PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

miniminx
18th September 2007, 11:40 PM
My other half has decided to part ex her mini one D for a 1 series.

We have put down a £500 deposit to hold the 120d we have been looking at but I am a little unsure if we have been fiddled on the price they are offering on our mini.

In part exchange they are offering £10750 for our mini one D on a 55 plate with 17000 miles, pepper pack & TLC. The mini needs two front tyres & we have a small crack in the rear light lense, other than that the car is mint.

Is this a fair price??

The 1 series we have seen is up for 13k.

As we only paid our £500 deposit over the phone today(18/09/07) can we pull out & get our deposit back if this is not a fair price?

Would like to know where we stand or is it worth trying to get more knocked off the 1 series before pulling out of the deal altogther.

Thanks
Mike

john
19th September 2007, 12:23 AM
sounds OK to me but the one series will not have as good a residual value.

I almost bought one but spoke to several used car dealers first and was put off the idea.

enjoy whatever you do.

ny152
19th September 2007, 12:24 AM
Parkers Guide puts a 2006 55 plate with 10000 miles at £10,080 as a part exchange. So the dealer offer seems reasonable considering your car needs two new tyres and a rear lens replaced.

Of course you need to look at the other part of the deal as well - is the 120d good value at £13000?

The important thing is always the price to change - Another dealer might have a 120d at £12500 but only offer £10,000 for your car.

Finally, why not consider a Cooper D? :D

miniminx
19th September 2007, 07:11 AM
It's a 2005-55 plate.

Deal seems ok then. Afterall, they are taxing the car for 12 months, carrying out the service which is due soon, applying supaguard to inside & outside of the car & a full tank of fuel.

Thought about a cooper D as her mother has got one & it is much better than the one D but she has wanted a 1 series for some time now so we went for it.

Gismo
19th September 2007, 07:21 AM
For what it's worth, sounds like avery good deal, enjoy the 1 series :)

AndyP & Lenore
19th September 2007, 10:08 AM
I dont think those figures would worry me either tbh. however, on the supaguard issue.... Do you intend waxing the car at any stage? cos if you do there's little point in putting supaguard on. as soon as you wax a car with supaguard or diamondbrite on the coating is reduced. And eventually it disappears altogether.

i only mention it because you might be able to squeeze something else out the dealer instead. :D

KenL
19th September 2007, 05:37 PM
as soon as you wax a car with supaguard or diamondbrite on the coating is reduced. And eventually it disappears altogether.

Not if you use a pure wax and not a cleaner/wax like NXT etc.;)

I would not bother with the likes of Supaguard either TBH.

AndyP & Lenore
19th September 2007, 07:29 PM
Not if you use a pure wax and not a cleaner/wax like NXT etc.;)

I would not bother with the likes of Supaguard either TBH.

We use diamondbrite. Love it. Put it on all our cars. Have done for about 5 years now. Not entirely positive about supaguard but with diamondbrite you absolutely can not put wax on top of it, regardless of whether it is pure or not. So my admittedly my advice was aimed at diamondbrite rather than supaguard.

a.:D