PDA

View Full Version : r56 paint

dundeered
18th September 2007, 03:36 PM
can i buy a can of r56 astro black paint ?? and how much would it be , fancy colour coding the rings around my front and rear lights

KenL
18th September 2007, 10:52 PM
can i buy a can of r56 astro black paint ?? and how much would it be , fancy colour coding the rings around my front and rear lights

No doubt you can buy some paint but it might not be easy to do a good job.

I would leave well alone :eek:

japper
19th September 2007, 08:30 AM

You would need to rub with wet & dry first and then spray a primer coat or two before a couple of layers of top coat and then lacquer.

So 3 cans of spray paint required.:)

Therefore it may be cheaper / easier & better to find a local spray shop to do it for you.

dundeered
19th September 2007, 10:36 AM
ken - my mate runs chips away in dundee and he sprayed my side venhts to match body colour , so i think if i had the spray paint then he would be able to deal with this for me , its been done on mini2 and i like it, probably will buy the rings seperate so if it goes tits up i still have orig chrome rings

Gismo
19th September 2007, 02:43 PM
Be interesting to see this done :)

KenL
19th September 2007, 06:07 PM
ken - my mate runs chips away in dundee and he sprayed my side venhts to match body colour , so i think if i had the spray paint then he would be able to deal with this for me , its been done on mini2 and i like it, probably will buy the rings seperate so if it goes tits up i still have orig chrome rings

Aha, if you have a mate in the know - go for it, should suit your car well.

I was just imagining the likes of me trying it :eek: