PDA

View Full Version : R56 Facelift

vintageb3
13th September 2007, 09:55 PM
OK...so....what would you like to see changed in the R56 when it gets a face lift?

Maybe this would entice those that "are not taken" with the new shape to buy one or give the owners of the current style something to look forward to (read as drool over) in their next purchase.

This thread is not intended to start a riot....the R56 is a nice looking car...its simply not as good looking as the last style :eek: :D

In order for me to turn my piggy bank upside down:

I would like them to do something with the lights so that they don't look like the eyes on a bulging frog whilst its being squeezed:eek:

And I think the front grill needs bars on it instead of black plastic squares...or at least a more retro grille.

Supercharger would be nice too:(

Craig...you are not allowed to go overboard here!!!:eek: :D

mark

Craig
13th September 2007, 10:00 PM
boo hoo - won't saying anything then..... except..

after my mod today, my car is growing on me loads and I wouldn't change it... :eek: :) :D :D :D :D :D

duncan
13th September 2007, 10:07 PM
I would change the following

Exterior:-
Front lights
Lose the fat arse look at the back

Interior:-
Better air circulation controls - R50 looks like a 1990s Peugeot, R56 like Fisher Price
Speedo/Radio - just too big, and no need for a combined device.

Scottie
13th September 2007, 10:11 PM
can't think of anything. Looks fine to me on the outside.

Maybe change the stereo set up and not make it so much part of the dash. Iron out any existing faults.
Change the gear knob.
Change the leather on the seats.
Option for electric boot open and close.

bring a 4x4 in to the range.

Angel eyes in the head lights.

More colours in the range.

Deep dish Alloys

AndyP & Lenore
13th September 2007, 11:09 PM
I'd like to see the supercharger back. angel eyes in the headlights. Not much else tbh, as i really like the new look of the r56. :D

FergusM
14th September 2007, 08:21 AM
I'd like alll the interior lights, as in lights on dash etc, to swap when you hot the switch in the roof, not just the ones you can hardly notice.

Gismo
14th September 2007, 08:35 AM
How about the popular Clubman Russet Brown returning :rolleyes:

Burple
14th September 2007, 11:18 AM
How about the popular Clubman Russet Brown returning :rolleyes:

It almost has! Have you seen a 'nightfire red' in the flesh? It's a bit disappointing, That would have been one of my choices :( Mind you the car I saw 3 times this week *was* a bit manky...

Other things.. bin the stupid scoop, it serves no purpose now :(
Make the Dash a LOT less BMW..
Separate Stereo again, so I can bin the crap Mini one, and put my own in ;):D
Sort out the horrible panel gaps round the bonnet area and replace the side repeater unit with something that look less cheap and nasty
Bring back the proper Mini slatted grille on all models.
Some brighter, more fun colours!!!! Mini is supposed to be a fun car, no? why are all the colours left now so...boring?

FergusM
14th September 2007, 11:51 AM
Other things.. bin the stupid scoop, it serves no purpose now :(

Well heard of a few cars melting their chrome scoops put on the "fake" bonnet scoop...and now cars have holes in to assist in cooling.

...but ok, you do have a point, we all know it was just marketing that wanted it there..

vintageb3
14th September 2007, 05:51 PM
Separate Stereo again, so I can bin the crap Mini one, and put my own in ;):D

Surely you could still stick in a Head unit...and ignore whats there?

Totally agree about the grille...but not sure how it would look really...

mark

Sheilz
16th September 2007, 11:06 PM
I like them better than I did when I first saw them but I really dont like the rear bumper on the S. I think its ugly. Not a patch on the earlier models. I agree with the previous comment about the colour choice being quite boring. I do like the blue though, think its cool. I know I wont be rushing to exchange specy for one. Quite like the pics of the clubman. Wonder what it will look like in full dressage!

N12 JLK
17th September 2007, 11:17 AM
I love our's but I will probably go for Chilli Red on the next one as I miss our last car.

Burple
17th September 2007, 11:18 AM
Surely you could still stick in a Head unit...and ignore whats there?

Totally agree about the grille...but not sure how it would look really...

mark
I'm pretty sure there's no room for one? Since it's all built in..
Ooh, just found a pic to compare..

http://www.mini2.com/images/of_r56/comp_int_dash_big.jpg

(sorry if that's a bit big, I'll remove it if it is..)

KenL
17th September 2007, 03:59 PM
The R56 interior is just so much better ;)

KenL
17th September 2007, 04:01 PM
I love our's but I will probably go for Chilli Red on the next one as I miss our last car.

Good choice, I think my red looks great.

Although, I saw an all black R56 Cooper yesterday, beautifully clean, which looked fantastic.