PDA

View Full Version : AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH

duncan
16th February 2004, 02:34 AM
Some b*****d has got up close and personal with my MINI and left a small dent on the rear quarter panel.

Gits. From the height of it I guess its a 4x4 or van.

:(:(

3GGG
16th February 2004, 03:17 AM
Sorry to hear about that Duncan, can it be pulled out do you think?

KenL
16th February 2004, 03:34 AM
Ouch :mad: Sorry to hear about that.

I never park near other cars if I can help it. Always use an end space (halves the chance) and park as far away from everyone else as possible.

Some car parks (like the one at my work) I won't use at all and park somewhere else preferably where no-one can part next to you.

It really p*sses me off that people have such little regard for other's property :disapprove:

monkimagic
16th February 2004, 09:26 AM
That is a bitch mate, Why can people not leave it alone. I hope you can pull it out mate, the dent that is, not the 12 gauge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/profiles/images/steve_coogan.jpg

Wul
16th February 2004, 04:53 PM
Yup - know how you feel - had to polish out a white door scuff at the weekend - about 4x2 inches - has left a dink in the panel too - but my cars departure means i won't need to worry about that...until the new one arrives that is.:eek:

Agree with the car park tactics of Ken and can people not be a bit more careful!

Willie M
16th February 2004, 04:54 PM
Gutted for you Duncan :disapprove: Hope it can all be fixed up quickly and easily.

macblob
16th February 2004, 07:48 PM
Sorry to hear about that Dunc,I noticed another scratch on my passenger door at the weekend, polished thw worst of it out but still have another 4 polishes or so to try on it lol :D

Just ends up being part of parking on the street in my case, nothing I can do about it unfortunately

seany
16th February 2004, 10:36 PM
sorry to hear

Linda M
16th February 2004, 10:45 PM
Horrible people !! Hope you get it sorted ok Duncan.

duncan
17th February 2004, 01:13 AM
Thanks folks.

I do try to steer clear of large vehicles in car parks.
Hey, such is life, its just annoying tho.

Can anyone recommend a good "dent puller" then?

Starky
17th February 2004, 04:08 AM
I just leave the bear in the car (when poss) much better than a doberman.

mr.b
18th February 2004, 12:31 AM
Dunc,

thats sucks a*s mate. thankfully not had to deal with that yet but my last car was only three months in my possession, immaculate it was too, and some berkshire hunt decided to drive up the side of my rear wheel arch and leave me with a nice 8 inch long crevasse!

distance parking is a must. As ken said, end bays or just far away and a taxi to the door!. hope you get it fixed easily.

B.

duncan
26th February 2004, 04:46 AM
Well, the man from Dent Devil has worked his magic on the panel, and i'm quite happy with the results.

Just have to get washing it now!

Willie M
26th February 2004, 04:16 PM
Good news Duncan :cool: Respect to the man from Dent Devil :D

GAJ
26th February 2004, 04:31 PM
I might get them to have a look at my door!