PDA

View Full Version : top gear is comin back

stoney
10th September 2007, 04:22 PM
at last top gear is on its way back !!!!!!

http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonbbc2/

:D :D :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Gismo
10th September 2007, 04:24 PM
Noticed an advert for the Hamster getting behind the wheel of a supercar again and seemingly driving it very fast :D

AndyP & Lenore
10th September 2007, 04:34 PM
Noticed an advert for the Hamster getting behind the wheel of a supercar again and seemingly driving it very fast :D

You have to wonder about who thought that would be a good idea.:confused:

A.:D

Craig
10th September 2007, 04:56 PM
Hail Hail the Top Gear crew...:D :D

glad to have it back soon. :)

FergusM
10th September 2007, 05:26 PM
Excellent... love that program.

sh@z
10th September 2007, 07:44 PM
You have to wonder about who thought that would be a good idea.:confused:

Apparently its the Veyron he's driving, so its not just a fast car they gave him, but one of THE FASTEST cars ever :confused:

harryboy22002
13th September 2007, 12:51 PM
i think top gear is a load of CRAP --only my opinion he is getting money fo nought;
harryboy 22002

Gismo
13th September 2007, 12:55 PM
i think top gear is a load of CRAP --only my opinion he is getting money fo nought;
harryboy 22002
Well of course everyone is entitled to their opinion :)

Read about his latest accident here (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=481126&in_page_id=1773)

AndyP & Lenore
13th September 2007, 12:56 PM
harryboy 22002

No one would argue you're not entitled to your opinion. but any chance you could explain what your second sentence means?

AeroJonny
13th September 2007, 08:38 PM
harryboy 22002

I'm not being funny, but I think you're well and truly in a minority of 1 in this one!

vintageb3
13th September 2007, 08:40 PM
No he isn't....Clarkson is a compete twat+!

mark

Bazthemod
13th September 2007, 09:00 PM
If you don't like it, don't watch it folks... i think the response after the Hamsters crash shows just how many people love the program! ;)

Scottie
13th September 2007, 09:03 PM
Top Gear is one of the best on TV it is more about entertainment than cars but it brillant.:D

stoney
14th September 2007, 03:40 PM
No he isn't....Clarkson is a compete twat+!

mark

he may be a twat but he is a lot better than that vikkiy butler from fith gear !!!! now thats some one who ets on my nerves

Gismo
15th September 2007, 02:48 AM
he may be a twat but he is a lot better than that vikkiy butler from fith gear !!!! now thats some one who ets on my nerves
:eek: as much as I like Clarkson's humour and wit, i know who i'd rather be looking at :D you just gotta love her laugh ;)

iain cooper
15th September 2007, 01:51 PM
top gear used to be good a few years ago, but now it's just rubbish.

they drive cars such as aston martins, ferraris, etc, etc, etc

big deal, who wants to see millionares toys being driven by opinionated idiots.

top gear should look at normal cars like minis, fords, etc, which would be more relevant to normal car enthusiasts.

again Jeremy Clarkson used to be interesting to listen to, but half the time he talks absolute rubbish, albeit sometimes funny, but nothing to do with what the programme is supposed to be about, ie cars

at least fifth gear looks at cars which are within the reach of a normal person and next week they compare the Cooper with the Dooper, which should be interesting.

the top gear team have lost it completely and would be better giving up.

duncan
15th September 2007, 01:59 PM
top gear used to be good a few years ago, but now it's just rubbish.

they drive cars such as aston martins, ferraris, etc, etc, etc

big deal, who wants to see millionares toys being driven by opinionated idiots.

top gear should look at normal cars like minis, fords, etc, which would be more relevant to normal car enthusiasts.

again Jeremy Clarkson used to be interesting to listen to, but half the time he talks absolute rubbish, albeit sometimes funny, but nothing to do with what the programme is supposed to be about, ie cars

at least fifth gear looks at cars which are within the reach of a normal person and next week they compare the Cooper with the Dooper, which should be interesting.

the top gear team have lost it completely and would be better giving up.

Now I agree with you up to a point. Its not a car show anymore, so the name Top Gear should go, not the programme.

Its a lads mag show. FHM TV is probably what its become, sadly minus the scantily clad ladies.:eek: ;)

iain cooper
15th September 2007, 02:16 PM
Now I agree with you up to a point. Its not a car show anymore, so the name Top Gear should go, not the programme.

Its a lads mag show. FHM TV is probably what its become, sadly minus the scantily clad ladies.:eek: ;)

agree with you Duncan, but as I've been watching top gear since it started I always expected something interesting about cars, which you just don't get anymore.

AndyP & Lenore
15th September 2007, 03:37 PM
Imho, Top Gear is one of the most entertaining programmes on tv right now. From beginning to end the banter and humour is virtually non stop.

I accept that it may not be everyone's cup of tea, and the programme may have drifted from what it was 10 years ago. We've been watching the re-runs on the sky channels for ages now and i think we've seen virtually all the programmes since clarkson returned to the show in 2001 (i think it was 2001), and tbh, the format has hardly changed in that time.

They do spend a fair bit thrashing about in ferrari's and bugati's. But so what? When the hell will us "ordinary" people ever get the chance to do that. Next best thing, watching some other nutter do it.

clarkson: yes he's opinionated. So what? How can a "review" programme review vehicles and not give an opinion. You're not obliged to agree with him.

vikki butler henderson: please dont get me started on the squealer. Annoys the sh*t out of me.

A. :D

duncan
15th September 2007, 04:16 PM
Imho, Top Gear is one of the most entertaining programmes on tv right now. From beginning to end the banter and humour is virtually non stop.

I accept that it may not be everyone's cup of tea, and the programme may have drifted from what it was 10 years ago. We've been watching the re-runs on the sky channels for ages now and i think we've seen virtually all the programmes since clarkson returned to the show in 2001 (i think it was 2001), and tbh, the format has hardly changed in that time.

They do spend a fair bit thrashing about in ferrari's and bugati's. But so what? When the hell will us "ordinary" people ever get the chance to do that. Next best thing, watching some other nutter do it.

clarkson: yes he's opinionated. So what? How can a "review" programme review vehicles and not give an opinion. You're not obliged to agree with him.

vikki butler henderson: please dont get me started on the squealer. Annoys the sh*t out of me.

A. :D

Thing is Andy, no-one would mind the Supercars, who wouldn't own one if they won the lottery, or were Scottiecoop? ;)

But how many times can you find yet another model of Porsche going round a track fast interesting?

Oh look - this one has a carbon fibre ashtray, lets see if it'll go faster than the one with the plastic ashtray! wow - its 0.00001 seconds faster, and on a dry track. Yawn.

They need to show normal cars for normal people, presented in a humerous manner. The likes of the one where they went mini-cabbing in the S-Max, and 2 similar motors was good. A bit more imagination is what it requires.

AndyP & Lenore
15th September 2007, 07:46 PM
I guess i know what you mean duncan. The toyota aygo's playing football was absolute class.

vintageb3
15th September 2007, 08:51 PM
This is why I don't like Clarkson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEERchIy3EA

mark

Gismo
16th September 2007, 02:37 AM
Top Gear = in my book, exactly what it says, if you wanna see top gear then watch this show.
Not everyone is gonna like every programme available, so, quite simple really, if you don't like it, don't watch it.
Same goes for me with the likes of BB, i don't like it, so, i don't watch it :rolleyes: :D

Julz
17th September 2007, 01:15 PM
Am I the only one that likes both TG and 5th Gear... ok, yes!!:o Top Gear to me is not really about cars, just watching people having a laugh in them with the occasional bit of slightly useful information but very humorous all the same.:D As for 5th Gear, VBH does bug me a bit, but I do have respect for her abilities as a girlie driver (awaits criticsm) but to watch Tiff and Jason belting round a track together is just fantastic, I must also admit that Johnny lad is growing on me too, glad they punted that Tim Lovejoy though, he didn't have a clue!!:rolleyes: :cool:

stoney
17th September 2007, 01:30 PM
i do like both shows its just that vbh just gets on my nerves and yes would much rather have her 2 look at

well i am looking forward 2 top gear as i think it is a top class show funny and fast cars can not ask for much more in my case

AndyP & Lenore
7th October 2007, 05:04 PM
BUMP!

Just a wee reminder it is on tonight at 8pm BBC2.

zimbo
7th October 2007, 05:17 PM
BUMP!

Just a wee reminder it is on tonight at 8pm BBC2.

Superb... Bring on the STIG :D

Damn the 1/4 final between Scotland & Argentina is also on @ the same time... Mmmm one of them will have to be recorded and watched later on!!! :mad:

Craig
7th October 2007, 05:28 PM
aye, and I am going out with Aussie relatives for a meal at 7 and I am recording TG, Jude is recording some nonsense, so I will miss the Rugby...:( and England won yesterday aswell.... not a great couple of days..

vintageb3
7th October 2007, 09:02 PM
So I sat and watched TG...

More Supercar crap! driving on insane roads!!!!:eek:

Didn't they know that you are 3 times more likely to die on a rural road, not just you but innocent road users going the other way.

;)

mark

N12 JLK
7th October 2007, 09:23 PM
top gear was brill, cant wait till next week:)

bigcoyote
7th October 2007, 10:14 PM
We FINALY have TG here on BBC America - Not the current season , but it is better than none at all.

Love it!!!:D

stoney
8th October 2007, 07:01 PM
top gear was brill loved it realy liked the golf !!!!!