PDA

View Full Version : Where are you now????

Bazthemod
10th September 2007, 11:22 AM
With things being deadly quiet apart from a few good threads recently i thought about remembering absent friends from the forums/ mini ownership.

Is it just me or did it the banter and general feel of the place seem better back in the days of people like:

Willie M
Linda M
Seany
Kirsty
Julz
KJ
Shaz
Martyn
Fontal

Im sure there must be others????? Even the dealers are disappearing!! :p

Some are still active on here from time to time but what are you all up to and driving these days?

Maybe we could have a NMS Reuninion, invite Cilla Black and have a few SURPRISE SURPRISE Moments :p

Even though i didnt attend runs in the early days i miss the forum banter :(

ianking
10th September 2007, 12:14 PM
I just checked my info page thingy on here and ive been a member since Oct 2003. Done a couple runs when I first joined but then went quiet as I didnt have a mini from mid 2005 to early 2006.

Im pretty sure I remember most of those names though.

Gismo
10th September 2007, 12:27 PM
Names from the past right enough, ex mods as well :)
Have not heard from Willie in ages.

Not sure if it was better back than than it is now, the runs are all well attended

Burple
10th September 2007, 12:33 PM
<Scooby Doo Wavy arms>

..Then there's the likes of Wul.. the Fossies and me, who are still hangin' about... :D:D

Smurf
10th September 2007, 12:55 PM
You can add Big Col to the "missing" list too... ;)

Gismo
10th September 2007, 02:04 PM
You can add Big Col to the "missing" list too... ;)
What, no way, he's best off GONE :rolleyes: :D

Big Col
10th September 2007, 02:22 PM
Directed at BS and not Smurf obviously. :)

I'm still here. Just being my usual quiet self and not posting much. :o

Gismo
10th September 2007, 02:35 PM
Directed at BS and not Smurf obviously. :)

I'm still here. Just being my usual quiet self and not posting much. :o
Managed to get the electricity tuned back on then :D

Big Col
10th September 2007, 03:21 PM
it's Shell's. :)

Gismo
10th September 2007, 03:27 PM
it's Shell's. :)
Far too tame, will the real Big Col step forward :rolleyes:

Bazthemod
10th September 2007, 04:08 PM
I just checked my info page thingy on here and ive been a member since Oct 2003. Done a couple runs when I first joined but then went quiet as I didnt have a mini from mid 2005 to early 2006.

Im pretty sure I remember most of those names though.

I joined just a few months after you :D was there not a guy with username Mcblob that bought a Seat too? :cool:

Bazthemod
10th September 2007, 04:10 PM
<Scooby Doo Wavy arms>

..Then there's the likes of Wul.. the Fossies and me, who are still hangin' about... :D:D

Didn't notice you down there! ... i'll never get tired of lines like that ;):D:p

GAJ
10th September 2007, 04:25 PM
I joined just a few months after you :D was there not a guy with username Mcblob that bought a Seat too? :cool:

Macblob is still alive and well and lurking away. Still posts every now and again too. Still got the Seat!

Burple
10th September 2007, 04:35 PM
Didn't notice you down there! ... i'll never get tired of lines like that ;):D:p

Aye.. that's rich comin' from the BFG there... :p:p:p:D

AndyP & Lenore
10th September 2007, 04:35 PM
<<<Grumbles.... We've been around for 3 1/2 years... do we not count?

A.:D

stoney
10th September 2007, 04:39 PM
i have been about for 2 years i joined in 07/2005 i can not beleave i have been on the site so long

macblob
10th September 2007, 04:40 PM
I am still here...........haven't owned a Mini in a longtime though.
Still kicking about Edinburgh in my Seat as Gaj said :D

And come to think about it ive been lurking about since June, 2003.........how time flies

Craig
10th September 2007, 05:00 PM
aye, been here since Oct 2003 and remember my first run was the Festive Run in Dec 2003 run by the Moffats.. :D :D :D

they just fitted out the kitchen at our work recently. ;)

Bazthemod
10th September 2007, 06:28 PM
Aye.. that's rich comin' from the BFG there... :p:p:p:D

Heh heh ironic humour you see... i get away with it as most people on here just think im a bairn when im on a run :D:p:D

Scottie
10th September 2007, 06:35 PM
joined april 2004

Big Gordy
10th September 2007, 07:43 PM
I joined May 2003........crickey thats nearly four and a half years ago:eek: doesn't seem that long:rolleyes::D

Big Gordy
10th September 2007, 07:47 PM
Linda M had a bad experience on mini2 I think and shortly after that sold her mini..but don't quote me on that:o
Willie M sold his mini to buy a boat:eek: and is presently too busy running his company (and his Range Rover Sport) to post any more:rolleyes:

sh@z
11th September 2007, 11:50 AM
I'm still around, but not posting on here as much as I used to... namely because I don't have a Mini anymore so only really participate in the OT&B threads. Still pop along to the odd run now and again tho ;0

Real life also is taking lots of time, seeing as I'm not a student anymore, and work keeping me pretty damn busy.

KJ isn't around here as much cos of a fallout with the mods and also work in Glasgow :)

The Dogfather
11th September 2007, 01:41 PM
I still post but not as often, two reasons. I no longer own a MINI and I'm no longer in Scotland.

I would like to get involved in the runs but I'm getting stuck back into climbing all the 'English Mountains' again so my weekends are pretty much spoken for at the moment.

Still looking at getting another MINI but I'm waiting for the R56 bugs to be sorted out.....

Mini Martyn
11th September 2007, 02:59 PM
Im here too, trying to keep out of trouble, hehe.

I am curently driving an Audi A6, 2.4l V6, love it and i am currently thinkning about buying an Audi A8, hehe :D

Would love to come along to one of the runs to see everyone again, miss you all, but currently under nappies with the twins!! :p ;) :D

Mini Martyn
11th September 2007, 03:11 PM
p.s This is a nice post for me as an old member it is nice to be remembered!! :D ;)

sh@z
11th September 2007, 05:44 PM
Indeed, thats what I thought, at least someone remembers us!

The Dogfather
11th September 2007, 08:52 PM

Remember? You haven't left ;)

Mini Martyn
12th September 2007, 12:38 PM

I think they remember you for all the wrong reasons!!?? ;) :D

Burple
12th September 2007, 03:45 PM
I think they remember you for all the wrong reasons!!?? ;) :D

Lol...what on EARTH could he be talking about.... <whistles>... ;);):D:D

sh@z
12th September 2007, 11:21 PM
:eek::mad::mad::(:confused::eek: mofos!

Burple
13th September 2007, 09:25 AM
mofos!

:p:p:p:D:D:D

Hey.. it certainly broke the ice!

..........and a couple of lights, bumpers, a bonnet... ;);):D:D

Mini Martyn
13th September 2007, 10:34 AM
Not to mention the fire brigade!!?? lol :D ;) :p

Gismo
13th September 2007, 10:46 AM
Not to mention the fire brigade!!?? lol :D ;) :p
Cannae get rid o him noo :rolleyes: :D

sleepyrascal
18th September 2007, 12:17 PM
I just sign in now and then. Been really busy with work n stuff. Just got back from a rally around europe in ECTO 1 (the car from ghostbusters). It was caarraaazzyyyyy!!!!

Julz
18th September 2007, 02:26 PM
Aww, it's nice to be missed (or forgotten about... whatever!;) ). I still lurk about in the background here and keep in touch with a fair few of you! Joined here the day MMM launched the site and you've still not gotten rid of me yet (despite the attempts:rolleyes: ). Currently driving a renaultsport megane 225 cup and quite enjoying it but SERIOUSLY wanting my evo back, why oh why oh why did I let Rob convince me to sell it!!:mad:

Roll on Cullen 2008, we'll be there (even if it's only us!!:D )

Julz:p

Mini Martyn
19th September 2007, 09:36 AM
Cullen 2008!!?? :D :p