PDA

View Full Version : 6 disc changer and tape player in R53 S

AndyP & Lenore
8th September 2007, 03:00 PM
Finally persuaded one of my mates (and employee's) to join the MINI community. He's bought a 2004 Cooper S Hyper Blue with Chilli pack from Peter Vardy.

His new car has a Radio/Tape player with a 6 disc changer in the boot. He's wondering if it is possible to stick an aftermarket head unit in place of the tape player? Also, will his 6 disc changer in the boot have a standard output to an aftermarket head unit? or will it only plug into his MINI tape player head unit?

Can anyone help?

A.;)

stoney
8th September 2007, 03:58 PM
yes u can put after market stero in i have one in mine

no the 6 disk changer will not fit a after maket unit you may be able 2 get a converter i dont know but if he is putting in a unit that will play mp3 you do not need one :D

your pal will need a kit like this one 2 put it in

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/ministuff.jpg

you can find them on e bay for about £15 bucks

hope this helps

stoney

AndyP & Lenore
8th September 2007, 05:42 PM
Cheers Stoney.;)

I think his idea is to put a head in that will take an input from his MP3 player, so you're right, he probably won't need his 6 disc.

I'll pass on the info.

Cheers,

A.:D

Scottie
8th September 2007, 07:38 PM
why not get him to ask mikethemini. That way you will know for sure what you can and can not do.

Gismo
9th September 2007, 05:52 AM
Depends what type of functionality he wants for his MP3 player to decide which way to go for a head unit and also depends what type of MP3 player.

Kenwood have some very good kit that shows iD Tags etc, best to contact mikeythemini to confirm best route :)

AndyP & Lenore
9th September 2007, 11:04 AM
Depends what type of functionality he wants for his MP3 player to decide which way to go for a head unit and also depends what type of MP3 player.

Kenwood have some very good kit that shows iD Tags etc, best to contact mikeythemini to confirm best route :)

Cheers Alan & Fiona,

I'll give him Mikey's details.

I've been persuading him to register on here, but he doesn't have any Internet access at home:rolleyes: . Need to get that sorted too.;)

A.:D