PDA

View Full Version : remote

jockserb
7th September 2007, 05:16 AM
problems opening boot useing key fob,is there a certain bit on boot you point at????????????press the icon on remote several times and boot fails to open,same problem with spare remote ,(sometimes works),,,,,what am I doing wrong any ideas 57plate mini........Thanks G20RAN

FergusM
7th September 2007, 08:22 AM
You are unlocking car first before pressing the boot release ?

jockserb
7th September 2007, 04:30 PM
You are unlocking car first before pressing the boot release ?

Thats that sorted ,wasnt unlocking car before trying to release boot.....glad I didnt go in to clarks would have felt like a real twat....Thanks Again

Burple
7th September 2007, 05:09 PM
You have to unlock the car first before opening the boot on the R56??
<sigh> :rolleyes::rolleyes: Another 'Feature'?? ;)

The key fob for the older cars unlocks the boot for you when you press it, without unlocking the rest of the car...

Craig
7th September 2007, 05:30 PM
You have to unlock the car first before opening the boot on the R56??
<sigh> :rolleyes::rolleyes: Another 'Feature'?? ;)

The key fob for the older cars unlocks the boot for you when you press it, without unlocking the rest of the car...

there is a benefit to that tho' you R56 hater you:eek: ;) .... with the "old" car, if you by chance left you key in the boot when you shut it, your keys were locked in the boot.... If you do that with the "new" car, then you can still re-open the boot and retrieve your keys...

Seems like an "enhancement" to me :rolleyes: ;) :D

AndyP & Lenore
7th September 2007, 05:50 PM
there is a benefit to that tho' you R56 hater you:eek: ;) .... with the "old" car, if you by chance left you key in the boot when you shut it, your keys were locked in the boot.... If you do that with the "new" car, then you can still re-open the boot and retrieve your keys...

Seems like an "enhancement" to me :rolleyes: ;) :D

Attaboy!!! Coming round.

Read a funny/sad story in this on the x5drivers.co.uk thread a few months back. A bloke had a new 5 series and drove out to Germany for a meeting. Locked his keys in the boot using the exact system as described above. Had to call BMW assist out. They couldn't get in. It ended up there was only two ways to get the car moving: Fly back to the UK, pick up the spare keys then fly back to the car, or order a whole new set of keys. Luckily for this guy BMW assist agreed to pick up the bill whichever way he went. He decided to do the fly option as that would get him his keys quicker!

A.:D

KenL
7th September 2007, 05:53 PM
I agree this is a good thing on the R56.

I once had to drive 150 miles round trip to get my mates spare key for his Audi A6!

Gismo
8th September 2007, 06:26 AM
Well, i never knew that, seems you're never too old to learn :) now, if i ever have to get an R56..............................

Burple
10th September 2007, 05:29 PM
there is a benefit to that tho' you R56 hater you:eek: ;) .... with the "old" car, if you by chance left you key in the boot when you shut it, your keys were locked in the boot...

Ummm what?

If you shut the boot with your keys in it.. how would you click the button to lock the boot again? with the keys you'd just shut in the boot?
Why can't you just press the button on the boot handle to open it again?

Unless you mean when you only open the boot and not the rest of the doors this happens...? Hey.. How about 'don't be so bloody lazy'? :D:D Open all the doors so you have to remember to lock them all again? :p:D