PDA

View Full Version : i need some help with a pc prob

stoney
5th September 2007, 07:45 PM
ok i need some help i have a video i took on my digital camrea i have put it on to my laptop it has gone on as a (.mov) file

i can play this on my laptop but i need to burn it on 2 a dvd disk that will it to be played in a normal dvd player

i have a dvd burner in my laptop but when i put it on it says file type not known so do i need to convert this file and if so to what and how can i do this

hlep me please

thanx

stoney

Bazthemod
5th September 2007, 07:58 PM
If you search google for MOV to DVD converter you will get loads of little programs that convert the file for you... better still you might find an open source program that will let you do it for free :)

Burple
5th September 2007, 08:04 PM
If it's a .mov file, it's an Apple Quicktime file..

Do you have iTunes? iTunes can burn CDs, but I dunno about dvds.. maybe someone else can shed light on that.

What burning software have you got on your pc just now?
Does the file play in a Quicktime window?

I know Nero can burn .mov files fine...
You can download a trial version of Nero from www.download.com, but when you're installing it, you have the choice to only install the Burning software if you choose the 'advanced' install method.. apparently :D

How big is the file?
If it's not huge you could try emailing it to me and I'll have a go if you like..

Or download and install iTunes.. and try with that if you don't already have it..

Burple
5th September 2007, 08:06 PM
...and there's usually some form of movie converter software on the free dvd with magazines like Personal Computer World.. ;):D

or as Baz says.. have a search about. Again, www.download.com might be a good place to start looking :D