PDA

View Full Version : Needing new.............

Crombers
4th September 2007, 06:40 PM
brake pads (i think!!). Now covered 45K & although my wee lights are telling me nowt I reckon my brake pads could do with being renewed (did I mention brake fade at all !!). What do you guys & gals (those who have replaced their's) reckon, standard BMW one's or aftermarket :confused: ??

Colin
4th September 2007, 06:49 PM
I'm due to replace mine at some point too. So it'll be interesting to see what you guys suggest. Was thinking about trying the EBC green stuff pads, anybody had experience of them?

Craig
4th September 2007, 07:01 PM
brake pads (i think!!). Now covered 45K & although my wee lights are telling me nowt I reckon my brake pads could do with being renewed (did I mention brake fade at all !!). What do you guys & gals (those who have replaced their's) reckon, standard BMW one's or aftermarket :confused: ??

wondered how long you were going to wait before changing them...:eek: :rolleyes: :D

never kept a MINI long enough to need to change the pads, so I can't help. (neither will BS, Scottiecoop or Angus ;) )

Burple
4th September 2007, 09:57 PM
I know the Green Stuff ones are supposed to really cut down on the brake dust - for those super shiny wheels ;):D

Scottie
4th September 2007, 10:07 PM
if you car is out of warranty then I'd go aftermarket.

Never had a Mini long enough but just change the brake pads couple weeks back on my Beemer.

Big Gordy
4th September 2007, 10:16 PM
Green stuff pads OK;) They do indeed cut down on brake dust considerably:D
I have heard tales of some breaking (no pun intended:D) up on higher mileage examples. Never happened to me and I ran them for 5 years on my old XR2 then another 7 years with the mundane (not the same pads I may add:rolleyes:)
I couldn't honestly recommend their disc's tho as I had 2 sets warp within 18 months on the mundane:mad: Mintex pads are pretty good as well. Just don't go for the race pads as they take forever to get any heat into them:cool:

Gismo
5th September 2007, 04:21 AM
never kept a MINI long enough to need to change the pads, so I can't help. (neither will BS, Scottiecoop or Angus ;) )
Ahem, i had my first S for 3 years, changed front and back pads including the wheel disks for Mintex :rolleyes: