PDA

View Full Version : Freeview Playback

AndyP & Lenore
3rd September 2007, 11:42 PM
This is cool. Freeview have now come out with a standard "Freeview Playback" system for HDD recording of freeview channels. I know digital terrestrial recorders have been around for a while - we have one in the bedroom -but I've yet to find one that works properly and is easy to use.

Hopefully this will be just like Sky+ but for freeview instead.

Freeview Playback Micro site (http://www.freeviewplayback.co.uk/index.html)

A.:D

duncan
4th September 2007, 12:21 AM
It looks like a good idea, but its only another 3 years before they bother to serve 30,000 viewers in Dundee. :mad:

AndyP & Lenore
4th September 2007, 12:25 AM
It looks like a good idea, but its only another 3 years before they bother to serve 30,000 viewers in Dundee. :mad:

Duncan, when is terrestrial analogue being turned off for you guys?
Ours is being switched off early next year. Half the Borders still doesn't have Freeview! If you don't have Sky, you're stuck with no TV!:eek:

A.:mad:

Scottie
4th September 2007, 12:28 AM
isn't virgin offering something like this.

AndyP & Lenore
4th September 2007, 12:29 AM
isn't virgin offering something like this.

Don't know Fi, but if they do it will only be if you have cable. no cable in the Borders.:(

A.

Scottie
4th September 2007, 12:33 AM
Don't know Fi, but if they do it will only be if you have cable. no cable in the Borders.:(

A.

your right it is cable was a leaflet in the post today about it.

AndyP & Lenore
4th September 2007, 12:35 AM
your right it is cable was a leaflet in the post today about it.

We get them too. I've been tempted to call them and ask when they can install. LOL.

@rses.

A.:D

duncan
4th September 2007, 10:06 AM
Duncan, when is terrestrial analogue being turned off for you guys?
Ours is being switched off early next year. Half the Borders still doesn't have Freeview! If you don't have Sky, you're stuck with no TV!:eek:

A.:mad:

3 years time Andy. Its only getting done just before analouge turn off.
There's cable at the top of my lane, and at the bottom. Just not in the middle bit where I am. Figure that one out.:confused:

The current TV reception is pretty poor, so my only option for now is Sky, although I'm freeview ready.

euan
4th September 2007, 02:10 PM
I'm just glad they've agreed a standard, as opposed to the new DVD stuff.

It's more than just the ability to record, it's stuff like standard EPG and the like as well.

In my book, a good thing. although not many of the new boxes have HD slots yet, and HD freeview is due next year I think.

AndyP & Lenore
4th September 2007, 02:31 PM
I'm just glad they've agreed a standard, as opposed to the new DVD stuff.

It's more than just the ability to record, it's stuff like standard EPG and the like as well.

In my book, a good thing. although not many of the new boxes have HD slots yet, and HD freeview is due next year I think.

Agree fully euan.:D

The standard EPG is a must, from my experience there are some really awful, but also some very fast, and accurate EPG's out there.

As for Freeview HD, I think that will be a few years before that is widespread. I think they need to switch off analogue completely to free up the bandwidth Freeview HD requires. May be wrong in that though.

A.;)