PDA

View Full Version : Well...time to change the sig blurb...

vintageb3
1st September 2007, 09:32 PM
Today I fitted my playmini catback exhaust....so now I have to go change my sig blurb :rolleyes: :eek:

It was pig to fit...on a convertible that is. I also had to pack a rear brace down 50mm to allow the exhaust to clear said brace. This brace is not present on the tin top I believe. Had to run about trying to get longer bolts....not easy on a Saturday! Had to cut some box section for the spacers...and halfway through the first cut...the crank on our mechanical hacksaw decided to fly off the flywheel...so i spent an hour fixing that as well:(

I do love the playmini sound though...well worth the hassle! Its not at all noisy even with the roof down.

Seems to me there is a slight increase in power...but nothing to write home about.

I do have a slight problem with the changeover...but I will write a separate post on that...

Tomorrow the Alta CAI goes on:) :)

mark

AndyP & Lenore
1st September 2007, 09:38 PM
Glad you like the exhaust mate.:D

You've just joined a growing but still exclusive club.;)

A.:D

vintageb3
1st September 2007, 09:44 PM
AH!...The very man!

Apology sort of...

It turns out that the Playmini may indeed be fully stainless steel afterall.

It may be the case that the pipes are a different (read as poorer)grade of SS and so can take on some corrosion.

Good news...maybe...if its the case;) :D

Thanks Andy!

mark

AndyP & Lenore
1st September 2007, 09:47 PM
I thought that would be the case, and I kept meaning to check up on it. Glad you've got to the bottom of it though, 'cos I was a bit worried about being sold a "stainless steel" exhaust system for it NOT to be stainless steel.

Mind you, I wasn't so worried that I felt I should offer you a refund.:eek: ;) :D

A.:D

Craig
1st September 2007, 09:53 PM
Well done Mark - wish they could make one for an R56, but then again, maybe I should wait for the engine problems to be sorted first...:rolleyes: ;) :D

vintageb3
1st September 2007, 10:10 PM
Thing is...I keep looking round for ELFMAN:D

mark

vintageb3
2nd September 2007, 07:48 PM
Now my Alta CAI is on.:D :D :D :D

If you like supercharger whine...you will love the Alta CAI.

Stick the foot down and...you get SOOOOKKKKK.....WEEEEEEEEEEEE.

All this AND the VROOOM...CLUCK CLUCK GURGLE from the Playmini.

Its all highly technical this post!:o

A guy in a 3 series BMW tried to race me round a roundabout today:eek:

I let him pull away...and then stuck the foot down. As I past him;) ...I noticed his drivers window was down and you could see his eyes smarting...as if he was looking for earplugs :)....and his mouth was open during all of this as well:D

Have to say that the car can still be driven in stealth mode...its only when you floor it you get a bit of noise.

One is highly amused....delighted...and can't wait for the next stage;)

That next stage will be soon

mark

Burple
2nd September 2007, 10:01 PM
It turns out that the Playmini may indeed be fully stainless steel afterall.

It may be the case that the pipes are a different (read as poorer)grade of SS and so can take on some corrosion.

I'm pretty sure you're right there young man ;)
When I swapped mine over the front link pipe was definitely a bit more corroded looking than the rear box section, but mine's 4 years old now, been on two cars, and covered roundabout 60k miles, and it's still solid and fruity :D:D