PDA

View Full Version : Two Bucket System.

AndyP & Lenore
24th August 2007, 10:01 PM
Used this today for the first time when detailing the car for the Borders Run.:D :D :D

Holy ****!:eek: :eek: The clean water bucket ended up full of grit and all sorts of cr@p in the bottom of it. Will never go back to just one bucket.;)

I'm a changed man.:cool:

A.:D

Mini Ecosse
25th August 2007, 07:43 AM
I'm a changed man.:cool:

A.:D

Lenore will be pleased :rolleyes: :)

Craig
25th August 2007, 10:21 AM
I don't think he has changed THAT much...:eek: :rolleyes: ;) :)

never used the 2 bucket method...... yet :cool:

Gismo
25th August 2007, 10:54 AM
Whenever i wash my car :rolleyes: all the grit goes to the bottom of my one bucket method, i guess the difference is you can see it in the "clean" bucket :D

Mini Laura
25th August 2007, 12:15 PM
Despite the iminent threat of rain am washing my mini today so will try the two bucket method as i am a complete obsessive and Halfords best customer! Good tip!:D

illegalhunter
25th August 2007, 04:00 PM
I use a foam lance & a bucket with a grit guard. I dont no why i bother as the mcs is goingin mid sept. I just cant look @ it dirty.

ianking
25th August 2007, 06:08 PM
I always use the 2 bucket method and thats after I have given the car a decent hose down either with the jet wash or with a fast stream of water to get the loose dirt off.
I would hate to cause swirls on the car with dirty water.

Maxxed Ross
29th August 2007, 12:09 PM
If you think that's good you should try the 3 bucket method!

X30YES
29th August 2007, 04:58 PM
Seems that a grit guard is a must when and if you use the 2 bucket (http://www.autogeek.net/gg1010.html) method

Blueboy
2nd October 2007, 10:21 PM
Am a bit of a detailing freak, like a clean bike and car, always use the two bucket method its amazing the amount of crap in the bucket that you find when cleaning the car. I use www.detailingworld.com quite a lot, good for info and tips on keeping your pride and joy clean.
cheers Paul

N12 JLK
3rd October 2007, 07:32 PM
2 bucket system is sooooo last year:p
I use the 4 bucket method.;)

Scottie
3rd October 2007, 07:57 PM
I always use the "Allan" system. You can't beat it works for me.:D ;)

sedgie
3rd October 2007, 10:40 PM
FFS i just use the hot soapy /foamy...pish wash in St Andrews!:p :p :p ...n hae time tae dae wot i want:rolleyes: :p

RS
30th October 2007, 11:12 PM
Could somebody direct me to details of the two bucket technique please.

AndyP & Lenore
31st October 2007, 12:52 AM
This is a pretty cool example of the two bucket method.

Meguires Online Forums (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/thread/35844.aspx)

A.;)

japper
31st October 2007, 02:23 PM
Jet wash, foam lance, jet wash, foam again and then two bucket wash with lambswool mit while re foaming each area as i go around.

Anything to avoid inflicting swirls into paintwork.:)

JCWmini
31st October 2007, 05:00 PM
Some of you guys need to get out more. :eek:

AndyP & Lenore
31st October 2007, 07:16 PM
Some of you guys need to get out more. :eek:

We do get out. But just to wash the MINI really.

A.;)

Crombers
31st October 2007, 07:45 PM
1 bucket, Fairy Liquid, kitchen cloth & Jif for the stubborn bits ;)

AndyP & Lenore
31st October 2007, 08:32 PM

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!! It's all wrong.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :(

N12 JLK
31st October 2007, 08:35 PM

My goodness your underwear must be in some state if thats what you use on them:D

japper
31st October 2007, 09:53 PM
I get out enough:) It only takes me a couple of hours each weekend to do the above. Every 4 months it goes into Polished Bliss for the protection detail:D

It amazes me how some people 'look after' their cars, especially black ones. If you don't know how to wash a car properly, you'd be better staying clear of dark colours.

Gismo
1st November 2007, 04:24 AM
Go on Big Man :D a dropped sponge acts just like one of those mesh fibre cloths to get rid of bug splat :p :rolleyes: :)

JCWmini
1st November 2007, 08:29 AM
Go on Big Man :D a dropped sponge acts just like one of those mesh fibre cloths to get rid of bug splat :p :rolleyes: :)

I find the Ajax powder better for bug splats, along with a brillo pad. Works well.

Crombers
1st November 2007, 03:27 PM

Ah yes, grit is good ;) :D

Crombers
1st November 2007, 03:28 PM
I find the Ajax powder better for bug splats, along with a brillo pad. Works well.

............takes mental note, must try this ;) :D