PDA

View Full Version : Electric Windaes

Big Gordy
24th August 2007, 01:44 PM
Has anybody on here ever had any issues with there electric windows:confused: Our drivers side window will sometimes refuse to work either up or down:mad: It will still drop that wee bit when the door is opened but otherwise its dead:eek: Well its dead until you give the interior panel, just below the door handle, a damn good thump (dealer fix :eek: ) then it seems to work OK...until the next time anyway. Weird....its done it twice now:(

Bazthemod
24th August 2007, 02:54 PM
My drivers side window made a knocking sound when i wound it fully down... so i took off the doorcard to investigate and found a pair of longnosed pliers inside the door from when the central locking got fixed!! :p:D

Mark R
24th August 2007, 03:11 PM
I've heard of someone having the motor that moves the window up replaced. They used the temporary fix you mentioned for a while till that stopped helping to get things going.

Mark R
24th August 2007, 03:14 PM
My drivers side window made a knocking sound when i wound it fully down... so i took off the doorcard to investigate and found a pair of longnosed pliers inside the door from when the central locking got fixed!! :p:D

When I got mine back once I had a socket rolling around between the rear seatbelt clips.

Maybe time for a "I found it in my MINI" thread.:D

Big Gordy
24th August 2007, 04:07 PM
I've heard of someone having the motor that moves the window up replaced. They used the temporary fix you mentioned for a while till that stopped helping to get things going.

Ours is out of warranty so I'd have to fork out for the replacement motor:mad: I'm sure the guy at Menzies told me it would be over 200 quid to put right:eek: Something about having to buy another bit because when you took the window motor off it broke something else in the process so you had to buy it as well:mad: God knows how much the total would be if I got then to fit it as well:eek:

jamiec
31st August 2007, 08:59 PM
Had this on my old cooper s. Got replaced under good will. Had to pay labour of 60 quid or something.

bigcoyote
31st August 2007, 09:32 PM
I had both my window motors replaced at least 3 times under warranty -- But , here in the USA there is a 2 year warranty on all parts replaced by a MINI dealer - even if the car is out of warranty - the part is warrantied for 2 years from date of installation.
I don't know if that is the same in the UK or not??? might be worth looking into. :confused:

Coop
2nd September 2007, 07:58 PM
My window sometimes doesn't work and I have to belt the door a couple of times. I can hear a click when I press the button so maybe a solenoid?