PDA

View Full Version : At last my Cooper S ticking has stopped!!!!

vintageb3
22nd August 2007, 09:24 PM
Well....at long last...after a few meetings with BMW...they have cured the ticking noise coming from the drivers side of the engine whilst the engine is under load.

About a year ago I complained to a dealer in the Stirling area about this...and showed them 11 pages from MINI2 trying to help them find the problem.

Many owners within these 11 pages were told that a Harmonic Damper (or vibration damper) was at fault. I believe its simply a pulley...and its in two halves. There is a silicone between the two halves and if the splits or dissipates...you get the sound of playing cards on the spokes of a bike.

This is EXACTLY what I was experiencing!!!!

Err...they blamed an ill fitting front bumper. hmmm...:rolleyes: :mad:

So it gives me great pleasure in stating that as of today...the ticking noise has stopped...and only after the Harmonic Damper has been replaced.

Now I can hear the Supercharger!!!

Now...the roof...well that saga continues...and it goes back in again next week:rolleyes:

mark

Scottie
22nd August 2007, 10:09 PM
where did you get it fixed.

vintageb3
22nd August 2007, 10:15 PM
At a BMW dealership:D

mark

Scottie
22nd August 2007, 10:16 PM
what Mark are you a chicken:eek: :eek: afraid to mention a dealers name shame on you thought you'd have much more to say about than that.:eek: :eek: You know.

vintageb3
22nd August 2007, 10:19 PM
Timing is everything....:D

mark

Scottie
22nd August 2007, 10:21 PM
Timing is everything....:D

mark

funny I thought it was ticking.:confused: :D :p

vintageb3
22nd August 2007, 10:26 PM
Not anymore:D

mark

Craig
22nd August 2007, 11:07 PM
Glad to hear you finally got a dealer to listen to you and sort your problem. Customer get's car fixed - it was a MINI adventure :D

vintageb3
23rd August 2007, 12:11 AM
Well Craig...you spoke to me right after I was told my bumper was causing the ticking noise...remember?

I couldn't laugh for shaking my head in disbelief:rolleyes:

mark

Craig
23rd August 2007, 04:43 PM
Well Craig...you spoke to me right after I was told my bumper was causing the ticking noise...remember?

I couldn't laugh for shaking my head in disbelief:rolleyes:

mark

yeah I remember, that was during the Thistle Run :)

vintageb3
23rd August 2007, 11:27 PM
No Craig...it was outside the dealership;)

mark