PDA

View Full Version : update on omg it is now OMG!!!!!!!!!!

Scottie
22nd August 2007, 08:39 AM
Well if you read my other post then you will know I got recovered on Sunday.

Now I just thought it was a Turbo problem after the big massive WOOSH SOUND that my turbo hose had blown of.

Well it's never that simple and I should have known.

My car engine which is like a couple weeks old is buggered -dead- ended.

Sat down with the dealer sales guy and manager guy yesterday.

I said look I'm not having this
(the saleman guy let slip about another motor he knew about with the same problem)

blah blah blah anyway long story short all agreed within about 20 mins. I got my money back on the Wrangler which was just over 23K and bought another car wich was on the forecourt at £25995.00 without putting any money into the deal( obviously they must have have had plenty to play with on the motor) collected the car last night. I did loose my money for the Towbar but I am getting the 11 months road tax refunded to me so that offsets that a bit.
it's a Grand Cherokee 3.0crd Overland it's a 56 plate with under 10K on the clock.

Dealer was spot on done everything I wanted with no arguments nothing.

bpirie1000
22nd August 2007, 09:06 AM
there is a simple solution....

Stop Buying so many cars......

Get one you actually like....Job done.

will also save about 100 posts about "Oh guess what car I have just bought......"

Grumble over......

john
22nd August 2007, 09:12 AM

will also save about 100 posts about "Oh guess what car I have just bought......"

Grumble over......

I just got back to my hotel (soaking wet) after getting caught in the rain, read this post and can't stop laughing:D :D

Fiona give me a buzz when you get a 300c so I can get a run in it :)

Scottie
22nd August 2007, 09:14 AM

Grumble over......

:p who cares

john
22nd August 2007, 09:43 AM
300c!!!!!!!!!

Scottie
22nd August 2007, 09:51 AM
300c!!!!!!!!!

nope I do like them but me being me I would end putting the Bentley badge on:o ;) prefer the estate version.

Big Gordy
22nd August 2007, 10:12 AM
nope I do like them but me being me I would end putting the Bentley badge on:o ;) prefer the estate version.
You mean the 'hearse' version (if its black of course;) ) :p :D
I do like the way it has that 'roof chop' look about it. Very retro 60's hot rod look.

john
22nd August 2007, 11:01 AM
:o ;) prefer the estate version.

Its high on my list of want to have cars!!

Scottie
22nd August 2007, 11:10 AM

Had a test drive a few months back the 3.0crd is very smooth same engine thats in the Merc ML:cool:

SarahMunro
22nd August 2007, 11:40 AM
hey Fi, bad news about the Jeep, you fancy buying my R56 Cooper or anyone else? :D
Going cheap due to not requiring 2 cars now.

Scottie
22nd August 2007, 12:22 PM
hey Fi, bad news about the Jeep, you fancy buying my R56 Cooper or anyone else? :D
Going cheap due to not requiring 2 cars now.

thanks but No. Couldn't afford it Minis are just to dam expensive for me I am afraid.:mad:

SarahMunro
22nd August 2007, 12:52 PM
Too expensive and you've just bought a £25k car!!

euan
22nd August 2007, 01:27 PM
I've heard a few stories of engine problems on these things - a guy at work has had SO much trouble with his JEEP. At least you got good service - he's still trying to get them to agree that it's a warrenty job!

Scottie
22nd August 2007, 04:02 PM
Too expensive and you've just bought a £25k car!!

exactly hence I can't afford your Mini as a run around hence why I bought my Cabby.:D

Craig
22nd August 2007, 10:57 PM
not great news about the Wrangler as you loved it...

Good news that the dealer looked after you without any shouting and waiting 5 months to help you out.. That's how it should be.:rolleyes: ;)

Scottie
22nd August 2007, 11:11 PM
not great news about the Wrangler as you loved it...

Good news that the dealer looked after you without any shouting and waiting 5 months to help you out.. That's how it should be.:rolleyes: ;)

I would agree Craig. honestly no problems and all of 20 mins it was all agreed. Mind you I was buying a used car of their lot maybe that helped but they agreed to me getting the same money back on the wrangler. It's all down to decision making I think on the part of dealers

illegalhunter
23rd August 2007, 11:38 PM
wow result Fi 20mins to get your money back, you must have given them huckleberry

markyc
24th August 2007, 08:55 PM
Sorry to hear about the bother you have had with the Wrangler Fi, it looked fantastic :cool: What a result with the dealer, fantastic service and even though you were buting another car from them they were quite happy to refund all your money - Quality customer service :D ;)

Gismo
25th August 2007, 05:59 AM
Sorry to hear about your new motor Fi, but, i'm not so sure it would have been so easy without you buying another vehicle ;)
Besides, maybe they already have a customer for the jeep :rolleyes:

john
20th November 2009, 05:17 AM
And so yet another returned to the fold :thumbs up:

Sorry but I'm on nightshift with nothing to do:Whistle::lol:

Burple
20th November 2009, 03:26 PM

Mate at work has the 3.0D SRT one in black...

Nice! :thumbs up::cool: