PDA

View Full Version : Aerojonny

Ivano
20th August 2007, 07:24 PM
A little Induction Kit Perhaps Sir????....... Sounds great, just like when i had my JCW Open Cone Filter on my last Cooper Works.

Was working in the garage on my car at my parents when you passed by on Lodge Park

AeroJonny
21st August 2007, 01:43 AM
Full marks!!! I didn't boot it or anything on the way past ;) Actually, I keep driving like a moron so I can hear it. I saw yours on the drive at your parents' on Monday looking awfy shiny :D

NeuroBeaker
19th March 2008, 03:42 PM
Hello there AeroJonny,

What induction kit did you go for? Was it the John Cooper Motorsport Open Cone Air Kit (JCM510) as used on the MINI Challenge cars? :confused:

If so, would it be possible to hear it in person - as I'm also in Glasgow and am thinking of ordering one. ;)

All the best,
Andrew.

AeroJonny
20th March 2008, 06:23 AM
I've actually got a pipercross cone filter that was on the car. I've actually had it off the car for about a month, it's done less than 10k and i've only used the filter spray once. Make me an offer ;)

Ask Ivano and the_penguin_pusher how nice it sounds :D

NeuroBeaker
20th March 2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the offer of sale AeroJonny, but I've been convinced by various YouTube videos to purchase a John Cooper Motorsport (JCM510) Open Cone Air Induction Kit. :o

So, if at the start of April, you see an Indi Blue MINI ONE dashing about with a mightier-than-expected induction roar... it might be me. ;) :D

All the best,
Andrew.

Ivano
20th March 2008, 05:28 PM
I've actually got a pipercross cone filter that was on the car. I've actually had it off the car for about a month, it's done less than 10k and i've only used the filter spray once. Make me an offer ;)

Ask Ivano and the_penguin_pusher how nice it sounds :D

Indeed it does sound very good. I had the John Cooper Motorsport cone filter on my first Works Cooper and to tell you the truth the Pipercross version Aerojonny has sounds exactly the same... A Brilliant Sound!!!

I even think that it used to be Pipercross that supplied the JCM units albeit that they were branded 'Works'. I tried to get a John Cooper Works Cone filter a few months ago but could not find one anywhere...

I assume you have found somewhere that supplies them???

NeuroBeaker
20th March 2008, 05:35 PM
Sure did, Ivano. :)

Tony Franks (former Chief Engineer at John Cooper Works) is the official supplier for MINI Challenge:
MINI Challenge (http://www.minichallenge.co.uk/index.php?option=com_staticxt&staticfile=mini_motorsport_centre.php&header=mmc)
And you can also purchase these same challenge products for your personal car from his garage:
MINI Motorsport Centre (http://www.minimotorsportcentre.co.uk/)

I'm a privilege member of MINI2.com and a member of the British Mini Club - so Tony was able to offer me a 5% discount on the price of the JCM510 kit. :D I think that brought it down from about £150 something to about £140 something. :confused: He's currently waiting on a new batch of kits that are currently under manufacture but should get them in the post by the end of March.

So if you want that exact kit (it is more expensive than other open cone induction kits) then that's the only place I know of that you can get a new one - and I've been asking around for MONTHS on MINI2.com. :p

Anyway, hope that was of some help.

All the best,
Andrew.