PDA

View Full Version : my E30

Scottie
17th August 2007, 10:33 PM
for anyone interested.

Well my car has been in to get a complete check over on the mechanics.

A couple of things required I also decided to get the shocks changed and some other stuff.

Anyway today I teavelled down the M1 a bit to collect a super lovely set of BBS RS Alloy wheels for the car 15" brushed outer rim black powder coated inner totally refurb. I just had to share with someone as I am really really chuffed to have got these.

Next week I am back down to Romford for the interior.

Which just leaves the hood.

ianking
17th August 2007, 10:47 PM
Are we going to see pics of this beast or are you not wanting to show it until it is finished.

Craig
17th August 2007, 10:47 PM
and when do I get to see it? are you about this weekend? can I come over for a peek ? :D

Scottie
17th August 2007, 10:56 PM
still in Yorkshire not home til Sunday don't get the car back from the mechanic until Monday.

Ian not wanting to show the car until I get it the way I want with the comestic stuff. I wanted all the mechanics checked over first to make sure the car was as honest as it looked now that I know it is just got a few things to do.

1. wheels = done
2. seats = done

Still to do

3. hood (the hood is ok considering it is 19 years old no wear marks like the Mini)
4. M tech2 steering wheel
5. rust bubble on 1 arch inner lip and under drivers door lock. = visit to Burgoynes
6. stainless creations exhaust.
7.Angels eyes (maybe)
8.Car Mats
9. New chrome around windows and rubber
10. New seal on A Pillar cross bar where the hood meets.

ianking
17th August 2007, 11:04 PM
Its nice to get the old cars perfect before bringing them out but at the same time its nice to get out and have a shot.

I bought another classic mini a couple weeks back but havnt put any pics up yet as its not quite perfect at the moment, or in my eyes anyway. Its 90% there though.
2001 Y reg sportspack tahiti blue with silver roof, only 16k on clock. Have been out playing in it a wee bit though.

Gismo
17th August 2007, 11:17 PM
And there was me believing you that you weren't gonna spend any cash on it :rolleyes:

Scottie
17th August 2007, 11:26 PM
And there was me believing you that you weren't gonna spend any cash on it :rolleyes:

ha ha not on the engine that's for sure those 325 engines are pretty good you know just spending on stuff to make it look good for me.

your right Ian it's much more fun for us "doing" up the car had plenty of shots before we left for our short break it was the car I was driving with the hood down at all times.:cool:

illegalhunter
18th August 2007, 07:21 AM
Miss no mods lol, looking forward to the pics when all done

john
18th August 2007, 11:08 AM
Please Please Please Do NOT!! do No7 on your list and spoil a classic car:eek:

Just my opinion obviously :)

Scottie
18th August 2007, 02:54 PM
Please Please Please Do NOT!! do No7 on your list and spoil a classic car:eek:

Just my opinion obviously :)

I know a lot of the E30 guys say that but I kinda like them. I've bought a set anyway and if I don't like then I will put them on ebay.

Obviously I bought the depo ones so they should be good.

Julz
20th August 2007, 08:11 AM
We've still got our old E30 that I bought when I still had my 205 and it spent 80% of it's time at Ecosse! It's a 325 sport in a weird ford blue and you're right, the engines in those things are fab! Rob still hankers over an E30 M3, one day and only if I can get another evo first!!:rolleyes: :D

Scottie
20th August 2007, 08:17 AM
We've still got our old E30 that I bought when I still had my 205 and it spent 80% of it's time at Ecosse! It's a 325 sport in a weird ford blue and you're right, the engines in those things are fab! Rob still hankers over an E30 M3, one day and only if I can get another evo first!!:rolleyes: :D

what year is it. You could break it and make a few bob.

sh@z
20th August 2007, 12:49 PM
Agree with John, BIG BIG no no on the Angel Eyes, they will look so tacky on a E30 :(

Julz
20th August 2007, 12:50 PM
If I remember rightly, it's a 1990! We're planning on breaking it, eventually, as it's got a new steering column on it, pretty new alloys and a stainless steel exhaust! My brother has already nicked the stereo!!:eek: :rolleyes:

Scottie
20th August 2007, 01:14 PM
If I remember rightly, it's a 1990! We're planning on breaking it, eventually, as it's got a new steering column on it, pretty new alloys and a stainless steel exhaust! My brother has already nicked the stereo!!:eek: :rolleyes:

alloys did you say alloys what style:D

Julz
20th August 2007, 02:21 PM
They're multi spokes, dark grey and scuffed :rolleyes: , by Rob I may add! :p :D