PDA

View Full Version : Mini Cooper Racing - Sunday 16th September

Craig
17th August 2007, 11:15 AM
Right Folks, as there is no run on 16th September, why don't we go along and support our 2 NMS Racers, Mark Dryden and the very youthful John Barrie. :D :D :D

List of names going and we will work out meetings/convoys later.

Craig :cool:

**Update 6/9/7**

Reserved Parking area in the Paddock

Free Entry for MINI and Driver to Knockhill (Passengers to pay)

Parade Lap of Circuit at Lunchtime Break.

Meet and Greet with the Drivers in the Smarty Cars VIP Lodge at Seat Curves, also access to the Press Conference.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

1. Craig & Jude
2. MarkyC
3. AndyP & Lenore
4. Stephen & Allyson
5. Big Gordy & Ross
6. Vintageb3 & Kim
7. Low'n'loud
8. Tonyjac
9. Zimbo
10. Gill and Ewan
11. Elfman
12. CCM & Dad
13. MiniWilliam and His Dad
14. Bumble (Lynn) & Daz
16. Aerojonny
17. Crombers
18. William's Mum
19. Fergus & Liz
20. My Big Sis.
21. Fairy (Fay)
23. Andy & Lianne
24. T23GMG (Gillian) & Derek
25. Fiona and Allan (not in a MINI...:eek: )

AndyP & Lenore
17th August 2007, 11:18 AM
Can you put us down as a maybe, we are on holiday at the time so we will confirm later.:D

john
17th August 2007, 11:20 AM
I might pop along for this too!!:)

Craig
17th August 2007, 11:20 AM
Can you put us down as a maybe, we are on holiday at the time so we will confirm later.:D

Done - and you've made it a sticky, now that is service... ;)

Mini Ecosse
17th August 2007, 11:46 AM
Put us down for this please.
Stephen & Allyson

Big Gordy
17th August 2007, 11:49 AM
Stick Ross and I down for this :D

Craig
17th August 2007, 01:12 PM
All updated now....

John - I hope your going to be there, your one of the reasons we are going!!!! ;)

Big Gordy
17th August 2007, 01:44 PM
I wonder if Marty's going:rolleyes: I could take him his mountain bike:D I could always get John to deliver it for him;) :cool:

john
17th August 2007, 01:45 PM
I wonder if Marty's going:rolleyes: I could take him his mountain bike:D I could always get John to deliver it for him;) :cool:

I could take him there and he could cycle home:D

vintageb3
17th August 2007, 05:00 PM

Is there any point Mr Spinny?:eek: :D

I have to be along that day too...

mark

Burple
17th August 2007, 09:42 PM

well if you don't fancy it, just drop off your keys here in the morning ;);):D:D:D

Put me down too please, gonna try to get to this one, as the last one was a blast! :D

markyc
17th August 2007, 11:18 PM
And remember the hats, gloves, balaclavas, thermal jackets, pocket hand warmers etc etc etc etc etc :eek: :eek: You never can tell, it might be cold !!!! :D ;)

Scottie
17th August 2007, 11:29 PM
And remember the hats, gloves, balaclavas, thermal jackets, pocket hand warmers etc etc etc etc etc :eek: :eek: You never can tell, it might be cold !!!! :D ;)

you forgot water bottle for under your jumper.;)

AndyP & Lenore
18th August 2007, 12:07 AM
you forgot water bottle for under your jumper.;)

I'm just bringing Lenore, she'll keep me warm.;) :p

tonyjac
19th August 2007, 12:12 AM
aye put me down for this tae;)

Craig
19th August 2007, 12:13 AM
Sorted Tony...:cool:

zimbo
19th August 2007, 11:33 AM
Craig can you put me down as a maybe for this please. Depends on how my house re-decorating is going at that time... :rolleyes:

Craig
19th August 2007, 11:46 AM
Craig can you put me down as a maybe for this please. Depends on how my house re-decorating is going at that time... :rolleyes:

forget about the paint brush for 1 day...:rolleyes: ;) :D

gill
19th August 2007, 08:00 PM
Yeh, think we'll be up for this.

Put oor names doon :D :D :D

ELFMAN
19th August 2007, 08:51 PM
Craig, could you put me down for this one - I'm missing loads of others due to being ill (Perthshire), holidays (Borders) God-daughters Dance Show (Mini Meats)...... so barring acts of God, or a relapse of the dreaded lurgy, I'll be there!!!

I noticed there's a price for 'advanced' tickets on the Knockhill Website. If we can get enough bods, is it worth a try for an 'NMS Group Discount' from the circuit - I remember once they even had seperate parking for MINIS...... what do you think?

Craig
19th August 2007, 09:36 PM
Craig, could you put me down for this one - I'm missing loads of others due to being ill (Perthshire), holidays (Borders) God-daughters Dance Show (Mini Meats)...... so barring acts of God, or a relapse of the dreaded lurgy, I'll be there!!!

I noticed there's a price for 'advanced' tickets on the Knockhill Website. If we can get enough bods, is it worth a try for an 'NMS Group Discount' from the circuit - I remember once they even had seperate parking for MINIS...... what do you think?

some of our friendly dealer sponsors have had tickets available for previous races and I wanted to wait and see if they were willing to "sponsor" some tickets for us...;)

If not, then I am willing to see if we can bulk purchase and if we get in early enough, we can all park together... :D :D

weefossy
20th August 2007, 08:39 PM
Sorry guys, we will have to miss as we will be on the Nile.

ELFMAN
20th August 2007, 10:05 PM
Watch out for the crocodiles Malcolm!

vintageb3
20th August 2007, 10:24 PM
Watch out for the crocodiles Malcolm!

There are no crocodiles on the Nile....the sharks got them all...:eek:

mark

mini saltire
22nd August 2007, 08:21 PM
some of our friendly dealer sponsors have had tickets available for previous races and I wanted to wait and see if they were willing to "sponsor" some tickets for us...;)

If not, then I am willing to see if we can bulk purchase and if we get in early enough, we can all park together... :D :D

I will ask John Clark Tayside as they are my sponsers to see if I can get some free passes.

I will also ask the SMRC to see if you guys could mabey get a lap or 2 at lunch time to show off your gleam machines. I noticed they did this with kit car club last time.... it is worth an ask!!

Also if you need some leverage from your lady friends the fact that Nick Nairn the celebrity chef is in the celebrity Mini Race Car this time should swing it for you!!:cool: ;) :cool:

Looking forward to seeing you.... remember I need at least 2 podiums to keep my championship alive so I'll not be holding back!!;) :D

Colin
22nd August 2007, 09:47 PM
I'm up for this, put me down please Craig. :D

Craig
22nd August 2007, 10:59 PM
I will ask John Clark Tayside as they are my sponsers to see if I can get some free passes.

I will also ask the SMRC to see if you guys could mabey get a lap or 2 at lunch time to show off your gleam machines. I noticed they did this with kit car club last time.... it is worth an ask!!

Also if you need some leverage from your lady friends the fact that Nick Nairn the celebrity chef is in the celebrity Mini Race Car this time should swing it for you!!:cool: ;) :cool:

Looking forward to seeing you.... remember I need at least 2 podiums to keep my championship alive so I'll not be holding back!!;) :D

Thanks Mark, much appreciated.

MINI William
26th August 2007, 08:23 PM
Craig if there is still room for two more cars me and my dad will come along.thanks William

Craig
26th August 2007, 09:03 PM
Craig if there is still room for two more cars me and my dad will come along.thanks William

that's you added William. :)

Bumble
26th August 2007, 10:32 PM
Craig - Can you put Daz and I on the list too please ...

Craig
27th August 2007, 07:33 AM
Craig - Can you put Daz and I on the list too please ...

That's you added - looks like this is going to be a well attended day out at the racing.. :D :D

stoney
27th August 2007, 08:01 AM
me and christine as wel please big man :D :D :D

Colin
28th August 2007, 09:35 PM
My Dad will probably come along too. :)

AndyP & Lenore
28th August 2007, 10:45 PM
My Dad will probably come along too. :)

Are you bringing the kit-car again?

Aw go on, go on, go on, go on, go on.:D

A.:D

Neil and Lorna
29th August 2007, 06:52 PM
Craig can you put me down as a maybe for just now.:)

Will need to make sure there's no staffing problems nearer the time.:confused:

Cheers very muchly.:D

Neil.:) :)

Craig
29th August 2007, 08:53 PM
Craig can you put me down as a maybe for just now.:)

Will need to make sure there's no staffing problems nearer the time.:confused:

Cheers very muchly.:D

Neil.:) :)

No problem Neil, take it is just you as you said "Me". ta :)

Colin
29th August 2007, 08:54 PM
Are you bringing the kit-car again?

Aw go on, go on, go on, go on, go on.:D

Hmmmm maybe if the weather's OK. ;)

MINI William
30th August 2007, 01:23 PM
its knockhill when is the weather ever good ??lol:D

Colin
30th August 2007, 01:48 PM
its knockhill when is the weather ever good ??lol:D

Yeah good point, that'll be a no then. :D

Crombers
3rd September 2007, 01:30 PM
& me too chief :cool: ;)

ELFMAN
3rd September 2007, 11:52 PM
Back from me hols now. Looking forward to seeing everybody again (proves I'm mad..).

Mark - Possibility of a lap or two of our very own Knockhill would be the icing on the cake...... or in my case, probably the S in the barrier. Even if we don't get on the track, it'll still be a good day.

Craig
6th September 2007, 06:21 PM
Well, I have some FANTASTIC news for all NMS Members...:D :D

Mark Dryden has been speaking with the SMRC, SmartyCars.com (who sponsor the Mini Cooper Racing) and Knockhill and he has secured the undernoted.

A reserved parking area within Paddock 2 just for us. :D (this is the gravel part of the lower paddock overlooking the hairpin)

Free Entry to Knockhill for MINI and Driver - all passengers will have to pay the normal entrance fee on the gate (£12).

A parade lap round the circuit at the Lunchtime break for all of us (with a Pace Car at the front :cool: )

This is a tremendous opportunity to show off our cars and "community" and to support our NMS MINI Racers, Mark Dryden and John Barrie. Mark may even talk you into spending your parents inheritence on joining the racing. :D

If you would like to come along, just let me know and I'll add you to the list, the more the merrier. :cool:

Roll on the 16th. :)

MINI William
6th September 2007, 07:14 PM
well done marky:D .craig my mum now wants to bring her car :D

mini saltire
6th September 2007, 09:10 PM
Just tell as many Mini owners as possible folks,it would be great to get a good response to this gesture from Knockhill.:D :D

Scottie
6th September 2007, 09:29 PM
dam. Well that's us ruled out then.

Will have to go one our own.:( :(

Big Gordy
6th September 2007, 10:12 PM
Woooohooo......result:D Well done lad:cool:

vintageb3
6th September 2007, 10:23 PM
Well done guys!

Isn't the pace car a Mini too?

mark

Craig
6th September 2007, 10:24 PM
dam. Well that's us ruled out then.

Will have to go one our own.:( :(

rent a MINI for the day... :D

Craig
6th September 2007, 10:24 PM
well done marky:D .craig my mum now wants to bring her car :D

No worries William, I'll add her to the list..:)

Scottie
6th September 2007, 10:25 PM
rent a MINI for the day... :D

nut.:D

I'll just be one of the crowd.;) watching you guys.

Craig
Well done guys!

Isn't the pace car a Mini too?

mark

can't remember from the last time I was there...:o :confused: ;)

vintageb3
Can we get as many people with video camera's to video this?

Like from the car's as well?

We could then stick a wee video up on the site?

Only a thought...

mark

Scottie
6th September 2007, 10:26 PM

I can was April:D

vintageb3
6th September 2007, 10:27 PM

There was a Knockhill Mini on the track at the tests on April 8 this year....and I believe it was the head marshall.

hmmm...

mark

vintageb3
6th September 2007, 10:29 PM
nut.:D

Buy a Mini for a day then....you have owned cars for shorter periods of time haven't you?:eek: :D

mark

Craig
6th September 2007, 10:29 PM
Nearly forgot, Mark also says that we have been invited to the Smarty Cars VIP Lodge (Just behind Seat Curves, formally Duffus Dip) for a Driver Meet and Greet and also to see the Press Conference.. :D :D

This should give us all a bigger "insider" view into the racing and the drivers. :cool:

Should be a cracking day out and as Mark says, it would be nice to turn up with a lot of cars. The paddock area we have been given will fit a lot of cars, so don't be shy....;) :cool:

Scottie
6th September 2007, 10:34 PM
Buy a Mini for a day then....you have owned cars for shorter periods of time haven't you?:eek: :D

mark

nut.:D.................

Colin
6th September 2007, 10:48 PM
Well done Mr Dryden :D Really looking forward to this now.

Gismo
7th September 2007, 05:48 AM
I'll still be away working :eek: have a great day folks :)

mini saltire
7th September 2007, 09:55 AM
This offer is open to all Minis not just BMW variant. Just thought I would mention it incase anyone wasn't sure.:D

Bumble
7th September 2007, 06:11 PM
Wow ... sounds fab - really looking forward to the day!
Lynn

tonyjac
8th September 2007, 09:12 AM
canny wait people ;) :D

FergusM
8th September 2007, 09:41 AM
Can you put me down as well... will be my first outing :)

Ooo should have said it will be me and Liz.

Fergus.

Craig
8th September 2007, 10:30 AM
Can you put me down as well... will be my first outing :)

Ooo should have said it will be me and Liz.

Fergus.

Thats you (and Liz) added, would be good to meet another Dark Silver R56 owner (and exchange views.. ;) )

MINI William
8th September 2007, 06:19 PM
and by views do you mean problems lol:D

FergusM
8th September 2007, 07:34 PM
Well only had a couple of squeak from dash....

....and of course the "characteristic" of rushing water

... but hey, I still love it...

Craig
8th September 2007, 09:35 PM
Ok Folks, want to sort out times etc..

Myself and MarkyC will be going up to Knockhill early to get our parking sorted (so nobody else parks in it) and also to setup the banner etc. :cool:

I would suggest people arrive at Knockhill for 10.00hrs as the racing starts at 11:00hrs thus giving time to chat, see the cars, etc etc. :)

As I will be going up early If there is going to be a convoy up, there will have to be another organiser. ;)

Any Questions ?

vintageb3
8th September 2007, 09:41 PM
We will be there close to 10.00am...

mark

AndyP & Lenore
8th September 2007, 10:05 PM
We should be there very close to 10AM. We'll be going up the Forth Bridge though we won't be in any convoy. And I'll let you know if we will be + an extra MINI.;)

Fairy
8th September 2007, 11:26 PM
Hi Guys,:D

Please could you put me down as a maybe.
Will be there as long as Steven is not offshore but wont know for sure until nearer the time. Will let you know...

Thanks,
Fay :D

tonyjac
9th September 2007, 12:56 AM
hi euan and rob us lanarkshire boys can meet in the usual place if you want?:D

ELFMAN
9th September 2007, 07:44 PM
Great news! BIG thanks to Mark D. and all concerned at Knockhill. Last time I was there I shook Sir Jackie Stewart's hand, now I get follow in his tyretracks - excellent! Great opportunity to promote NMS.

Tony - meet at Hamilton Services at 8.30am? That should give us time to get to the track for 10.00am. What do you reckon?

markyc
9th September 2007, 08:59 PM
Mr D we have the Nicols coming along as well :D Can you stick Jason, Lesley and Kerr down please. Ta muchness

Huge thanks as well to Mark D for organising the entry, track lap etc etc. Fantastic stuff indeed and we will defo be in good voice for both Mark and John who will no doubt both amaze us with their superb driving skills :D :D ;)

ajamesj
9th September 2007, 09:11 PM
Craig , can u add me and Lianne Iam off that Sunday , first in along time

zimbo
9th September 2007, 10:05 PM
Craig can you change me to a definate yes... :D

Craig
9th September 2007, 10:23 PM
all changes made and update on first post. Good to see the numbers increasing, would be good to see a good few MINI's parked up in the paddock and being "shown" on the circuit.. :D

Scottie
9th September 2007, 10:32 PM
still need to go some some to beat the TVR club record of 551 cars recently on Silverstone.:eek: :eek:

I was hoping to come along and support you guys but something has come up that I can't get out of. Namely taking the caravan to Crail for my mother to holiday in.

tonyjac
9th September 2007, 11:09 PM
hi euan thats sounds good to me mate:) what about you rob?

T23 GMG
10th September 2007, 02:20 PM
Craig, can you add my name and Derek to the list.

Cheers! :)

Gillian.

Craig
10th September 2007, 04:51 PM
still need to go some some to beat the TVR club record of 551 cars recently on Silverstone.:eek: :eek:

I was hoping to come along and support you guys but something has come up that I can't get out of. Namely taking the caravan to Crail for my mother to holiday in.

Whatever!!!! you have just moved onto your new BMW mates, you never turn up to any of the NMS events now.. :( :(

Crail is only 20 minutes up the road, come down after you have set it up!! ;)

Craig
10th September 2007, 04:51 PM
Craig, can you add my name and Derek to the list.

Cheers! :)

Gillian.

That's you added - be good to meet another new member.. :) :D

stoney
10th September 2007, 04:52 PM
hi euan thats sounds good to me mate:) what about you rob?

fine by me will we not meet the stirling lot any way :D

Craig
10th September 2007, 05:08 PM
Remember Rob that I will be up at Knockhill early to make sure nobody nicks our parking spaces, so if nobody else organises a convoy, then I would expect most people to make there own way up.

Any volunteers to lead a convoy up to Knockhill from the Central/Stirling Area ?;)

mini saltire
10th September 2007, 07:01 PM
We should be there very close to 10AM. We'll be going up the Forth Bridge though we won't be in any convoy. And I'll let you know if we will be + an extra MINI.;)

Just a note... I think the Forth Bridge Works are on:mad: :mad: so please allow enough time to get there. I hope they wont be too bad at that time in the morning. There is also a sneeky way back over the bridge through Rosyth which saves a definate 40mins!! Ask me for details when you are up.

Mark

AndyP & Lenore
10th September 2007, 08:47 PM
Cheers mark.

we had anticipated a delay and plan to leave in plenty time to get there for 10am. will deffo grab you to see this q dodging route for the way back. ;)

ajamesj
10th September 2007, 09:02 PM
Anyone want to convoy from Dundee I will be leaving Arbroath about 8am so Dundee for 8.20 add names if your interested

Andy

mini saltire
13th September 2007, 01:09 PM
Here is a picture of the circuit which should help everyone. You will be parking between Paddock 2 and the circuit if you have your Mini with you. If not, I'm afraid its the general car park. Have a great day and please drop by to say hi on the day!!

Mark

http://www.knockhill.com/CMS/uploads/Image/circuitmap.jpg

FergusM
13th September 2007, 01:12 PM
On a side note...hate how they've changed the corners names, still used to the old ones...

mini saltire
13th September 2007, 04:53 PM
On a side note...hate how they've changed the corners names, still used to the old ones...

You are quite right. No more Duffes Dip, MacKintyres, Clarks. I've got to say, when they renamed Clarks all hell broke out. A lot of traditionalist thought that changing the corner named after Scotland's finest racer was an outrage. I can see their point but I can also see KH's side as they have to make money.... the route of all evil!!:(

Neil and Lorna
13th September 2007, 05:07 PM
Sorry Craig not going to make it on Sunday.:mad:

Neil.

Craig
13th September 2007, 05:30 PM
Sorry Craig not going to make it on Sunday.:mad:

Neil.

that's a shame Neil

see you another time. :)

Craig
13th September 2007, 05:33 PM
I see I have been overwhelmed with volunteers to lead a convoy up to Knockhill.. :rolleyes:

Any of the Hamilton crew fancy a small detour to Stirling to pick up some folk and lead the convoy up to Knockhill? (Stoney, Tony ?)

Would be very grateful if you could.. :)

AeroJonny
13th September 2007, 08:33 PM
Can you add me in please Craig. Sorry it's a little last minute!

Scottie
13th September 2007, 09:01 PM
well we are now going as Mum has decided not to go away this weekend:D :D if anyone wants to follow me through from Stirling to Knockhill then I don't have a problem with that but I will not be in a Mini mind.:D So don't know if you would be able to keep up with me.:p

Big Gordy
13th September 2007, 09:08 PM
I see I have been overwhelmed with volunteers to lead a convoy up to Knockhill..

What time are we trying to get there for....?
I could lead them from Kincardine Bridge up to the track if thats any use:cool:
I was planning to get there for about 9am which would mean leaving Kincardine about 8.30am.
What time is the drivers Meet/Greet/Press Conference thingy...??

Scottie
13th September 2007, 09:10 PM
I was planning to get there for about 9am which would mean leaving Kincardine about 8.30am.
What time is the drivers briefing..??

YIKES that early .:eek:

Scottie
13th September 2007, 09:11 PM
Hey Craig - Markyc - Andyp can me and Allan get a run round the track in your car when you do the convoy thing.:o :o

Big Gordy
13th September 2007, 09:12 PM
YIKES that early .:eek:
I don't know when the Driver Meet/Greet/Conference is so we could make it later:rolleyes:

Craig
13th September 2007, 09:44 PM
I don't know when the Driver Meet/Greet/Conference is so we could make it later:rolleyes:

I don't have that info as yet Gordy, will email/call Mark tomorrow and get an update... ;) (or he might read this and tell us):D

Craig
13th September 2007, 09:45 PM
Hey Craig - Markyc - Andyp can me and Allan get a run round the track in your car when you do the convoy thing.:o :o

Mrs D says, you can sit in the back as she will be in the co-pilot seat... :D

ajamesj
13th September 2007, 09:46 PM
I will be leaving from Dundee 8.20am anyone want to join me from there.

Andy

Craig
13th September 2007, 09:47 PM

Asking folk to be there for 10am as the racing starts at 11. To be honest, I don't mind when folk arrive (other than after 08:30hrs) I just didn't want folk to get bored etc before the action starts.. :D

Thanks for the offer Gordy, we shall see what the people say. :cool:

Scottie
13th September 2007, 09:52 PM

good yin. :D extra weight might slow you down a bit mind;) ;)

just need to find a front seat for Allan.:D

Craig
13th September 2007, 09:53 PM
good yin. :D extra weight might slow you down a bit mind;) ;)

just need to find a front seat for Allan.:D

Marky should be able to oblige, I would think that would not be a problem, or he could go round with my Big Sis.. :D

AndyP & Lenore
13th September 2007, 11:41 PM

Fiona, Mrs P. Says the same. Only she is saying it might be ME in the co-pilot's seat. i dont frikking think so!!;)

Scottie
13th September 2007, 11:54 PM
Fiona, Mrs P. Says the same. Only she is saying it might be ME in the co-pilot's seat. i dont frikking think so!!;)

oh right sure thing under thumb comes to mind;) :p :p

mini saltire
14th September 2007, 10:38 AM
I don't have that info as yet Gordy, will email/call Mark tomorrow and get an update... ;) (or he might read this and tell us):D

Unfortunatley the plan to get us down to the lodge has had to be shelved.The Lodge only holds around 30 people so it would be a real squash.
I have spoken to Craig and told him that after each race the top 3 drivers will come down to the reserved parking area and there will be a Q&A session there.... hopefully with the drivers still speaking to each other.:D

vintageb3
14th September 2007, 10:59 AM
I have spoken to Craig and told him that after each race the top 3 drivers will come down to the reserved parking area and there will be a Q&A session there....

Oh that's a shame mate...I was looking forward to chatting with you:( :eek: :D

mark

mini saltire
14th September 2007, 11:00 AM
TIMETABLE FOR THE RACING IS AS FOLLOWS:

QUALIFYING: 8:45AM (8 MINS)

RACE 1: 11AM (APPROX)

LUNCH TIME TRACK PARADE: 1PM

RACE 2: 2:40PM (APPROX)

PLEASE DON'T HOLD ME TO THESE TIMES AS THINGS CAN CHANGE AND USUALLY DO!!:eek:

Craig
14th September 2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the call and the info Mark. Much appreciated. :)

Just a reminder to anyone, if you arrive at the track and the Marshalls on the gate give you any problem with the car and driver getting in Free, I will be there to "sort it" :D

See you all on Sunday Morning.. ;)

Crombers
14th September 2007, 12:59 PM

You have mail sir, gimme a call & I'll be at Kincardine for 8.30 :)

stoney
14th September 2007, 03:35 PM
hi guys reall sorry but going 2 have 2 pull out of this one as i have 2 work on sunday now hope u have a good day and good luck 2 mark and jhon

ELFMAN
14th September 2007, 03:57 PM
Nae Luck Rob - at least this time you don't have to drive back up from Oxford!!! Tony - see you @ Hamilton @ 8.30am. Craig - Re. Stirling Convoy - We cut off for Kincardine Bridge before Stirling Services, so we'll just see everybody up there. Unless anyone has a Baldrick Style 'Cunning Plan'. Hope the weather's OK, but I wouldn't bet on it.

By the way, are we allowed to give it a SMALL amount of 'welly' coming out the Hairpin before we turn off the circuit, or will we get into trouble? Seems a shame not to.... oh go on .... go on... G'WAN G'WAN G'WAN G'WAN!!!

Craig
14th September 2007, 05:03 PM
OK folks, looks like Big Gordy is number 1 for a convoy. He is leaving Kincardine Bridge @ 08:30hrs. If that is too early for you, then I suggest that you just make your own way there.. :D

anyone joining him, please let him know (reply here or pm him.) That Ok with you Gordy ?

Elfman, I'll ask for you about the "giving it some" out of the hairpin, when I go to race control.. :cool:

Craig
14th September 2007, 05:05 PM
hi guys reall sorry but going 2 have 2 pull out of this one as i have 2 work on sunday now hope u have a good day and good luck 2 mark and jhon

sorry to hear that Rob, I am working tomorrow and was due to be working on Sunday but my boss managed to swing a day off for me.. :)

See you another time.

ajamesj
14th September 2007, 08:55 PM
It looks like I am making my way from Dundee myself no takers for a convoy from there will be in Dundee for 8.30am approx. Or is anyone leaving later/earlier than this?????

Andy

tonyjac
15th September 2007, 12:38 AM
sorry to hear that rob:( euan thats no bother see you at the services at 8.30am

Gismo
15th September 2007, 03:03 AM
Have a nice one folks :rolleyes: not that i'm jealous or anything :p

FergusM
15th September 2007, 07:32 AM
Tony - meet at Hamilton Services at 8.30am? That should give us time to get to the track for 10.00am. What do you reckon?

I've managed to change arrangements so will also be at the hamilton services for 8:30

tonyjac
15th September 2007, 10:17 AM
see you then fergus:)

MINI William
15th September 2007, 03:49 PM
craig take it you know its two MINI's coming from the harper household yeh?:D

Craig
15th September 2007, 04:10 PM
craig take it you know its two MINI's coming from the harper household yeh?:D

yes young man, not a problemo.. :D

MINI William
15th September 2007, 06:44 PM
top man.also guys and gals ive been told that the forth road bridge is not closed tomorrow due to winds:D

mini saltire
15th September 2007, 06:52 PM
top man.also guys and gals ive been told that the forth road bridge is not closed tomorrow due to winds:D

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Crossed it today in 1min 15secs!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thats not a challenge... just a statment....;)

mini saltire
15th September 2007, 06:54 PM
Testing went well today with quite a few Minis out there. I managed a 1:03:88 which is not far off my lap record. It looks like I was a good 4 tenths quickest. But its no good being quick in testing, it is tomorrow that counts!!

See you all bright an early. I'll be the one looking hungry but unable to eat!!

Craig
15th September 2007, 07:10 PM
Well Done Mark. not eating, is that a weight thing, or just a nerves thing ? :D

ELFMAN
15th September 2007, 08:09 PM
See you @ Hamilton Tony & Fergus. Looks like we'll be on full 'Wets' if the forecast's anything to go by......

Best of luck for tomorrow Mark - we'll all be shouting for you. No pressure........

vintageb3
15th September 2007, 08:38 PM
Well Done Mark. not eating, is that a weight thing, or just a nerves thing ? :D

Its called self control Craig...unlike you...I have plenty of it...its the reason I'm so lithe:eek:

mark

Crombers
15th September 2007, 09:02 PM
See you @ Hamilton Tony & Fergus. Looks like we'll be on full 'Wets' if the forecast's anything to go by......

Best of luck for tomorrow Mark - we'll all be shouting for you. No pressure........

I,m meeting Big Gordy at 9am at the filling station on the south side of the Kincardine Bridge if you wanna meet up en route. I'll PM my mobile number & you can let me know if suits :)

Scottie
15th September 2007, 09:08 PM
I will be along later just in time for the 11 O'clock race. :D

ajamesj
15th September 2007, 09:33 PM
We are now leaving Dundee at 9am from Tesco car park on the Kingsway if anyone whats to meet us there you are welcome too. Alistair(Zimbo) will be there aswell

Andy

ELFMAN
15th September 2007, 11:16 PM
Crombers - sent Text to your mobile - poss meet you at Kincardine then, if you don't mind waiting for us.

Fairy
15th September 2007, 11:17 PM
Hiya Guys

Sorry but gonna have to give this one a miss tomorrow.
Hope you all have a great day...Cant wait to see the photos :)

Craig
16th September 2007, 07:26 AM
well, it's chuckin' it down, hope you guys have good wet weather tyres...! :D

bring on the racing....:D :D :D

See you soon. :cool:

gill
16th September 2007, 04:53 PM
Sorry we didn't make it today ... nasty weather too!!!

Hope it was a 'guid days racing' ..... :D

ELFMAN
16th September 2007, 05:19 PM
Great Day folks! BIG thanks to Craig, Mark and Knockhill for all the 'behind the scenes' work - it was worth it. Haven't enjoyed the wet so much since my 'Kylie, Bjork and the Jacuzzi' dream. Didn't get a chance to say cheerio, but I was suffering from rising (and falling) damp..........

Nice to meet the new people (- remember to wave Gillian!). I'll see everybody the next time I see everybody. Hope you all got home safe and dry-ish.

Scottie
16th September 2007, 05:33 PM
We both really enjoyed the day no matter the weather. Thanks to Mark and Craigs sister for allowing us to be passengers for the track run. Only wished it was 10 Laps and not 2.

Nice to see Mr John Barrie the Mini racing driver and then the Tow truck drvier;)

LnL hope your car is not to much in the huff with you.:rolleyes:

Thought race 1 for the Minis was the best

Craig
16th September 2007, 05:44 PM
What a great day out, if a tad wet.. ;)

I would firstly like to say thanks VERY much to Mark Dryden and all the Staff at Knockhill for all they did for us. I for one think they all deserve a round of applause..:D

Highlights of the day...

Marky nearly weeing his pants on the run up to Knockhill because of the greasy roads and his crap yokos!! :p

The 700BHP Escort Cosworth at fully power up the main straight - AWESOME!

John and Mark showboating round the Hairpin on the 2nd race for the Wet NMS Fans.. :cool:

Gordon Shedden (Current BTCC Driver) leading us round the circuit for our parade laps of Knockhill and for Gillian Shedden arranging the laps with Race Control. :D

Wee man Low'n'loud trying to dig to Australia with his car... :eek: ;)

Hope to see some good photos, and maybe even the NMS banner... :D

ELFMAN
16th September 2007, 06:01 PM
Craig - didn't realise it was Gordon Shedden himself acting as our 'Pace Car' - nothing but the best for NMS! From what I've seen of his talents in the BTCC , I'm surprised he didn't lap us..... Extra thanks due to Mr & Mrs S. Spoiled rotten we are.

By the way, I've heard there's a new attraction at Knockhill - you pay a tenner, get a 'Treasure Map' and have to find the BURIED MINIS in the car park............

AndyP & Lenore
16th September 2007, 06:36 PM
Cracking day folks. Many thanks to craig and mark dryden for organising the day and the extra bits on top.

sorry ours was a bit of a fleeting visit, missing the morning and jetting off after the afternoon race.

For our first ever trip to knockhill it was a tad surreal.... We arrived just in time to join the queue for the club lap. Didnt even get out the car and followed the line out onto the knockhill track, then parked up to say hi to everyone. Wierd. But fun.

took loads of photo's but as i'm away in the caravan just now cant post them. Will have them up next week.

mini saltire
16th September 2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks to Craig for organising everyone, to what I think, was a really well supported day. Despite the terrible weather it was great to see such a high number of Minis.

On the racing front.... enough said!! My car is as sore as me.:eek: :mad: :eek:

I hope you enjoyed the sideways action at the hairpin. lol

Mark

Bumble
16th September 2007, 07:11 PM
Just want to add that I had a fab day (still trying to warm up tho), thanks to our organisers Mark and Craig. Busy downloading pics from Daz's camera.

Looking forward to the next one - hopefully with sunshine!

Lynn

Mini Ecosse
16th September 2007, 07:19 PM
What a superb day, many thanks to all involved in making the arrangements.

Photies to follow.

Stephen

markyc
16th September 2007, 07:23 PM
Superb day - stuff the weather after all it's only rain and it makes for some really interesting racing :eek: :eek: :eek: (sorry guys)

Thought Mark D and John did very well considering the track conditions and Mark getting 'up close' with another Mini on the last race !!!! It certainly looks a sore one :(

Hats off to Craigy boy, Mark D and Knockhill for making today so worthwhile, the couple of laps of the circuit were fantastic, gives you a real feel for what the guys have to cope with - can't believe the turn/hill on the Real Radio hairpin - it doesn't look half as steep when your looking down from the spectator area!!!!!

Great turnout for NMS and it was lovely to meet some new faces. Thought Mark and John 'powering round' the hairpin on the last race was great fun :D :D

Did have a 'wee snigger' to myself when LnL decided to park where he did and those fine chaps rushing to his aid getting their feet a wee bit mucky - absolute quality :D :D ;)

Can't wait for the next round :)

ajamesj
16th September 2007, 07:26 PM
Excellent day just drying out and waiting for the rain to go off so I can get my car washed again:) . I think i got sight of testing for the new Mini 4x4 pics to follow it come to a sticky end

tonyjac
16th September 2007, 07:29 PM
a big thanks craig superb day out once again i really enjoyed the 2 laps round the track:D this was probably the last run of the year for me:eek: :confused:,and what a corker it was too.see you all soon:D ps congrats to L+L euan for winning the show and slide comp:D :D

vintageb3
16th September 2007, 07:45 PM
Great day out!

Thanks to Craig, Mark C, Mark D...and anyone else called Mark too;)

Biggest thanks goes out to our own Country Joe (Ewan) for showing us the dangers of parking next to a field drain. I think you took it too far mind you...but we believe you now that you know the lie of the land:eek: :rolleyes:

I hope you see the funny side...and I did feel for you mate!

Hope the car is OK!!!!...and your pride too is intact.

Mark D....that was some thump you got in the second race..hope you and your car are OK?

Sorry I didn't stick around after the race...I think I have trenchfoot:eek:

mark

vintageb3
16th September 2007, 07:48 PM
P.S. The run round the track was an eye opener...

I thought you racing chappies were mental....but now I know this for a fact!!!!:eek:

Would like another run round to do the same thing in the dry though ;)

mark

Mini Ecosse
16th September 2007, 08:16 PM
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Knockhill%20Sept%2007/IMG_5251.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Knockhill%20Sept%2007/IMG_5250.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Knockhill%20Sept%2007/IMG_5195.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Knockhill%20Sept%2007/IMG_5193.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Knockhill%20Sept%2007/IMG_5159.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Knockhill%20Sept%2007/IMG_5154.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Knockhill%20Sept%2007/IMG_5152.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Knockhill%20Sept%2007/IMG_5145.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Knockhill%20Sept%2007/IMG_5137.jpg

more to follow

Stephen

Colin
16th September 2007, 08:33 PM
Wet very Wet.:eek:

Great day, big thanks to all the folks who were involved in organising it.

Racing in the wet is always more interesting. :D The 2 laps round the track were great fun, i didn't want to stop.

Mini Ecosse
16th September 2007, 08:34 PM
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Knockhill%20Sept%2007/IMG_5448.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Knockhill%20Sept%2007/IMG_5410.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Knockhill%20Sept%2007/IMG_5396.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Knockhill%20Sept%2007/IMG_5379.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Knockhill%20Sept%2007/IMG_5369.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Knockhill%20Sept%2007/IMG_5334.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Knockhill%20Sept%2007/IMG_5315.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Knockhill%20Sept%2007/IMG_5283.jpg

zimbo
16th September 2007, 09:01 PM
Well what can you say!!! :D Excellent day out despite the weather...:mad: Allsorts of entertainment as well, from great racing to digging cars out of the mud to driving our own cars on the circuit for those two very VERY short laps :(

Only just starting to feel dryish now...

Thanks very much to Craigey boy and Mark D and everyone else behind the scenes for an amazing day. :D

ELFMAN
16th September 2007, 09:02 PM
Nice photos Mr L!

smiler
16th September 2007, 09:35 PM
Just wanted to say thanks very much to everyone involved in organising the day. It was a great day, even although it was chucking it down!

Wasn't planning to do the lap (which turned into 2 laps) around the track, but glad I did. Thanks for co-piloting Fiona:D .

Lesley.

Need to change my footer......;)

FergusM
16th September 2007, 10:19 PM
Just wanted to say it was an excellent, if exceedingly wet days out. Really good to see a few of the faces behind the profile names..

Cheers for organising a very interesting intro to mini life..

vintageb3
16th September 2007, 10:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8A3IbGBT8g

Burple
17th September 2007, 11:09 AM
Another er... 'fun' day then! :D
Knockhill weather at it's best, scenic parking :o, and some good racing! What more could you want? A couple of laps on the track? ace! It was great to be out on the track again! (Faster please next time!!!!!). Big thanks to Mark and his crew, and Craig, for organising that for us, and more to John, Mark and Mr Lawson for getting me out of my 'Hang on Lads, I've got a great idea...' parking :D No harm done, and the rest of the car matched the wheels by the time I got home anyway! :D:D

(I was just preparing for the Manky Thrash <cof> ;):D)

Edit: Oh yeah.. crackin' pics! ;):D:D

Burple
17th September 2007, 11:14 AM
Great day out!

Thanks to Craig, Mark C, Mark D...and anyone else called Mark too;)

Biggest thanks goes out to our own Country Joe (Ewan) for showing us the dangers of parking next to a field drain. I think you took it too far mind you...but we believe you now that you know the lie of the land:eek: :rolleyes:

I hope you see the funny side...and I did feel for you mate!

Hope the car is OK!!!!...and your pride too is intact.

mark

I couldn't help but laugh, sh*t happens! :D Car's fine, all the water on the track cleaned most of the muck off ;):D and the wheels will be coming off for the winter in a couple of months, so they'll get a proper clean then :cool:

Glad these tow hooks are so easy to put in! :o:D

N12 JLK
17th September 2007, 11:14 AM
really sorry we missed the day but unfortunatly we had a wee roof leak I had to find and fix:( this house will kill me , I seem to fix one thing and another problem turns up. Anyone want to buy a house:D

T23 GMG
17th September 2007, 12:44 PM
We had a great day. The couple of laps we did were amazing. Would've been good to do some more....but now I'm just being greedy :D

Will definitely wave Elfman!!!!!!!

Ivano
17th September 2007, 01:29 PM
Looks like a great day.... apart from the weather...

Sorry i missed this one but hopefully it happens again next Season and i will defo be there.... It's about time i got myself on my First Run....

Big Gordy
17th September 2007, 02:05 PM
hopefully it happens again next Season....

I think Mark is trying to organise the same set up for a bit sooner than that:eek: ie the next round in October ;) :D

stoney
17th September 2007, 02:07 PM
well real pi$$ed that i missed this one looks like all ahd a good day

next time i will be there it will be my turn for a weekend off soon :o i hope :eek:

Ivano
17th September 2007, 07:23 PM
I think Mark is trying to organise the same set up for a bit sooner than that:eek: ie the next round in October ;) :D

I will keep my eyes posted then... Be good to meet up with some people off the site........

MINI William
17th September 2007, 07:38 PM
thanks to everyone for organising.had another great NMS day out, thanks to craig for the loan of his jacket next time ill remember to bring one :rolleyes: lol.was great to get out on the track.will post up pics when ive got them up loaded
William:D