PDA

View Full Version : Bourne Ultimatum.

AndyP & Lenore
16th August 2007, 11:36 PM
Went to see it this afternoon.

Excellent film. Action packed. Loved it. Even better than Supremacy. Maybe not quite as good as Identity, but that's probably just because Identity was the first one and it's difficult to top the first one etc.

However, I do have one gripe.....

Why-oh-why do they employ cameramen who have probably spent 3 years in Uni learning how to operate a steady-cam, only to tell him on his first day: "You won't need the steady thingymabob. Just let the camera flay all over the place. If the audience isn't sick by the end of the movie, you haven't done your job right."

I realise it is to build suspense and it helps in shooting action sequences, but it really is annoying when the camera is darting about so much.

Just wish they wouldn't do it.

Great film though. Go see.;)

I've got Robert Ludlum's Bourne Identity book sitting on my TBR pile. Need to get stuck in.;)

A.:D

AeroJonny
17th August 2007, 12:59 AM
I've literally just returned from a covert expedition through the Renfrewshire underground to see the Bourne Ultimatum and thought it was brilliant. No massive qualms with the camera work, but I found the flashback scenes to be pretty unnecessary and a bit boring (well I suppose it would in comparison with the rest of the film).

I've read all three books and they're fantastic. I much prefer them to the films, but they're nothing like each other and the stories are completely different.

Watch the film...but read the books too :D

illegalhunter
17th August 2007, 06:04 AM
well ian glad i got the bootleg DVD not watched it yet

Scottie
17th August 2007, 07:55 AM
how about the Touareg was it good.

Gismo
17th August 2007, 08:23 AM
:eek: stands back, lights the blue touch paper

Mini Ecosse
17th August 2007, 08:27 AM
Must be a long touch paper, no reply yet, but remaining braced for reaction:eek: :eek: :) :)

Scottie
17th August 2007, 08:37 AM

:eek: :eek: wait till he reads that. Oh DS can I get your copy to watch when your finished with it.:D :D

AndyP & Lenore
17th August 2007, 09:43 AM
Ponders whether to simply delete the entire thread, or just report Deerslayer to FACT, Trading Standards and the Police.:rolleyes: :mad:

I'm glad others have been able to post positive contributions to the thread.;)

A.:D

duncan
17th August 2007, 09:47 AM
However, I do have one gripe.....

Why-oh-why do they employ cameramen who have probably spent 3 years in Uni learning how to operate a steady-cam, only to tell him on his first day: "You won't need the steady thingymabob. Just let the camera flay all over the place. If the audience isn't sick by the end of the movie, you haven't done your job right."

I saw the Today Show Global Edition on CNN last week and Matt Damon was on.

He said the only bad review was "Get this guy a Steady-Cam"

Does this mean Matt Damon reads NMS? :eek: :p ;)

AeroJonny
17th August 2007, 12:31 PM
I thought it looked really good...although you only really catch a wee glimpse of it before it gets totalled :D Airbags didn't go off mind...not sure if its the motor for me fi ;)

monsta mo mini admin
17th August 2007, 09:43 PM
My mate Tony was actually at the Premier in London the other night. (Won the ticket in the Scum). Matt Damon is very short...apparently:D

monsta mo mini admin
17th August 2007, 09:44 PM
Oh...he thought the film was a bit to much of a msh-mash of teh first two and Geengrass's direction just gets annoying after a while.:confused:

AndyP & Lenore
18th August 2007, 12:17 AM
Oh...he thought the film was a bit to much of a msh-mash of teh first two and Geengrass's direction just gets annoying after a while.:confused:

Would agree with the observation of Greengrass's direction. At the end of the day, it's his vision, his choice to do away with the steadycam.:mad:

He shot United 93 in a similar fashion. Another very good (and sobering) film, but also (literally) difficult to watch - not just because of the devastating ending.:o

A.

illegalhunter
18th August 2007, 07:24 AM
Watched it last nite ,the film is awesome . The wobbly camera thing does your nut in but.

jeekster
18th August 2007, 07:35 PM
I've literally just returned from a covert expedition through the Renfrewshire underground to see the Bourne Ultimatum and thought it was brilliant. No massive qualms with the camera work, but I found the flashback scenes to be pretty unnecessary and a bit boring (well I suppose it would in comparison with the rest of the film).

I've read all three books and they're fantastic. I much prefer them to the films, but they're nothing like each other and the stories are completely different.

Watch the film...but read the books too :D

Hi are the books worth getting ive seen the first 2 films and fancied reading the books too. I read :o the Harry Potter books :o and when finally seen the films was really disappointed as they missed so much out :eek: Maybe I should watch the Bourne Ultimatum film first then read the books lol ??? :D