PDA

View Full Version : Huge crack in windscreen!

korky
10th August 2007, 10:01 AM
Went to drive home from work yesterday only to find a gigantic crack in my windscreen! Only 4 weeks old and no sign of it being vandalism. And definitely not a stone chip either. Any other reports? The dealers are looking into it and told me it was perfectly safe to drive. Only after I'd arranged a lift to work, though, and a long bus journey home!

Serves me right, probably. Only the other day I was saying how much less trouble I was having with this car that poor old Henry ('02 Cooper. Was bad idea to name a car after a boxer...)
\:eek:

X30YES
10th August 2007, 10:45 AM
The crack will be ok , however it will travel and get bigger the more you drive the car ...earlier mini's with sports or sports + suspension were reporting cracks in the screen .Ive not heard of any rescent problems like that though. Where is the crack ?

korky
10th August 2007, 11:29 AM
Crack starts about 10cm up from the bottom of the windscreen on the driver's side and curves up and into the screen for about 30cm. Overnight, it spread a little, curving down to a more horizontal direction. Wonder where it will go next? :mad:

KenL
10th August 2007, 01:10 PM
I would want a crack that size fixed asap...

AndyP & Lenore
10th August 2007, 08:16 PM
I would want a crack that size fixed asap...

Yeah! What he said!

30cm is a massive crack. I doubt that could be repaired. New windscreen jobbie methinks...:o

A.:(

mini saltire
11th August 2007, 11:00 PM
Yeah! What he said!

30cm is a massive crack. I doubt that could be repaired. New windscreen jobbie methinks...:o

A.:(

If it not covered in your insurance then give me a call 07976 824 715. We have a guy who does our race cars for £60 cash!!

Cheers,

Mark

korky
5th September 2007, 01:02 PM
Yep, new windscreen required, although the crack only spread an inch or so in two weeks! Had it done under warranty. Grassicks picked it up, fixed it, brought it back. Perfect. Hopefully it won't happen again!
:)

monkimagic
5th September 2007, 01:34 PM
Yep, new windscreen required, although the crack only spread an inch or so in two weeks! Had it done under warranty. Grassicks picked it up, fixed it, brought it back. Perfect. Hopefully it won't happen again!
:)

Thats pretty good although should have happened anyhow