PDA

View Full Version : T - 7 hours to collect new to me motor

Scottie
7th August 2007, 10:00 AM
Well was missing having the Mini's to play around with and all that stuff.

Been looking since about a week after selling them for the right motor.

Last night found the one.

No it's not a Mini couldn't afford one second hand they really do seem to command a high price that and don't want another one anyway.

This car is a Modern day Classic RARE to find of this spec and engine and model but not make ( well I think so) as it has taken me over 4 months to find one. Not a expensive car to purchase (which was a big issue for me) all classic in a certain condition seem also to command a high price.

It has the odd blemish but for a car of it's age all fixable I think. Was looking for something young enough but old enough that I wouldnt always be needing to put my hand in the pocket to spend keeping it on the road. This one is a 1988. 19 years old.

I've got over a 4 hour drive today to see, buy and bring home. Wish me luck will post pictures off my trip home. Have I mentioned the make nope all will be revealed. I'm happy job done found the car I wanted.:D

Gismo
7th August 2007, 10:12 AM
It has the odd blemish but for a car of it's age all fixable I think. Was looking for something young enough but old enough that I wouldnt always be needing to put my hand in the pocket to spend keeping it on the road. This one is a 1988. 19 years old.
Good luck if that's what you think :rolleyes:

Scottie
7th August 2007, 10:18 AM
Good luck if that's what you think :rolleyes:

fingers crossed BS I have a few classic so know the risk hence the time it has taken me to find the one I want and the make I want.

Won't be mucking about with the engine thats for sure.:eek: :p :p

john
7th August 2007, 11:07 AM
http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/dbimages/0599649001186235948.jpg

Scottie
7th August 2007, 11:23 AM
Nope but was on my wish list again just to expensive for me

Craig
7th August 2007, 12:16 PM
3 Series BMW.......... ;)

AndyP & Lenore
7th August 2007, 01:51 PM
http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/dbimages/0599649001186235948.jpg

OOOOh. Saw one of those parked in Tesco's today. Lurrrrvely.:D :D

A.:D

euan
7th August 2007, 03:23 PM
OOOOh. Saw one of those parked in Tesco's today. Lurrrrvely.:D :D

There is an old school Merc garage at the end of my road who repair and service cars like that. Every time I see one I admire it, but he's had some real crackers in there. Big old coupes and the like - cracking cars!

sh@z
7th August 2007, 04:00 PM
I was worried you were gonna say you were getting a Brabus Fourfour when reading the post ;) Hopefully you can confirm you are not... it was just all the talk of it being a classic (lol) and cheap :p :p :p

john
7th August 2007, 04:51 PM
I know I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.motorbase.com/pictures/nec_1998/std_wolseley-hornet.jpg

zimbo
7th August 2007, 09:56 PM
Is it one of the original FIAT PANDAS? :D (lol)

Scottie
8th August 2007, 12:28 AM
No it's a

1988 E30 325I BMW Bruar Convertible, Auto with select shift i.e E - S or 123.

Just arrived home as they shut the M6 at Kendal had to divert bloody took us 2 and half hours to rejoin at Penrith.

Bought the car. Drive home was fine behaved well in the long long long q's.

Engine is a cracker with 77k on the clock sounds very nice.

Need to change all fluids and have a good look round breaks suspension and the likes just want to make sure car is safe and sound and change anything required.

Interior is a mess but then I knew that hence cheap as chips and the roof is not as good as he made out on the phone but all in all happy with it and hopefully once brought in to shape shouldn't need to keep spending money on it. <fingers crossed>

AndyP & Lenore
8th August 2007, 12:44 AM
OOOohhhhh. Very nice Fi.:D :D

Like this?

http://www.wholesaleautogarage.com.au/images/cars/385/BMW%20320%20002.jpg

Scottie
8th August 2007, 01:05 AM
yip but in red.

AndyP & Lenore
8th August 2007, 01:15 AM
yip but in red.

Cool.

PICS???????

You knew I'd ask.;)

euan
8th August 2007, 08:53 AM
Ooh, very nice :D

illegalhunter
8th August 2007, 06:34 PM
Very nice Fi , where do you keep them all ?

Wul
10th August 2007, 11:27 PM
Seen this beastie in the flesh tonight - it's a beauty - especially after Allan gave it the Megs treatment :) Enjoy it guys :)

Scottie
10th August 2007, 11:37 PM
ta Wul. got a few things to do before I'll be 100% happy with the car. Interior is a nightmare and to find recaro replacements is difficult.

john
13th August 2007, 09:29 PM
NO Photo yet?????????????????????????????????

AndyP & Lenore
13th August 2007, 09:40 PM
NO Photo yet?????????????????????????????????

I think Mrs Scottiecoop is now away on her holibags, so I doubt we'll see any photo's for a couple of weeks.:(