PDA

View Full Version : He has arrived early

ajamesj
6th August 2007, 09:49 PM
I went through to get everything sorted out for my mid september delivery date for my Cooper D and guess what. Check out the pics :)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d165/AJAMESJ/DSC00263.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d165/AJAMESJ/DSC00262.jpg

Just need to arrange my plate transfer Iam on my hols next week aswell so need to get it all sorted out this week so I can get my hands on him early september :D :D :D The wait is almost over

Craig
6th August 2007, 09:52 PM
Good News Andy - best of luck with it... my second one is developing faults again... :(

I am sure yours wasn't built on a friday. ;)

Gismo
6th August 2007, 09:53 PM
Nice one, i wonder if it will have the sound of rushing water enhancement :rolleyes:

Craig
6th August 2007, 09:55 PM
Nice one, i wonder if it will have the sound of rushing water enhancement :rolleyes:

Get it right Alan, it's a "characteristic"

you would never get a job with MINI... ;) :D

rpn
6th August 2007, 09:56 PM
Nice car! :)

No need to wait for September delivery. Just get it all sorted this week and I'll look after it for you while you're away to enjoy your hols next week! :p

AndyP & Lenore
6th August 2007, 10:08 PM
Very nice Andy.:cool:

Lovely looking car.;)

A.:D

illegalhunter
6th August 2007, 10:16 PM
looks good ,just got to wait till sept, oh & all the faults lol

ajamesj
6th August 2007, 10:18 PM
When can my mods start;). The more I look at the pics the more I want to get started. Just cant wait just knowing its there is really annoying:D

Gismo
6th August 2007, 10:23 PM
Where you buying it from :confused:

Scottie
6th August 2007, 10:36 PM
Where you buying it from :confused:

A Garage:p :D

AndyP & Lenore
7th August 2007, 12:05 AM
A Garage:p :D

Right Mark (VintageB3), enough already!:eek: :p ;) :D

ajamesj
7th August 2007, 12:58 PM
I got the best deal from a friendly dealer in Perth had all the servicing work done on my current Mini there and cant fault them :)

MINI William
7th August 2007, 07:39 PM
looks good andy best of luck.its very annoying the garage only told it would be here the thurs but was here the friday before only knew becose i clocked it parked away up the back :D

ajamesj
7th August 2007, 08:19 PM
Think it was my fault I wasnt told earlier because I told them I was not wanting it till September so I am really happy that its here and I am going to get it early September:)

Bumble
7th August 2007, 09:10 PM
Woo nice mota ...

zimbo
7th August 2007, 09:41 PM
Looking good Andy :D Bet the car will be home and within an hour or so it will have been modified... :p

ajamesj
8th August 2007, 09:12 AM
I think my 18" wheels are going to look good on it but not going to do much more I think I will keep it standard;) for know:D

Duncan Stewart
9th August 2007, 06:34 PM
Looks great :cool: Will be very interested to hear how it drives.
Might go for a Cooper D myself :D

ny152
12th August 2007, 01:04 AM
Might go for a Cooper D myself :D

Can highly recommend it Duncan. Handles great on 15" as well :D.

Andy, all the best with your car. Just got mine and :):):). What more can I say?

ajamesj
19th August 2007, 11:41 PM
Any pics of ur car and its spec

ny152
19th August 2007, 11:56 PM
Any pics of ur car and its spec

Hi Andy
No pics up as yet, but I have pepper white with the black roof. Bonnet stripes get added next Friday and then I'll post it.

The only extras to the standard spec was adding the Pepper pack. This is my second MINI so I had a good idea what I did and didn't want. By pure luck the dealer had a cancelled car sitting in their showroom so I was able to pick it up within 3 days :).

After having driven both petrol and diesel Cooper's back to back I much prefer the power delivery from the diesel. Plus, after just over 500 miles I am now averaging 60.7 mpg. That's with a mixture of motorway, city driving and being stuck in traffic jams.

ajamesj
20th August 2007, 09:55 AM
Where are u getting ur bonnet stripes from and how much I was going to spec my with but changed my mind but now wish I got them.

ajamesj
20th August 2007, 09:57 AM
Fuel consumption sounds good same sort of driving Iam doing at the moment in my "S" but only average 33mpg cant wait to get my car now. I will only need to fill it up every second week instead of every week after only 260miles or so hopefully.

ny152
20th August 2007, 07:32 PM
Where are u getting ur bonnet stripes from and how much I was going to spec my with but changed my mind but now wish I got them.

It was part of the deal from Fairbairns in Glasgow. Went in last week for them and they hadn't arrived (a MINI dealer without stripes in stock :(). So back in again this week for them.

I've used Apex Designs up in Edinburgh for vipers before. They done an excellent job that time and would recommend them to anyone.

Based on the current figures I should get about 500-520 miles per tankful. That's not bad considering the car isn't even run in yet. Very impressed by it so far, especially the fact that it still gives a 'spirited' drive :D.

ajamesj
27th August 2007, 11:15 AM
1 week to go I cant believe how the weeks are passing so slowly all set for 3rd September. But only if my cherished plate comes through

peppermini
3rd September 2007, 07:12 AM
Best of luck when you pick up the new car today :D

ajamesj
3rd September 2007, 08:37 AM
Only 2 hours to go cant wait now its been a long week this past week but its almost over

Craig
3rd September 2007, 04:24 PM
Only 2 hours to go cant wait now its been a long week this past week but its almost over

All the Best Andy - at least yours should sound like a diesel...:rolleyes: :)

zimbo
3rd September 2007, 06:31 PM
WELL???? come on then wheres the pics and info then... :D

ny152
3rd September 2007, 09:34 PM
WELL???? come on then wheres the pics and info then... :D

He's probably still out driving it - thinks the fuel gauge is broke because it's not went down yet :D

ajamesj
4th September 2007, 08:49 AM
Just got pics downloaded I covered my first 180 mile yesterday averaging 56mpg still have a range of 330 mile so its great on fuel so far. Stop/start function takes a bit getting used to all fine at the moment for problems.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d165/AJAMESJ/DSC00333.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d165/AJAMESJ/DSC00331.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d165/AJAMESJ/DSC00332.jpg

ajamesj
4th September 2007, 08:53 AM
:) :) Firsts mods start today will possibly get pics up tonight watch this space:) :)

Burple
4th September 2007, 09:54 AM
:) :) Firsts mods start today will possibly get pics up tonight watch this space:) :)

Good stuff! Get on with it!!! :D:D:D:D:p

Craig
4th September 2007, 10:46 AM
Looking Good Andy, as low'n'loud says - Get the Mods Started!!!!!:cool:

Bumble
4th September 2007, 06:16 PM
Looking good ... what do you have planned for it? What's 1st on your list?

Lynn

rpn
4th September 2007, 07:15 PM

Secong mods is your signature pic!!! ;) :)

zimbo
4th September 2007, 08:40 PM
Bet you the 1st mod we see will be the wheels... :D Cars looking good Andy :cool:

ajamesj
4th September 2007, 08:53 PM
New mods added today 18" S73 wheels (from my "s") diadem indicator bulbs frt and rear (looks cool with the clear lenses). Also chrome No.. plate surrounds and new No... plates now what next ????. Now getting 55mpg and cover 230miles and still 324 mile range:D :D :D

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d165/AJAMESJ/DSC00337.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d165/AJAMESJ/DSC00336.jpg

Burple
4th September 2007, 09:56 PM
Ooooooooooooo... 20 times better already! :cool::cool::cool:

You'll have to take me out for a wee scoot..

I'm starting to come round - slowly- to the idea.. and obvioulsy 50+ mpg and £35 road tax helps a lot! ;)

Hmm.. there may be a plan forming...

Craig
4th September 2007, 11:28 PM
that's made a big difference...;)

rpn
5th September 2007, 11:51 AM
Looking nice, very nice. :)

mummmm, Cooper D.... mpg.... road tax.... next car......

The Bull
6th September 2007, 03:34 PM
Spotted you yesterday coming off the Elliot roundabout. I think you saw me. Looks nice Andy, a big change from your S?

Do you work in Autosave? I think I recognise you now. I nip in there from time to time for my Meguiars stuff.

ajamesj
6th September 2007, 09:41 PM
Yeh work in Autosave , Big change from my "S" but still plenty of power there when I need it really surprised. I was thinkin I would miss my "S" more than I am. Just filled up but didnt really need too still plenty left in tank and I covered 345 miles on £23. If that was my "S" it would have been £40+. I did see you last minute.

If I use my sports button fuel comp goes down by 3-4 mpg but you do get pushed back in the seat quicker:D :D :D

ajamesj
6th September 2007, 09:42 PM
Euan will need to take you for a spin soon

zimbo
7th September 2007, 06:33 PM
Euan will need to take you for a spin soon

Oi and what about me???? :(:D

ajamesj
7th September 2007, 09:09 PM
Yeh ok then form an orderly queue:D :D

Craig
7th September 2007, 09:55 PM
I am getting a Cooper D hire car Monday Tuesday (17th/18th) September if anyone wants a wee run in it... :D My car will be in to get the sunroof and armrest replaced. ;)

ny152
8th September 2007, 11:04 AM
I am getting a Cooper D hire car Monday Tuesday (17th/18th) September if anyone wants a wee run in it... :D My car will be in to get the sunroof and armrest replaced. ;)

Should be around Stirling on Monday - will keep my ears open for you :).

Let us know your opinion Craig. I've driven both r56 Cooper and Dooper. Prefer the engine of the D though (not to mention the tax and 61.5 mpg!).

Burple
10th September 2007, 11:01 AM
Oi and what about me???? :(:D

Beat it monkey-boy :p:p:p:p:D:D

sav112gla
10th September 2007, 04:23 PM
Just got my account back on and have to say I’m looking into getting a Dooper as well. Great economy plus it looks great and drives well or so I’ve read. Thing that’s now holding me back apart for the sale of our second home( fingers crossed as its already sold) was the fact that Vat on new cars with low emissions is set to change next year which could nock a few thousand off the price.

Hope you keep us up to date on your MPG and anything else.

Plus its looks fantastic and a real standout from the mini crowd with those wheels.

ajamesj
10th September 2007, 08:58 PM
Thats me covered 600 miles in first week of Dooper driving its great. I was out on a run from Arbroath to Aberdeen then Montrose through to Forfar and back to arbroath today so mix of dual and country roads (with sport button in use) and still averaging 55.2 mpg thats an average from when a tripped it last thursday when I fuelled up only spend £23.00 then and still over a half tank left. I also had time to fit bonnet stripes this morning pics to follow. Badly in need of a wash