john
6th August 2007, 04:30 PM
Here is some photos from the first run.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/dycecooper/old%20cars/DSC00545.jpg

bpirie1000
6th August 2007, 04:34 PM
that is scott in his first mini...

Oh those were the days.

But some of the others on here Might remember the VERY First Mini run.. from MINI2

Moonshine.Gerry.
MonstaMo. Callum
Annette.
Willie.
Me.
John.
Allan Cooper.

where have all the days gone....

john
6th August 2007, 04:35 PM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/dycecooper/old%20cars/DSC00546.jpg

john
6th August 2007, 04:37 PM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/dycecooper/old%20cars/DSC00549.jpg

s12cot
6th August 2007, 06:10 PM
yeah and i got a stone chip in the front window - i think monsta mo was the culprit!

s12cot
6th August 2007, 06:12 PM
sorry meant to say, great photo John, brings back a few memorys!!

Burple
8th August 2007, 03:22 PM
Nice one!! :cool::cool:

I think we were there for the second one :D:D:D

monsta mo mini admin
8th August 2007, 08:46 PM
Here's a few more. Yep - it wiz me that chipped yer screen.. on the thrash from Glen Shee to Crathies - all I remember was the stench of burning brakes when we stopped there!

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/images/convoy_cull_1.jpg

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/images/carpark_1.jpg

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/images/car_park2.jpg

Happy days indeed - 5 YEARS AGO!!! Yikes

A few more I remember - Shoppie (Howard) was on it as was his mate from Carnoustie Bod (Mark)

monsta mo mini admin
8th August 2007, 08:55 PM
THE FIRST CULLEN RUN :: AUGUST 2002

After discovering MINI2 it didn't take me long to stumble upon the Meetings and Events section where lo and behold there was Scottish Run being planned. I signed up immediately...

Some three weeks later on a rather wet Sunday morning we found ourselves on the way to join the run at Blairgowrie. I must admit when we arrived, already late, I feared the worst, we had missed the rendezvous and the day was wasted. Anyway we thought we'd better give it ten minutes. Just as I was about to start the engine and head back to Auld Reekie a Dark Silver S cruised into the square and parked up beside us. "Are youz waiting on the MINI2 Run?" came a voice from inside. As it turned out the convoy from Dundee was late too and after 10 minutes one MINI appeared, then another, and another until the small carpark was filled with 8 MINIs in all. We were off!

The first leg of the run was form Blairgowrie over the pass of Glenshee, down into Braemar and onto Crathie Church to meet Zooooom and the Aberdeen crew. Nothing quite prepared me for the pace at which the group set off at. I don't think there was another car on the road that we didn't pass! The reaction from other drivers was the same though, a big smile and get the hell out of the way... 8 MINIs coming through!

The weather gradually improved as we headed north so by the time we were in Deeside it was a beautiful summers day. We met Zooooom, Brian and three other MINI drivers at the Crathie Church car park which was a welcome distraction for the coachloads of tourists loitering around there.

From Crathie we climbed out of the Dee valley and up the the Lecht Ski Centre where we stopped for a quick bite to eat. Then down to Tomintoul, Glen Livet, Dufftown and onto Keith to meet Alan Cooper who had only got married the day before but thought it'd be good to squeeze in a quick run before heading off on honeymoon! Every village and town we went through, the kids were out waving and adults walking along the streets were doing double takes as MINI after MINI went by.

From there it was only a short run down to Cullen and the ice cream! It was worth the 180 mile drive. Only problem was we had 180 miles to get get home.

Things get a little confusing from here as the group got split on the way back through Keith and unfortunately we were one of the ones who didn't know where they were going so it was at this point we called it a day and headed for home via Huntly, Inch, Torphin and the Cairn O Mount.

We got back to Edinburgh around 9.30pm having completed 360 miles through some of the best scenery Scotland has to offer. It was the first of many MINI adventures.

Monsta Mo Mini

s12cot
9th August 2007, 09:21 AM
Monsta, i still remeber the exact moment the stone hit the window... was surpirsed you never heard the crack.. good auld days! My wheels were sooo clean before the run and pure black from brake dust after!

Duncan Stewart
9th August 2007, 06:41 PM
Not tempted to arrange another Cullen run then John? :D
I miss the Cullen run :eek: :(

john
9th August 2007, 10:31 PM
Not tempted to arrange another Cullen run then John? :D
I miss the Cullen run :eek: :(

Yes Duncan its in the making and should be even bigger and better than ever before.:D

Watch this space.!!;)

PACMAN
9th August 2007, 10:32 PM
Yes Duncan its in the making and should be even bigger and better than ever before.:D

Watch this space.!!;)

do we have a date for it :o

john
9th August 2007, 10:36 PM
do we have a date for it :o

It will be 2008 as it takes a shed load of forward planning (normally the week before the run):D

PACMAN
9th August 2007, 10:37 PM
It will be 2008 as it takes a shed load of forward planning (normally the week before the run):D

begin of sept 07 looking a bit empty

The Dogfather
10th August 2007, 06:11 AM

Watch this space.!!;)

Brilliant, might even be worth a trip back up north <shiver> for it :D

X30YES
10th August 2007, 08:01 AM

Nice one John

Julz
10th August 2007, 02:46 PM
We'll be there, can't say what kind of car we'll be in but we'll be there!!:D :D

zimbo
11th August 2007, 05:19 PM
We'll be there, can't say what kind of car we'll be in but we'll be there!!:D :D

Hows that now, you getting bored with the Megane are you? :eek:

Duncan Stewart
11th August 2007, 06:32 PM
:D

Watch this space.!!;)

:D :D excellent news!!:D :D

Julz
11th August 2007, 06:34 PM
Hows that now, you getting bored with the Megane are you? :eek:

I'm not, but Rob keeps looking! Thought about a 350z but that was as far as I got! Considering my insurance this year is £256, I can't complain!!;) :D

Mini Martyn
13th August 2007, 12:34 PM
Thats due to age!!! :D :p

Julz
13th August 2007, 12:51 PM
Thats due to age!!! :D :p

Cheeky sod!!:cool: :D :p

AeroJonny
13th August 2007, 10:23 PM
John, if you need any help with the organising of the Cullen run just give me a shout. I'll be up in findhorn around the end of the month if that's any use in terms of recces or anything.

bpirie1000
14th August 2007, 08:28 AM
think the problem would be keeping up with john on the recci

AeroJonny
14th August 2007, 09:14 AM
haha, yeah. I was thinking helping making notes ;) Don't think I'd stand much of a chance in my one.

Gismo
14th August 2007, 09:33 AM
haha, yeah. I was thinking helping making notes ;) Don't think I'd stand much of a chance in my one.
I was a passenger taking notes for the last Cullen Run, i gave up in the end as i couldn't see and read the signs in a timely manner before the next sign :rolleyes:

AeroJonny
14th August 2007, 09:36 AM
hahaha...pi$$ing in the wind ;)

john
14th August 2007, 10:41 AM
I was a passenger taking notes for the last Cullen Run, i gave up in the end as i couldn't see and read the signs in a timely manner before the next sign :rolleyes:

You pointed out the Nissan Skyline:D

Gismo
14th August 2007, 10:52 AM
You pointed out the Nissan Skyline:D
Only cause you were catching him :D