PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Festrival - Highlights and Lowlights

Wul
6th August 2007, 10:47 AM
Hows about a thread to post your reviews of the Festival so far.....

I'll start:

Tom Baxter @ Cabaret Voltaire - excellent wee venue and good gig - supported by Stepahnie Dosen who wasn't too bad either...for a yank! ;)

RussellHoward @ The Pleasance - tremdous gig - 1 hour of fast paced comedy - recommended. :D

FergusM
6th August 2007, 12:57 PM
I have the 17th booked off twork to spend the day at the festival, will book some stuff and just take a chance on going for what ever fits inbetween... lst year there were some good shows and a couple of reallllly awful ones.

Burple
28th August 2007, 12:35 PM
Myself and Broken Bri and a couple of his mates were there on Friday night..

I've no idea where most of the shows we saw were, cos we started on the beer about 5pm! :D:D:D

But, Highlights were definitely Ronnie Johns (Mark 'Chopper' Reid parody) - wicked Aussie humour :cool:

Phil Kay in one of his hour long self titled slots. Awesome. A million miles per hour, pure genius rambling meanderings. :cool::cool:

And Spank, a collection of various stand up, improv and musical comedy from other festival shows. Again... supremely funny (Except the canadian guy who had to follow Phil Kay's (plus many others) stage invasion / naked disco..) a fine end to the 'evening'.

When I say 'evening' I mean of course, starting on the beer at 5pm, and carrying on till the first train back to Falkirk at 6.30 am! :D:D:D
Awesome night out!

duncan
28th August 2007, 07:23 PM
I took in a few shows last week.
Thought that Kirsten O'Brien off childrens TV was pretty funny - never stopped bouncing around the stage too.

Also took in Lucy Porter, she was funny, but not as good as last year.

Scottie
28th August 2007, 07:48 PM
the fire work display is always good.:p ;)

AndyP & Lenore
28th August 2007, 10:47 PM
the fire work display is always good.:p ;)

Aye! What night are they on?

A.

sh@z
28th August 2007, 11:17 PM
Saw Jimmy Carr which was hilarious.

Another guy called Paul Chowdhry (Indian comedian from London) - Seen him last year also, highly recommended.

A Hypnosis show by Tony Lee.... Such abuse of hypnotising people but OH SO FUNNY :D I dont think i've laughed that hard at a show before.

All of the above I'd recommend to anybody going to the festival.

vintageb3
29th August 2007, 07:42 AM
Highlight as usual for me was Edinburgh in my rear view mirror...and knowing that I won't have to do silly load outs at 2.00am surrounded by drunk people for another year:D

Seriously though...I only had to do this once this year....and there were a lot of good acts on this year.

Viva la Fringe!

mark