PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a Front Bumper

S21AGD
3rd August 2007, 07:24 PM
Hi,

Anyone got a how-to guide on fitting a front bumper to a 2004 MCS. Any help would be much appreciated,

thanks

Andrew

john
3rd August 2007, 09:54 PM
VERY VERY simple, open the bonnet and you will see the most obvios 2 screws and then there are three screws under the front and the a few plastic screws inside the wheel arches.;)

OFF and on for a first timer should be about 20 minutes tops.

RyanK
4th August 2007, 12:31 AM
Alrite Mate,

If you can give me your e-mail address then I will send you a "how to" guide on fitting front and rear bumpers.

I received this from a fellow NMS user when i was fitting my S bumpers and it helped alot,

Cheers:)

Gorbash12346
18th August 2007, 08:14 AM
ok you will need

T30 torx socket
8mm 1/4 drive socket and a fairly long extension
10mm socket
phillips screwdriver

as said open the bonnet and at either side of the radiator area you will see two torx headed screws, remove these.

looking underneath you will find 3 10mm bolts on the under side of the front bumper, remove these

looking in the right wheel arch put your steering full lock left (more space always helps) and in the very corner, where the wheel arch trim bit on the front bumper meets the inner wheel arch you will see a screw coming up through a clip, basically it should be obvious from this where the screw has to come out from, repeat on the other side.

then looking underneath again you should see a few phillips headed screws in the corners, remove the outermost , then check that the bottom of the bumper moves freely,

then lift the bumper off taking care to tilt the top back towards the car as you remove it (stops the locating clips at the very top edge from breaking, then resting on your knees, or with a helper unclip the fogs, sidelights, indicators and/or outside temperature sensor...

et voila one mini that looks like it just came off the set of one of the mad max films

hope this helps