PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth users

Scottie
3rd August 2007, 09:44 AM
How can I zoom in on a area up close without the picture going all fuzzy.

Clare1
3rd August 2007, 09:47 AM
I think it depends on how much coverage is in that particular area, or how well they have recorded images or something. (I think)

Julz
3rd August 2007, 10:10 AM
I frequently use google earth via my work so we have a professional version! Basically, if it's all fuzzy they think that area is not important enough to warrant a good pic!!;) Towns and cities tend to have fantastic coverage (except for Carlogie P.S in carnoustie which I wanted to see what the roof looked like from above!!) but further out in the sticks (like my house) is crap!:rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
3rd August 2007, 11:16 AM
Fi, is it everywhere that is staying all fuzzy? Or just certain areas? Like the ladies say, only certain areas are covered by high definition photography.

The whole of Edinburgh is now HD, but nearly all of the Borders is low def. But almost the whole of England is now HD. I'm hoping there are working on Scotland.

A.:D

Scottie
3rd August 2007, 02:17 PM
no just when I zoom in up close it goes all fuzzy.

duncan
3rd August 2007, 04:03 PM
no just when I zoom in up close it goes all fuzzy.

Look at the bit at the bottom of the window. It'll tell you how much has been downloaded. Give it time to download the new images. If its still blurry when it says 100% then thats as good an image you're going to get.

vintageb3
3rd August 2007, 09:19 PM
I think it depends on how much coverage is in that particular area, or how well they have recorded images or something. (I think)

Is this your opinion Claire? Or is it a BMW opinion?

Oh!...Gave you hard time last week...I will look for someone else now:D

OK!!!Who's next?:mad:

mark

Maxxed Ross
7th August 2007, 06:25 PM
I find using a site called Flash Earth gives a better picture in some cases.

http://www.flashearth.com/

Generally it's only city areas that you can zoom right in on, but sometimes Flash lests you get closer than google.

hope that helps a bit!

alanm73
7th August 2007, 08:52 PM
Give Microsoft Virtual Earth a try the pictures of the Polmont / Falkirk area are a lot clearer then google.