PDA

View Full Version : My New Pet Hate!!

Wul
1st August 2007, 10:00 AM
:mad: :( Argh!! Is anyone else really pi$$ed off with the TV channels deliberately raising the volume of advert breaks by about double that of the programme!! I'm sick and tired of constantly having to adjust the volume when wacthing a programme.:( :mad:

End of Rant :rolleyes:

X30YES
1st August 2007, 10:09 AM
It is a bit :mad: ,you do take notice ...but that's what its all about I'd guess

X30YES
1st August 2007, 10:10 AM
BTW ........you bored Wul !!!...:rolleyes: :D

Craig
1st August 2007, 10:56 AM
me and Mrs D were having that exact same conversation the other night... really annoys me :mad: (but I hate watching adverts anyway and normally "surf" for a while).. ;)

euan
1st August 2007, 12:39 PM
me and Mrs D were having that exact same conversation the other night... really annoys me :mad: (but I hate watching adverts anyway and normally "surf" for a while).. ;)

I do the surf thing too - it winds my missus more than the extra noise though!

AndyP & Lenore
1st August 2007, 01:00 PM
I just hit the MUTE button.:D

Doesn't work on Lenore though.:eek: :o

A.:D

GAJ
1st August 2007, 01:16 PM
Believe it or not their are rules about this and the adverts aren't technically 'louder', it's just that their sound tracks have a higher lever of compression applied to them. In other words the loudest peaks in the adverts are no higher in volume than the peaks in the programmes, but the median sound levels are higher, resulting in the overall sound being much more 'in yer face'.

The same trick is being used in more and more CDs now as crap producers try to create a more 'immediate' sound, to cater for the kind of people that fill their cars with massive subs, in the belief that this makes music sound better!

FergusM
1st August 2007, 01:26 PM
On some TV's you have a setting that stops the volume ramping past a certain level, sure I have it on my Panasonic.

...though I tend to SKY+ everything and zip through the adverts at x30, 60 minute porgram is typically 40 minutes without the adverts. Much better way to watch things.

KenL
1st August 2007, 01:37 PM
That drives me nuts as well Wul - Channel4 are the worst!!!

Gismo
1st August 2007, 01:53 PM
Shakes head in disbelief, for gawds sake, put the kettle on :rolleyes:

Scottie
1st August 2007, 06:07 PM
disnae bother me.

some adverts I really like and give me a good laugh.

Has anyone seen the one with the Scottie Dog in it.:cool: :cool:

Neil and Lorna
1st August 2007, 09:20 PM
I'm with FergusM on this one.:D

Sky+ all programmes you want and skip through all adds at x30 speed.:D

Neil.:D