PDA

View Full Version : Well.........

Craig
29th July 2007, 10:11 AM
who would have put money on the fact that my new car would develop an old fault ? :eek: :D

yes, after 600 miles, the sound of rushing water is back, therefore it cannot be described as a "characteristic" of the vehicle (as the Head of MINI Tech told me), it is a fault, so it will need to be investigated again. :( :(

I also have problems with the roof blinds on my sunroof moving whenever they want. This appears to be a bad design as there is no catch to keep them closed, they just slide as and when they want.. God knows why they changed the design from the old blinds as they worked faultlessly and I never had an issue with them - oh yeah that's right, they are trying to save money and charge more for the product...:mad:

Got a good few rattles also, so it looks like I am back in the hands of the service department... Oh joy. ;)

Oh, and my old car is off to a new home also...:eek: :o Hope they don't find this site, wouldn't know what to say to them

Scottie
29th July 2007, 10:18 AM
Buggers who would have thought 2 cars same fault.:mad: :mad:

I thought I saw what looked like you car out on a test drive with trade plates on the other week.

Craig
29th July 2007, 11:36 AM
Buggers who would have thought 2 cars same fault.:mad: :mad:

I thought I saw what looked like you car out on a test drive with trade plates on the other week.

yes you did and it is sold. ;)

AeroJonny
29th July 2007, 01:41 PM
the poor buggers:(

Scottie
29th July 2007, 02:02 PM
yes you did and it is sold. ;)

Did you leave any NMS stickers on the car.:eek: ;)

Craig
29th July 2007, 04:03 PM
Did you leave any NMS stickers on the car.:eek: ;)

I did, not sure if they were still there went it left for it's new home..

s12cot
30th July 2007, 01:15 PM
this happened to me when the new mini first came out, 2 cars loads of faults i ended up with an mgtf.... very frustrating esp when it's a car you like,....

AndyP & Lenore
30th July 2007, 01:42 PM
I also have problems with the roof blinds on my sunroof moving whenever they want. This appears to be a bad design as there is no catch to keep them closed, they just slide as and when they want.. God knows why they changed the design from the old blinds as they worked faultlessly and I never had an issue with them - oh yeah that's right, they are trying to save money and charge more for the product...:mad:

Know exactly how you feel about sunroof blinds.:(

Our car has been in Eastern 3 times now:mad: and it is still not completely fixed, they have stopped the front one from sliding back but say they didn't realise there was anything wrong with the back one so they haven't attempted to fix it.:mad:

If only MINI had left the design alone.

FergusM
30th July 2007, 05:16 PM
yes, after 600 miles, the sound of rushing water is back, therefore it cannot be described as a "characteristic" of the vehicle (as the Head of MINI Tech told me), it is a fault, so it will need to be investigated again. :( :(

I also have the sound of running water... but for now choosing to ignore it. However if you get it fixed please let me know ;)

Crombers
30th July 2007, 10:41 PM
Oh lordy , here we go again :confused: :( :eek:

ELFMAN
31st July 2007, 03:09 PM
Craig, face it mate, God hates you. You'll just have to fit a louder exhaust to cover the noises..... Seriously tho', many sympathies - what a PAIN - you'd have thought you'd used up your 'Problem Quota' by now.

By the way, I have sometimes had the sound of 'running water' in G3 ELF. It's usually the passenger.

illegalhunter
5th August 2007, 02:02 AM
HA AH AH AH HA HA You should have taken the refund

AndyP & Lenore
5th August 2007, 09:39 AM
HA AH AH AH HA HA You should have taken the refund

From what I recall, a refund wasn't offered.:mad:

Scottie
5th August 2007, 09:55 AM
any feedback on how your car is now Craig.? I take it you are going to have to accept the water sound.

Craig
5th August 2007, 06:59 PM
Not even put the car in to be worked on yet, can't really face it to be honest. :( :(

Something else may happen instead... ;)

Craig
5th August 2007, 06:59 PM
From what I recall, a refund wasn't offered.:mad:

EXACTLY, not even discussed.... :mad:

illegalhunter
5th August 2007, 08:24 PM
Burn it Craig lol

markyc
5th August 2007, 08:48 PM
Not even put the car in to be worked on yet, can't really face it to be honest. :( :(

:D :D :D :D

Scottie
5th August 2007, 08:50 PM

your not going to torch it are you.:eek: ;) ;) Maybe just trading it in against another make of car would be a better idea.:D

Craig
5th August 2007, 09:21 PM
your not going to torch it are you.:eek: ;) ;) Maybe just trading it in against another make of car would be a better idea.:D

you just never know... :)

Scottie
5th August 2007, 09:23 PM
you just never know... :)

h'mm..................... :D

Craig
7th August 2007, 09:23 AM
Well, lost total confidence in the R56 model with the problems that I have had previously and the fact that my new car has "developed" some of the same ones.. :( :(

I had thought that I could just get rid of it and break even due to paying for the car for 6 months and receiving a brand new car, but it would appear that the car has lost £4,000 in 5 weeks :eek: :eek: . So much for "betterment" as quoted by Cameron Smith at Menzies... It would appear that the customer looses on all accounts. I am now stuck with this piece of sh!t and cannot be bothered with the hassle of taking it in and out of the garage to get them to sort the problems.

Another few years of unhappy MINI motoring for me then. :( :(

Rant Over. :mad:

Scottie
7th August 2007, 09:47 AM
I am truely sorry to hear that Craig.

I could go into a big blah blah blah but whats the point won't help you any or make you feel better.

How's Jude motor doing.;)

Craig
7th August 2007, 12:12 PM
How's Jude motor doing.;)

:eek: :eek: blooming magic... :D :D thank goodness, but it's what I have come to expect from the Japanese, unlike the Germans...(or Oxford'ns) :(

Gismo
7th August 2007, 12:32 PM
Well, i am so gald i opted for the very last of the super charged S's now then :cool: sorry to hear of your continuing saga Craig :(

KenL
7th August 2007, 06:08 PM
Well, lost total confidence in the R56 model with the problems that I have had previously and the fact that my new car has "developed" some of the same ones.. :( :(

Sorry to hear about this :(

What faults does your new car have? If it has the same problems that the other was replaced for then you can reject on the same grounds, surely?

If a dealer supplies you with faulty goods, you are entltled to your money back - all of it.

Craig
7th August 2007, 08:40 PM
Sorry to hear about this :(

What faults does your new car have? If it has the same problems that the other was replaced for then you can reject on the same grounds, surely?

If a dealer supplies you with faulty goods, you are entltled to your money back - all of it.

Got the sound of rushing water back.

Blinds on my sunroof that move as and when THEY feel like it.

passenger side speakers that pop when turned up any amount

rattle from front right hand side of dash

fault with centre armrest where the rear keeps becoming un-attached.

These are the known ones at present, including the diesel noise in the morning, which they will not take seriously as a problem. :(

alanm73
7th August 2007, 08:46 PM
From my recent car changing experiances I would try a few diffrent garages for a trade in / part ex price as a £4,000 loss is a lot of Money.

When I was in my local BMW Stealer the trade in price for my coupe was very cack and the discount off the 120d i wanted to buy wasnt great either.

Found a BMW Dealer through www.broadspeed.com (http://www.broadspeed.com) who gave me £600 more for my trade in and almost £1,400 more off the 120d than my local stealer.

If you want anymore details drop me a PM.

alanm73
7th August 2007, 08:48 PM
Crikey my car is a diesel and it dont even sound like a diesel in the morning, well from the inside anyway.

illegalhunter
7th August 2007, 09:29 PM
welcome to the club Craig i took a £3600 hit on mine,& it stings like hell. Iam so glad its going, ill never have another one even with stolen money.

KenL
7th August 2007, 09:29 PM
Do not trade it in!

If you want rid of it, write a letter to the dealer principal detailing the faults. Point out that this is unacceptable in a new car and that it contravenes the Sale of Goods Act.

Have a look at this thread http://www.mini2.com/forum/2nd-gen-faults-fixes/135970-when-reject-when-not-reject-your-car.html

I really wish you had received a better MINI(s), but if you are not happy, exercise your rights.

just noticed that some of the links are out of date - I'm sure the info will be there if you sniff around.

BTW, do not worry about the dealer losing out, they will sell the car on (fixed - hopefully) for close to retail - they may even receive compensation from MINI :eek:

Good luck.

twinklystar
16th August 2007, 10:51 AM
Hey Craig,

Havent logged in for a wee while, and was hoping to hear that you were totally happy with your new car!!! :( :( that totally sucks that the same problems are there....Menzies totally suck!! :eek: :eek:

Shot in the dark maybe, but theres always the Judge in the Sunday Mail...the minute you mention newpapers, then companies seem to jump to attention....worked with me when my ipod broke...apple replaced it twice....after a letter from the Judge each time!!! Maybe worth a try??:o

Hope you get it sorted out soon!!

L

Craig
16th August 2007, 11:30 AM
car due to go in on Monday next week for 2 days... you never know it might even come back out with all the problems fixed.. :eek: ;) :D Stranger things have happened... :D

ianking
16th August 2007, 12:07 PM
My car now has the rushing water sound that you speak of when starting it up. Lasts for about 2 mins after starting. If I give the car a wee rev the water sound speeds up. Car has started doing this about a month ago and is now 6 months old with 10k miles.

illegalhunter
16th August 2007, 09:02 PM
car due to go in on Monday next week for 2 days... you never know it might even come back out with all the problems fixed.. :eek: ;) :D Stranger things have happened... :D Here we go again Craig best of luck:p :p :p :p :p

Scottie
16th August 2007, 09:05 PM
car due to go in on Monday next week for 2 days... you never know it might even come back out with all the problems fixed.. :eek: ;) :D Stranger things have happened... :D

didn't know you had that many problems. say it is'nt so.

Scottie
22nd August 2007, 11:28 PM

Well.??? any updates.

Craig
23rd August 2007, 04:42 PM
Well.??? any updates.

2 faults - parts on order.

3 faults - not acknowledged by MINI as faults. Told After Sales Manager that I know that 2 ARE faults and I am not budging. Steve Knowles from MINI Tech is to be invited to come and look at my car and give his opinion. If he says they are "characteristics" then we all know where the customer is left...:( :(