PDA

View Full Version : Anyone for Golf ?

Craig
26th July 2007, 01:27 PM
NMS Golf Day

Sunday 30th September

Auchterarder Golf Club (http://www.auchterardergolf.co.uk/index.html) - Tee off. TBC (but will be afternoon)

Most probably have lunch in the clubhouse before the round so this give those travelling time to get to the course and them home before it's dark.

Price approx £15 (with voucher) plus lunch.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Auchterarder Golf Club, Sunday 30th September 2007: Time 2.16 & 2.24 T off time.

Meet at the club at 12:30hrs if you want a bit of lunch before hand. Booked for 2 x 4 balls.

Craig - Confirmed
John - Confirmed
AndyP - Confirmed
MarkyC - Confirmed
Neil - Confirmed
Zimbo (Ali) and his Brother - Confirmed
Ross - Confirmed - One of Neil and AndyP's mates and also a Cooper S owner;)

john
26th July 2007, 02:38 PM
I,m about to buy a set of clubs and start playing so put my name on the list:)

euan
26th July 2007, 02:45 PM
If I was closer I'd play, but too far I'm afraid.

Just bought a new putter, made an awfully big difference!!!

john
26th July 2007, 04:18 PM
If I was closer I'd play, but too far I'm afraid.

Just bought a new putter, made an awfully big difference!!!

I know what you mean, I am finding it very dificult at the moment without one:D

Scottie
26th July 2007, 06:13 PM
can you no go here instead

http://www.paradiseislandgolf.com/

:cool: :cool:

I'd come along it's brillant.

AndyP & Lenore
26th July 2007, 06:15 PM
30th for me. I'm a definite for that date. ;)

A. :D

Craig
26th July 2007, 07:17 PM
I,m about to buy a set of clubs and start playing so put my name on the list:)

John,

can you confirm what of the 3 days you can defo make it ?

T6 KFR
26th July 2007, 09:52 PM
I might be up for a round of a gentlemans game!

As long as you lot arent playing off a handicap of 2:eek:

vintageb3
26th July 2007, 09:55 PM
Shhesh...Spoils a good walk...:rolleyes:

mark

Gismo
26th July 2007, 10:32 PM
I'm in, but, i can only manage the 20th Spetember :rolleyes: venue is ok

X30YES
26th July 2007, 11:38 PM
Golf ..pffffffffft http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X04wZpqx3U :rolleyes: ok I know its an old one

AndyP & Lenore
27th July 2007, 12:17 AM
I might be up for a round of a gentlemans game!

As long as you lot arent playing off a handicap of 2:eek:

Naw.:rolleyes: Don't be daft.;)

Scratch.:eek: :eek: :eek: ;) :D

<<<Wakes to hear alarm buzzing away.:D

A.:D

Craig
27th July 2007, 08:02 AM
Kev, don't worry, I don't think there are any tiger woods players in NMS so you'll be in good company..:D

Let me know what dates you can do.. ;)

PACMAN
27th July 2007, 08:20 AM
Naw.:rolleyes: Don't be daft.;)

Scratch.:eek: :eek:

<<<Wakes to hear alarm buzzing away.:D

is the handicap not the number of clubs you've got to carry around with you :confused: :p :D

Craig
27th July 2007, 09:06 AM
is the handicap not the number of clubs you've got to carry around with you :confused: :p :D

Carry ? :confused: :confused:

NEVER!!

:D

AndyP & Lenore
27th July 2007, 09:08 AM
Carry ? :confused: :confused:

NEVER!!

On that point.... Craig, will this be a "Buggy Day"?;) Or will be have to trolley our clubs (oh the hardship).:eek: :o

Craig
27th July 2007, 09:12 AM
On that point.... Craig, will this be a "Buggy Day"?;) Or will be have to trolley our clubs (oh the hardship).:eek: :o

that depends on cash, don't want to make it too expensive which would put people off, but it could defo be an option... we may have to use a course with more buggies tho as Auchterarder only has about 2 or 3...

what about the Ballesteros designed Westerwood Hotel, Golf and Country Club near Cumbernauld... Smashing Course and LOTS of buggies... Same sort of prices and straight off the A80... ?

Gismo
27th July 2007, 09:31 AM
Cumbernauld, too far for me mate, handicap = 7

PACMAN
27th July 2007, 09:32 AM
that depends on cash, don't want to make it too expensive which would put people off, but it could defo be an option... we may have to use a course with more buggies tho as Auchterarder only has about 2 or 3...

what about the Ballesteros designed Westerwood Hotel, Golf and Country Club near Cumbernauld... Smashing Course and LOTS of buggies... Same sort of prices and straight off the A80... ?

would it not be hard to write run notes for this as you will be in the ponds , forest .....offroad in the bunkers :eek: :p :D

Craig
27th July 2007, 09:39 AM
handicap = 7

:eek: :eek: :eek: jings you'll be a shark then.... ;)

Neil and Lorna
27th July 2007, 09:39 AM
Hi Craig.

30th for me please.:D

Neil. :D :D

Craig
27th July 2007, 10:47 AM
First Page updated.... thought there were more golfers tho... ;)

Gismo
27th July 2007, 10:51 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: jings you'll be a shark then.... ;)
Nope, that's you folks with the hundreds of strokes you get :rolleyes:

Gismo
27th July 2007, 10:54 AM
First Page updated.... thought there were more golfers tho... ;)
I tried to get one organised a while ago, only me and the long gone Willie M played :( good luck

Craig
27th July 2007, 11:48 AM
I tried to get one organised a while ago, only me and the long gone Willie M played :( good luck

aye, I remember trying to get a day off for that and got denied... :(

john
27th July 2007, 04:19 PM
John,

can you confirm what of the 3 days you can defo make it ?

Sadly no!!

I cannot confirm just yet as I am jetting of to OZ for work and the dates are not set in stone for the trip yet.

Burple
27th July 2007, 04:38 PM

No no.. it's having to dress up like a nonce so you fit in that's the handicap ;);):D:D:D:D

PACMAN
27th July 2007, 05:10 PM
No no.. it's having to dress up like a nonce so you fit in that's the handicap ;);):D:D:D:D

ahhhh :D:D:D

Craig
27th July 2007, 07:45 PM

I don't dress like you :confused:

;) :D

zimbo
27th July 2007, 08:07 PM
Just ignore Ewan Craig, he cant get clubs small enough to allow him to play thats all... :p:D

I am thinking about taking up Golf myself, and was thinking of getting myself some new clubs too. But not sure if folks want a rookie/novice playing? or I might be up for this.

AndyP & Lenore
27th July 2007, 09:50 PM
Just ignore Ewan Craig, he cant get clubs small enough to allow him to play thats all... :p:D

I am thinking about taking up Golf myself, and was thinking of getting myself some new clubs too. But not sure if folks want a rookie/novice playing? or I might be up for this.

Zimbo, if Craig gets enough folk saying "aye", I'm sure we can pair up intelligently with the novices/rookies paired with the likes of me = not a rookie, but crap anyway.

Neil and Lorna
27th July 2007, 11:50 PM

At least we dont have to wear hats to keep our nappers warm like you have to do.;) ;)

Neil.:D :D

john
28th July 2007, 10:02 AM

Im a rookie too!!

AndyP & Lenore
28th July 2007, 10:40 AM
Im a rookie too!!

Yeah, but how's your golf?:D :D :D ;)

Tarumpum dshhhhhhhhh.:D

I'll get my coat.:o

Craig
28th July 2007, 12:21 PM
to anyone thinking about coming, apart for Bonnie Scotland, most of us are fairly high handicaps, so don't worry about playing in the rough, we have ALL been there.. ;)

Ali, if your looking for Clubs, let me know as my mate owns and runs his own Golf Shop and could do you a VERY good deal... :D

john
28th July 2007, 09:05 PM
to anyone thinking about coming, apart for Bonnie Scotland, most of us are fairly high handicaps, so don't worry about playing in the rough, we have ALL been there.. ;)

Ali, if your looking for Clubs, let me know as my mate owns and runs his own Golf Shop and could do you a VERY good deal... :D

Too late I just bought a set today:)

zimbo
28th July 2007, 09:42 PM

Mmmm okey dokey Craig, well if I pop up to yours some time (over a weekend) could you and me take a trip to see your mate then & see whats what?

Just text me if you want or email me if its ok Craig.

Craig
28th July 2007, 11:42 PM
Mmmm okey dokey Craig, well if I pop up to yours some time (over a weekend) could you and me take a trip to see your mate then & see whats what?

Just text me if you want or email me if its ok Craig.

sent you a PM mate.

zimbo
29th July 2007, 07:36 PM
sent you a PM mate.

just replied to your PM mate.:D

Craig
29th July 2007, 09:35 PM
just replied to your PM mate.:D

All sorted mate - see you on Saturday.:D

Craig
2nd August 2007, 08:10 AM
Ok folks, as there doesn't appear to be any more interested, I am going to set a date and as most people who expressed an interest can do the 30th September, that will be the date.

Think we will go to Auchterarder and just walk... :D

If anyone else would like to go, just let me know.. ;)

Sorry BS, but hope you can make the 30th...

Gismo
2nd August 2007, 08:18 AM
Sorry BS, but hope you can make the 30th...
Nope, i'll be away in the USA, have a good time :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd August 2007, 10:42 AM
Now that a date has been set, I'll sticky this.

zimbo
5th August 2007, 05:22 PM
So we'll see you on the 30th then :D Is it ok if I invite my brother to come play as well Craig?

Craig
5th August 2007, 07:02 PM
So we'll see you on the 30th then :D Is it ok if I invite my brother to come play as well Craig?

Of course it is mate, not a problem. :D

Craig
5th August 2007, 07:15 PM
Update on page 1.

zimbo
19th August 2007, 11:36 AM
So Craig I take it this is the final tally of folks then? just the 7 of us. (Or 6 if my brother cant make it)

Craig
19th August 2007, 11:45 AM
yeah looks like it Ali, although I have some friends that can probably make it, so we will have 8 at least, maybe even 10 or 12 depending on what happens.. ;)

Might even get my mate that runs the golf shop to through in a couple of Prizes.. :D

zimbo
19th August 2007, 12:03 PM
This looks like its going to be a cracker of an outing mate. :D cant wait (to make an arse of myself... lol ).

Neil and Lorna
23rd August 2007, 02:53 PM
Craig

Judging by my performance on the putting green yesterday I may not be out of rehab by the end of September.;) ;)

3 putting is bad enough at the worst of times but 4 is nearing the extremes of ridiculousness. If you know what I mean.

Neil.:)

N12 JLK
23rd August 2007, 03:53 PM
can I bring Kerr's plastic clubs:)

Craig
23rd August 2007, 04:52 PM
Craig

Judging by my performance on the putting green yesterday I may not be out of rehab by the end of September.;) ;)

3 putting is bad enough at the worst of times but 4 is nearing the extremes of ridiculousness. If you know what I mean.

Neil.:)

yeah, know what you mean, Marky was cursing himself for his 3 putting, but a lot of those greens were inconsistent..:(

time to practice tho..;) :)

Craig
23rd August 2007, 04:52 PM
can I bring Kerr's plastic clubs:)

naw!

but you can carry my clubs if you want.. :p :D

zimbo
20th September 2007, 07:50 PM
So whats happening here then young man? Is this still on or not? :confused: either way will be ok with me coz I do have LOADS on my plate @ the moment anyway...:eek:

Craig
20th September 2007, 07:56 PM
So whats happening here then young man? Is this still on or not? :confused: either way will be ok with me coz I do have LOADS on my plate @ the moment anyway...:eek:

you must be reading my mind - all booked today. Details on first post.. :D

Craig
20th September 2007, 08:00 PM
Could those that have put their name down, let me know if you CAN'T go, otherwise I will take it you are attending. :D

I have booked for 8 in total, so I will hopefully fill up the numbers as we have 7 at the moment.

PLEASE let me know if you can't make it, as it gets quick expensive if people pull out at the last minute. Thanks :)

Meet at the club about 12:30hrs for a spot of lunch then golf from about 2:15. :cool:

markyc
21st September 2007, 08:42 PM
They'll be no three puttin on this outing :eek: :D ;)

zimbo
21st September 2007, 10:33 PM
Okey dokey then :D will see my brother tomorrow and se if he is still able to come and if not I'll let you know Craig. Is there going to be any prizes for last place or worst score etc, coz It'll be me who'll win that title :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
21st September 2007, 11:10 PM
Is there going to be any prizes for last place or worst score etc, coz It'll be me who'll win that title :rolleyes:

I wouldnt bet money on that one zimbo. You havent seen me play yet. ;)

zimbo
23rd September 2007, 08:17 PM
I wouldnt bet money on that one zimbo. You havent seen me play yet. ;)

Well we'll see Andy... :rolleyes: Craig any chance you can give me the address for the club with post code so I can sat-nav myself to the game please :D (havent a clue where it is...) oh and I can confirm it will be me and my brother turning up :D, will see you all on Sunday then... :p

Craig
24th September 2007, 08:10 AM
Well Done Ali....

Also spoke with John, Neil, Andy and Marky yesterday and they are confirmed, so we have 7. I will try and rustle up another 1 to make it 8.

The postcode is PH3 1LS. if you get lost tho, it's right next to Gleneagles.. ;)

Craig
25th September 2007, 05:37 PM
Thanks to AndyP we have our 8th player :D

and the weather for the weekend at the moment looks....:cool: :cool: :cool:

cannae wait :)

zimbo
25th September 2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks to AndyP we have our 8th player :D

and the weather for the weekend at the moment looks....:cool: :cool: :cool:

cannae wait :)

:cool: so long as its not a professional... I mean I dont want to be humiliated anymore than I am already going to be!! :D ;)

AndyP & Lenore
25th September 2007, 06:46 PM
:cool: so long as its not a professional... I mean I dont want to be humiliated anymore than I am already going to be!! :D ;)

He's not a pro Zimbo, but he does play a good game. To be honest, I think MarkyC and Ross will probably be in a league of their own.

Can't wait for the roasting from Craig for that comment.:D :D :D

A.;)

AndyP & Lenore
25th September 2007, 06:51 PM
Here's the link to the web site of the club.

Auchterarder Golf Club (http://www.auchterardergolf.co.uk/index.html)

Added to front page too, hope that is OK Craig.

A.;)

john
25th September 2007, 07:45 PM
I think the website is down:(

AndyP & Lenore
25th September 2007, 07:50 PM
I think the website is down:(

Just went straight to it John. Working for me.

A.:confused:

vintageb3
25th September 2007, 08:03 PM
Here's the link to the web site of the club.

Auchterarder Golf Club (http://www.auchterardergolf.co.uk/index.html)

Added to front page too, hope that is OK Craig.

A.;)

Pwee...a minnow of a club!:rolleyes:

This is where I'm spending this coming weekend...at my club old boy;) :

http://www.formbyhallgolfclub.co.uk/index.php

And the great thing is????

I'm not even going to swing a golf racquet!:D

OK...I also have to work while I'm there....but for a second you thought I was arriving in a limo???:(

mark:D

Scottie
25th September 2007, 08:44 PM
Pwee...a minnow of a club!:rolleyes:

This is where I'm spending this coming weekend...at my club old boy;) :

http://www.formbyhallgolfclub.co.uk/index.php

And the great thing is????

I'm not even going to swing a golf racquet!:D

OK...I also have to work while I'm there....but for a second you thought I was arriving in a limo???:(

mark:D

you could visit mikethemini:D

vintageb3
25th September 2007, 08:58 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Don't tempt me :eek:

Already going to Lohen to empty piggybank:(

mark

john
25th September 2007, 09:14 PM
Just went straight to it John. Working for me.

A.:confused:

It still does not work for me :(

AndyP & Lenore
25th September 2007, 09:46 PM
It still does not work for me :(

Really strange John, 'cos it's working fine here. Tried the link on both PC's (in case this PC was just drawing the page out of cache. But it is linking fine from both our PC's here.

A.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Craig
25th September 2007, 09:47 PM
He's not a pro Zimbo, but he does play a good game. To be honest, I think MarkyC and Ross will probably be in a league of their own.

Can't wait for the roasting from Craig for that comment.:D :D :D

A.;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: Marky is Pi$$ at the moment, so it will just be Ross...

oh.......... and Me...! ;)

AndyP & Lenore
25th September 2007, 09:50 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Marky is Pi$$ at the moment, so it will just be Ross...

oh.......... and Me...! ;)

don't kid yersefl

A.;) :D :eek:

Craig
25th September 2007, 09:52 PM
I scored better than Marky on the last outing a few weeks ago.. :D mind you, he could hit a coo's ar$e with a banjo that day.. :eek: ;) :)

john
25th September 2007, 10:07 PM
Really strange John, 'cos it's working fine here. Tried the link on both PC's (in case this PC was just drawing the page out of cache. But it is linking fine from both our PC's here.

A.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Just tried again and though google NO joy :(

Neil and Lorna
25th September 2007, 10:33 PM
Link worked fine for me.

Had a wee look at the holes. There is quite a lot of oob on the course.:eek:

Pah, Ross bring on the challenge.:D :D

Neil. :) :)

john
25th September 2007, 10:38 PM
Drat!!:eek:

I finally got the link to work:eek:

coarse looks easy:cool:

NOT!!

zimbo
27th September 2007, 07:03 PM
:eek: just looked at the website, what have I let myself in for....

Craig
27th September 2007, 11:08 PM
I have played the course twice in 2 years, and to be honest it isn't that bad. It is fairly level and also is only a par 66 so not very long, perfect for beginners.. ;)

AndyP & Lenore
27th September 2007, 11:19 PM
I have played the course twice in 2 years, and to be honest it isn't that bad. It is fairly level and also is only a par 66 so not very long, perfect for beginners.. ;)

Aye, you'll be ok then Craig.;) :D

Craig
27th September 2007, 11:22 PM
Aye, you'll be ok then Craig.;) :D

low blow there...:( nearly as bad as spending over the odds for JCW kit.. :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

AndyP & Lenore
27th September 2007, 11:27 PM
low blow there...:( nearly as bad as spending over the odds for JCW kit.. :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

LOL.:D

Now dinnae start going off-topic in your own thread.;) :eek: :rolleyes: You wanna start bashing the JCW kit, could I suggest you start another thread. Actually, no. Don't bother. You'll be bashing it enough on Sunday.

A.;)

zimbo
29th September 2007, 05:23 PM
Well we'll see you guys tomorrow... Not sure if were going to be up in time for lunch or not, but I'll text you and let you know Craig ok.

lets hope for good weather :D

Craig
29th September 2007, 05:54 PM
Ok ALi, no worries, I never booked anything for lunch, just a turn up and and what you want.. :D

For anyone interested in having a bite to eat, myself and Marky are aiming to be there for 12:30hrs to have a leisurely lunch and then a bit of putting practice.. :cool:

Just been at the driving range and tomorrow is going to be horrid if today was anything to go by.. :rolleyes: :)

john
29th September 2007, 06:06 PM
Ok ALi, no worries, I never booked anything for lunch, just a turn up and and what you want.. :D

For anyone interested in having a bite to eat, myself and Marky are aiming to be there for 12:30hrs to have a leisurely lunch and then a bit of putting practice.. :cool:

Just been at the driving range and tomorrow is going to be horrid if today was anything to go by.. :rolleyes: :)

Practice??? and me and Ali thought it was a friendly match.:eek:

Serious is it?

OK just nipping round to see if Paul is free to be my partner.

No not wee Paul:confused: Mr Lawrie:D

john
29th September 2007, 06:07 PM
Well we'll see you guys tomorrow... Not sure if were going to be up in time for lunch or not, but I'll text you and let you know Craig ok.

lets hope for good weather :D

I could pick you up on the way if you want?

Craig
29th September 2007, 06:08 PM
Practice??? and me and Ali thought it was a friendly match.:eek:

Serious is it?

OK just nipping round to see if Paul is free to be my partner.

No not wee Paul:confused: Mr Lawrie:D

Of course it is friendly, just need to get my bones moving after sitting in an office all week... Not played in ages also..

Teams are....

Team1 - Ali and his brother, Neil and Andy.

Team2 - Craig, Marky, John and Ross.

Ok with everyone? :cool:

john
29th September 2007, 06:10 PM
Of course it is friendly, just need to get my bones moving after sitting in an office all week... Not played in ages also..

Teams are....

OK with me but I feel sorry for Craig and Marky;)

AndyP & Lenore
29th September 2007, 07:07 PM

Teams are....

Fine with Me.;)

Just spoke to Ross and he's fine with that too.;)

Spoke to Neil and he says the same.;)

zimbo
29th September 2007, 07:29 PM
Yeah that will be ok with me. I agree with John, I thought this was a friendly NMS golf outing & not a tournament or something like that!!! LOL :D I mean practice! whats that? This will be my 1st round for about 2-3 years...

So Andy & Neil you will have to have a LOT of patience etc with me ok, I'm not kidding either :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
29th September 2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah that will be ok with me. I agree with John, I thought this was a friendly NMS golf outing & not a tournament or something like that!!! LOL :D I mean practice! whats that? This will be my 1st round for about 2-3 years...

So Andy & Neil you will have to have a LOT of patience etc with me ok, I'm not kidding either :rolleyes:

Zimbo you really don't need to worry. Neil is a more accomlished player than me, but he's still sh!te at times.:eek: :D :D

Neil and Lorna
29th September 2007, 08:04 PM
Looking forward to tomorrow.:D :D

This might be the only time that we may be able to out drive Mr Barrie on occasion.;)

Neil.:) :D :) :D :eek:

AndyP & Lenore
29th September 2007, 08:41 PM
Neil, Ross and I are leaving about 10.30Am tomorrow Craig. Neil's driving, so I can have a snooze on the way up and on the way back down. I like to be well rested before a game of golf.

See you for a spot of lunch at 12.30ish.;) :cool:

A.;)

Craig
29th September 2007, 08:44 PM
Ali, it's defo just fun, and to be honest, we can all play crap.. ;)

it's all about getting out there and enjoying yourself. :cool:

See you for lunch Andy/Neil/Ross..

By the way, forgot to say the price for the Golf is £15, if you could give it to me when you arrive and I can pay the fees.. Ta :cool:

AndyP & Lenore
29th September 2007, 08:51 PM
Ali, it's defo just fun, and to be honest, we can all play crap.. ;)

it's all about getting out there and enjoying yourself. :cool:

See you for lunch Andy/Neil/Ross..

By the way, forgot to say the price for the Golf is £15, if you could give it to me when you arrive and I can pay the fees.. Ta :cool:

Just spoke to Neil He's skint right now so can he put a cheque in the post?

A.

N12 JLK
29th September 2007, 10:42 PM
News just in=
Its to be pishing it doon all day tomorrow with gale force winds ;)

Im just jealous as Im bloody painting again.:mad:
Sent Lesley out today to get me some new clubs, she came back with the 9 and 6 of clubs.

zimbo
30th September 2007, 09:40 AM
Well it's D day... or should that be 'G' day :D and the weathers looking pretty good from where I'm sitting, lets hope it stays this way. See you guys soon.

Craig
30th September 2007, 09:43 AM
Yeah, the weather has to be clear, hardly any wind and not too hot, so PERFECT for golf..:D :D

See you on the course..... FOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRR! :cool:

AndyP & Lenore
30th September 2007, 09:48 AM
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRR! :cool:

Ya big SH!TE. You nearly hit me with that slice.:eek: :eek: :eek: :mad:

A.

Craig
30th September 2007, 09:49 AM
Ya big SH!TE. You nearly hit me with that slice.:eek: :eek: :eek: :mad:

A.

LOL!!!

there could be more of that today...:D

AndyP & Lenore
30th September 2007, 11:09 PM
Well, what can I say. Great day out with the lads. Some good golf, unfortunately not from me. Well done to Ross on your well earned score. And well done also to Zimbo for sticking with it. Some cracking shots in the back 9 there Alastair. Huuuuuuge improvement after a few holes. Just mind and keep your head down. ;)

John - if you're a deep core driller operator type bloke, does that make you Harry Stamper out of Armageddon? And if so, who's AJ?

A.;)

john
1st October 2007, 09:38 AM
Well, what can I say. Great day out with the lads. Some good golf, unfortunately not from me. Well done to Ross on your well earned score. And well done also to Zimbo for sticking with it. Some cracking shots in the back 9 there Alastair. Huuuuuuge improvement after a few holes. Just mind and keep your head down. ;)

John - if you're a deep core driller operator type bloke, does that make you Harry Stamper out of Armageddon? And if so, who's AJ?

A.;)

You lost me at 'John':confused:

Great day out, I now see the attraction for rambling (as I did a bit of it):D

I was not all bad as I got the longest drive (Twice)

1st time cos Aberdeen is a long drive ;)

Second time with a short drive but I was the only one on the fairway:rolleyes:

Did not lose my ball and I even managed to put the ball exactly where I predicted at one point!!! ( I said it was going in the bunker! and it did:D )

All in all well worth the run down there.

Thanks Mark for cleaning my Balls:)

Craig
1st October 2007, 04:39 PM
Cracking day out folks, and only my second sub 90 round.. :cool:

think we will need to have a spring outing and see how the over a hundred club are progressing.. :D

Well done to John and Ali for pushing through the hard holes and still enjoying it.. ;)

zimbo
1st October 2007, 08:00 PM
Yeah my brother and I had a great day thank you. Hopefully the next outing I'll try and get into double figures... :D :rolleyes:

Neil, Andy thank you for the advice given through out the session.

I think a LOT of practice is in order before the next NMS event.

John thanks for keeping me company in the triple figures... :D

john
1st October 2007, 09:10 PM
Yeah my brother and I had a great day thank you. Hopefully the next outing I'll try and get into double figures... :D :rolleyes:

Neil, Andy thank you for the advice given through out the session.

I think a LOT of practice is in order before the next NMS event.

I was confused, I thought the Highest score would win:rolleyes:

zimbo
1st October 2007, 09:20 PM
I was confused, I thought the Highest score would win:rolleyes:

Yeah well so was I... Mmmm looks like I (we) have a lot to learn :rolleyes::o:D

AndyP & Lenore
1st October 2007, 09:32 PM

:o :o :o Don't forget about my score.:o :o :o You and John weren't alone.:o :o :o

john
1st October 2007, 10:20 PM
:o :o :o Don't forget about my score.:o :o :o You and John weren't alone.:o :o :o

What was it?

AndyP & Lenore
1st October 2007, 11:10 PM
What was it?

Oh thats just charming. You're forcing me into a public humiliation, asking me to out my score. Well thats just fine Mr Barrie, but don't you forget, the first opperchancity I get to embarrass you in your peer group I'm gonna jump at it.:eek: ;)

112:o :o :o But in my defence I've only been playing about 8 years.:(

john
1st October 2007, 11:40 PM
Oh thats just charming. You're forcing me into a public humiliation, asking me to out my score. Well thats just fine Mr Barrie, but don't you forget, the first opperchancity I get to embarrass you in your peer group I'm gonna jump at it.:eek: ;)

112:o :o :o But in my defence I've only been playing about 8 years.:(

All you needed to do was PM your score:D

No way would I publicly post my 144 score:eek:

AndyP & Lenore
1st October 2007, 11:42 PM
All you needed to do was PM your score:D

If I'd scored as high as 112 I wouldn't tell anyone either.:rolleyes:

LOL.:D ;)

zimbo
2nd October 2007, 07:19 PM

"HA HA" :D ...ok I'm just kidding, seeing as you've both posted yours i guess better post mine :D, 143 lol

Next outing and I'm going to try to get into the double figures, thats my goal!!! :D

Craig
2nd October 2007, 07:22 PM
"HA HA" :D ...ok I'm just kidding, seeing as you've both posted yours i guess better post mine :D, 143 lol

Next outing and I'm going to try to get into the double figures, thats my goal!!! :D

good for you Ali, :D

it's always good to have a goal with the golf, 'cos you can get very down if you don't believe... :D Also play as much as you can, that way you will make more progress.. :cool: