PDA

View Full Version : Signature Picture

weefossy
23rd July 2007, 10:00 PM
I have been try all night to change the picture on my signature. When I get it down to 2KB it appears too small to see. What am i doing wrong? Am I going for too much resolution? If anyone wants to help, this is "surprisingly" the picture I want to change to. To be honest it was the only one Sioban would let me use:o ;)
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/FM69.jpg

AndyP & Lenore
23rd July 2007, 10:13 PM
Malcolm, it really doesn't have to be 2.0KB. I'm pretty sure that is a mistake on the site. From memory, Calum was gonna have a look at that issue.

As long as it is re sized down to a max of 500 X 100pixels it should be fine and it should still upload. If it wont upload, you can always stick it on Photobucket and link to it from the Edit Signature section in your control panel.

Hope that helps.

AndyP;)

weefossy
31st July 2007, 10:36 PM
OK I'm going mad.....I've waisted 2 nights trying to get this signature on using both HP image zone and photoshop. Tried loading direct or via photobucket and I can't get it to accept the size of the picture which is a lot less than some of the other signature pictures I have checked. I manged to get the old sunset one of the car on before, but this beyond me. When I do get down to an accepted size the quality of the pic is useless.
Is there anyone out there that can resize the picture on this thread to an acceptable size and quality?

AeroJonny
31st July 2007, 11:06 PM
Gimme a shot malcolm, can't hurt...well not too much I hope;)

Burple
31st July 2007, 11:33 PM
Or bung it my way :)
I'll butcher it with Photoshop :D:D

AndyP & Lenore
31st July 2007, 11:46 PM
And a third offer from me Malcom. Anytime.

A.:D

X30YES
1st August 2007, 10:14 AM
Try Paint or windows image resizer http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

11th one down on the RHS

weefossy
6th August 2007, 08:27 PM
Thanks for all the offers of help. It is much appreciated and much needed. Can you work from this photo.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/FMSig69.jpg

AndyP & Lenore
6th August 2007, 08:36 PM
How about this one?

It meets the maximum size on height.

http://www.reachercreatures.com/fun_stuff/weefossypic_sig.jpg

If you want to use it, just right click and chose "Save Picture As..." Save the picture then upload it to photobucket and stick it in your signature.

Gismo
6th August 2007, 08:39 PM
Malcolm, not much to work with there i'm afraid, especially if you want the whole car in, but, try http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=52&stc=1&d=1186429090

Scottie
6th August 2007, 08:41 PM
don't think it's so much the car he wants in the pic BS.;) :p :D

weefossy
6th August 2007, 08:55 PM
Fiona, I could really be offended if it wasn't true;)

Sorry Alan, Andy, but tried uploading via photobucket and both were refused cause they were too big. Same problem as I was having.

Gismo
6th August 2007, 09:00 PM
Hmm, the piccie i made has defaulted to 510 x 200, very strange

AndyP & Lenore
6th August 2007, 09:01 PM
Malcolm, dont use the UPLOAD option. In the white entry field where you would enter the text for your signature, click the "Insert Image" icon, then in the wee box that opens up, paste in the URL to the file on Photobucket.

If you wish, PM me your phone number and I'll talk you through it.:D

A.;)

Gismo
6th August 2007, 09:07 PM
Malcolm, because the image you posted is way higher than it is wide it limits what can be done with the overall piccie, have you got a full sized picture?? if so, post it up and i'll see what can be done with it

weefossy
6th August 2007, 10:26 PM
Alan, here is full photo. Andy, I'm off to bed, cause I'm up early. Will try what you suggested tomorrow. Thanks for all your help guys. By the time I succeed, I'll be fed up with the photo!:D :eek:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/Fullphoto.jpg

AndyP & Lenore
6th August 2007, 10:33 PM
Malcolm, that should deffo work, 'cos I just did it myself, and put it in my own signature strip. Took it out again, but it did work for me.

A.;)

Gismo
7th August 2007, 08:05 AM
Malcolm, that should deffo work, 'cos I just did it myself, and put it in my own signature strip. Took it out again, but it did work for me.

A.;)
I think what Malcolm wants is the full sized sig, ie, 500 x 100 pixels, but, soz, that can't work with this piccie, however, if he's happy enough to go for the correct height, then what you did is ok, but, it won't be anywhere near the 500 pixels wide.

For future reference, the way you need to take this type of picture to be used as a sig, you should turn the camera through 90 degrees, that way it gives the length x width ratio.
Note, it doesn't work the same as rotating the image :rolleyes:

X30YES
7th August 2007, 09:06 AM
Ive tried to crop and reduce it etc and it looks odd ...be better if you had one taken from a distance that way you could cut out all the extra background and resize it to proportion .

GAJ
7th August 2007, 09:07 AM
Surely if you turn the camera 90 dgs the image will be taller than it is long (portrait) on an average camera, For a signature, you want an image that is longer than tall (landscape)???

If all you want is a cropped section 500 x 100 I don't suppose what way you hold the camera is important as the resolution of all modern cameras is way more than this. Just make sure you take a suitable snap!;)

AndyP & Lenore
7th August 2007, 09:26 AM
I think what Malcolm wants is the full sized sig, ie, 500 x 100 pixels, but, soz, that can't work with this piccie, however, if he's happy enough to go for the correct height, then what you did is ok, but, it won't be anywhere near the 500 pixels wide.

For future reference, the way you need to take this type of picture to be used as a sig, you should turn the camera through 90 degrees, that way it gives the length x width ratio.
Note, it doesn't work the same as rotating the image :rolleyes:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Surely if you turn the camera 90 dgs the image will be taller than it is long (portrait) on an average camera, For a signature, you want an image that is longer than tall (landscape)???

If all you want is a cropped section 500 x 100 I don't suppose what way you hold the camera is important as the resolution of all modern cameras is way more than this. Just make sure you take a suitable snap!;)

Yeah. What he said.;)

Gismo
7th August 2007, 09:50 AM
Hmm, i didn't explain it very well, but, i know what i mean :o .............but, as Angus has suggested, there are other ways

weefossy
7th August 2007, 09:57 PM
Well Andy it defo worked, but a tad large. I wll work on getting image smaller. but at least it took the file size.

AndyP & Lenore
7th August 2007, 10:05 PM
Malcolm, the shrunk pic I did for you is saved at http://www.reachercreatures.com/fun_stuff/weefossypic_sig.jpg

Click that link and it will open the pic.

You really need to save that pic yourself though, stick it in photobucket and then use your own link, 'cos sooner or later I'll accidentally delete your pic and you're snookered again.

Like I said, gimme a number and I'll call you if you like. No problem.:)

weefossy
7th August 2007, 10:19 PM
Andy, thanks again for all your help. I managed to resize it and load it using your original instructions, So you can loose the photo you stored for me.
I won't be changing it for a long time, by which time I'll have forgotten how to do it again.......Doh!
It's a bit like that other thing Sioban goes on about:D :rolleyes: ;)

AndyP & Lenore
7th August 2007, 10:26 PM
Andy, thanks again for all your help. I managed to resize it and load it using your original instructions, So you can loose the photo you stored for me.
I won't be changing it for a long time, by which time I'll have forgotten how to do it again.......Doh!
It's a bit like that other thing Sioban goes on about:D :rolleyes: ;)

LOL. Glad you got it sorted Malcolm.

<<<<<Off to write a tutorial on signature pics.

A.;)

jeekster
13th August 2007, 08:21 PM
Hi just happened across this thread, wondered if anyone would be able to help me sort out signature thing, am rubbish on pc :eek: spent ages in microsoft site trying to work out wot to do and gave up :confused:

Any help would be gratefully received :D :D

jacqui :D

AndyP & Lenore
13th August 2007, 08:32 PM
Hi just happened across this thread, wondered if anyone would be able to help me sort out signature thing, am rubbish on pc :eek: spent ages in microsoft site trying to work out wot to do and gave up :confused:

Any help would be gratefully received :D :D

jacqui :D

I'll help in any way I can.;)

What is it your having trouble with?:confused: Is it getting the picture to be the right size? Or actually uploading it to newminiscotland.co.uk?

A.

Mini Ecosse
13th August 2007, 09:09 PM
LOL. Glad you got it sorted Malcolm.

<<<<<Off to write a tutorial on signature pics.

A.;)

Silly me, also having trouble with sig pics:o

Where's this tutorial please

AndyP & Lenore
13th August 2007, 09:14 PM
Silly me, also having trouble with sig pics:o

Where's this tutorial please

Haven't got round to it yet. Maybe by the end of the week. Happy to help on a case-by-case basis just now though.

Mini Ecosse
13th August 2007, 09:27 PM
Haven't got round to it yet. Maybe by the end of the week. Happy to help on a case-by-case basis just now though.

You have a PM

AndyP & Lenore
13th August 2007, 10:03 PM
You have a PM

Cheers Stephen,

Glad I was able to help.

A.;)

jeekster
15th August 2007, 09:53 PM
I'll help in any way I can.;)

What is it your having trouble with?:confused: Is it getting the picture to be the right size? Or actually uploading it to newminiscotland.co.uk?

A.

Am embarassed to admit but all of it lol :o :D me and pc's dont mix very well :eek: i have a couple of pics that i could use. I could email you them :confused: :D I'll await your instruction lol

AndyP & Lenore
16th August 2007, 09:30 AM
Am embarassed to admit but all of it lol :o :D me and pc's dont mix very well :eek: i have a couple of pics that i could use. I could email you them :confused: :D I'll await your instruction lol

You have a PM.

A.;)

Fairy
16th August 2007, 02:31 PM
Hiya guys,

I also dinnae know the process of first re-sizing the pics on my pc and then adding a photo to my signature :mad: Yes I know blonde and female......let the jokes start....but hey I can drive my 'S' like Colin McCrae!!! :eek: :D
Can some1 'pm' me too!!! :) Thanks! :D

Big Gordy
16th August 2007, 02:55 PM
but hey I can drive my 'S' like Colin McCrae!!!

Who's he :confused:
I've heard of a bloke called Colin McRae tho:D ;) :p :cool:

Fairy
16th August 2007, 03:04 PM
Who's he :confused:
I've heard of a bloke called Colin McRae tho:D ;) :p :cool:

:D :D Yeah Yeah...Ok.....Spot the spelling mistake - I know!!! Look...am @ work so can only sneak on here & rush thru my message!!
Dinnae u lot take the p**s now, I'll cry!!! :eek:

Hee hee :D

Big Gordy
16th August 2007, 08:02 PM
That's OK Fairy:D I'm the spelling police and Big Col is the grammer police:p;):cool:

Scottie
16th August 2007, 08:35 PM
That's OK Fairy:D I'm the spelling police and Big Col is the grammer police:p;):cool:

Big Col who is he.:confused: :confused: ;) :rolleyes:

Big Gordy
16th August 2007, 09:07 PM
Think he's now a hairdresser:D

AndyP & Lenore
16th August 2007, 10:52 PM
Drifting off-topic folks!:confused:

X30YES
17th August 2007, 11:03 AM
Drifting off-topic folks!:confused:
:eek:
Pots n kettles spring to mind :D

AndyP & Lenore
17th August 2007, 12:44 PM
:eek:
Pots n kettles spring to mind :D

They don't spring to my mind. Just re-read the thread and don't see where I've drifted off-topic.:confused: :confused:

Explain yerself Mr Boyes:confused: :p :D

Fairy
23rd August 2007, 01:11 PM
Eh Guys......Still needin instruction!!! :p

Burple
23rd August 2007, 02:05 PM

Check your PMs... :)

AndyP & Lenore
23rd August 2007, 11:49 PM

Sorry Fairy, missed your post.

I see L & L has PM'd you, so if you need any other help, just let me know.

Cheers,

A.;)

sh@z
1st November 2007, 08:10 PM
Right I'm having a bit of a issue with the signatures on the site.

I have uploaded them to my own webspace, they are 75px x 500px, and are 33kb for the one that site, and 15kb for the one i resized to slightly smaller. And when I put the URL into the site then im told the remote file was too large?!?!?!?!

They are here if anyone wants a look

http://nsanity.co.uk/rx8/signature/rx8sig2.gif

I've noticed some people have sigs of the similar size, but are nearing 100kb :S

monsta mo mini admin
2nd November 2007, 10:27 PM
Shaz, try resizing them to 468x68. If that doesn't work, drop me a line.