PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 500 configurator...

zimbo
22nd July 2007, 09:12 AM
Has anyone been onto the new Fiat 500 configurator? I was on there yesterday and its brilliant, the choice of colours is really good, wide choice of colours for the seats as well, etc etc... Think it was on Fiat 500.com (http://www.fiat500.com/eng/index.asp?par=ind)

Choice of three engines, looks very very nice if your into retro style type cars :D I cant believe how much it looks like the classic 500 but obviously the modern safer version.

euan
22nd July 2007, 11:08 AM
My missus is after one when they come out, it's between that and a Suzuki Swift.

I reckon the 500 is going to be a cracking wee car, could sort Fiat out nicely!

Actually, just spent a bit of time on the Fiat site, you can do SO much with that configurator!

Burple
23rd July 2007, 09:54 AM
Very interesting.... ;):D

Anybody hear any more about the pricing of the 500 range? Last I heard they were going to be starting at about £7k! Ouch! A lot more than on the European market I bet!

KenL
23rd July 2007, 11:16 AM
Very interesting.... ;):D

Anybody hear any more about the pricing of the 500 range? Last I heard they were going to be starting at about £7k! Ouch! A lot more than on the European market I bet!

I think they are about the same price as a ONE.

euan
23rd July 2007, 11:18 AM
I read it would start at approx 8K up to 11.5K for the hot(if 100bhp is ever hot?) version. Which is a bit more than you'll pay for the equivalent Panda, as the base price for a hot Panda is 10K.

Still, I wouldn't buy a Panda, but I would buy a 500, even with a 1.5K overhead for the privalidge.

ianking
23rd July 2007, 12:15 PM
New 500 looks very smart indeed.
I want, I want.

A nice red Arbath would be nice with the italian pin stripe over the bonnet and roof.

euan
23rd July 2007, 01:44 PM
Arbath version to come, rumours on the net suggest it'll have closer to 140BHP.

Burple
23rd July 2007, 02:23 PM
Arbath version to come, rumours on the net suggest it'll have closer to 140BHP.

Hmm.. now that would be a lot of fun...
As tempting and a new diesel Cooper might be, I still really don't fancy the looks of the R56 at all:( (or my new kids book - 'BMW: How to turn an evolutionary Icon into a Fisher-Price piece of crap') ;);):p:D

Obviously the build quality is still in question (it*IS* a Fiat after all) ;) But they might be worth checking out..

euan
23rd July 2007, 02:38 PM
Apparently the Panda build has been ok, but as you say it's still a Fiat.

Evo have the Panda 100 on long term test (it replaced the 360 bhp Mustang they had!) and they don't seem to have any major gripes after 3 months.

The more I look at them the more I'm convinced - 35-40MPG, low tax, decent discount at the dealer off list price (don't try that in a BMW dealer...), great handling, smart styling and lots of configuration options.

She originally fancied a Suzuki Swift, but the Fiat will be a cheaper car to run. Particularly if I get my way and get the 100bhp version with big alloys ;-) One set of the optionals look a lot like the ones on the GP.

Burple
23rd July 2007, 05:16 PM
She originally fancied a Suzuki Swift, but the Fiat will be a cheaper car to run. Particularly if I get my way and get the 100bhp version with big alloys ;-) One set of the optionals look a lot like the ones on the GP.

Lol.. yeah I like that... 'Big' alloys on this car are 16"s :D:D:D:D
I've configured a few of them now (shame I can't see a heated seats option ;)) in red, white and 'punk grey', and I have to confess I ticked a lot of the boxes..

I'm averaging about 38.5 mpg in the One just now, but I'm sure I can make that go up significantly by taking it much more easy on the country roads ;):D but where's the fun in that? If the 1.4 Sport version can compete.. I might at least have to go for a test drive..
Shame the Fiat dealer round here is an Arnold Crap :mad::(

The Dogfather
23rd July 2007, 05:42 PM
The Abarth will have at least 150Bhp (1.4 Turbo) there's a video of one on the Ring being tested. Sounds great. The car is being built in Poland alongside it's sister the new Ka. The prices are still to be confirmed but expect it to undercut the MINI by a significant amount.

I would seriously consider swapping the Smart for an Abarth.

monsta mo mini admin
23rd July 2007, 08:20 PM
It's going to be priced about the same as a ONE. Just ask yourself this - would you spend £11k on a very small FIAT? Depreciates faster than a lead balloon and despite recent improvements in build quality, they're still not on par with anything German.

Also, is there the same nostalga for the 500 as for the MINI in the UK and in particular mainland Europe? Italians tend not to spend money on new cars. Cool car though!

Duncan Stewart
23rd July 2007, 08:48 PM
A very smart looking little car :cool: Will to need to see the prices to see if its good value, but I doubt there will be discounts if demand is high.
But no way would I prefer it to a Mini :D

euan
23rd July 2007, 10:08 PM
It's going to be priced about the same as a ONE. Just ask yourself this - would you spend £11k on a very small FIAT? Depreciates faster than a lead balloon and despite recent improvements in build quality, they're still not on par with anything German.

The 100bhp version will be the same as a ONE, the base model will be much cheaper, the diesel will be less as well.

I take the point on depreciation, but how many people on here bought a MINI because it wouldn't depreciate? I know I bought mine because it was a great car and was pretty cool as well.

AndyP & Lenore
23rd July 2007, 10:18 PM
The 100bhp version will be the same as a ONE, the base model will be much cheaper, the diesel will be less as well.

I take the point on depreciation, but how many people on here bought a MINI because it wouldn't depreciate? I know I bought mine because it was a great car and was pretty cool as well.

True euan, but I think it's a case of ticking boxes when deciding what brand to purchase and what to side-step. I know we wouldn't have spent anything like we do on our MINI's if we didn't have confidence in the brand's ability to retain it's value over a number of years.

I tend to agree with MMMA, if I was stood in a road with a MINI dealership and a FIAT dealership, I know which one I'd go for.;)

Had a wee looky at that configurator thingymabob. Looks cool. Not sure about the car. Although I think it suits the personalisation (bonnet stripes, roof stripes, contrast roof etc., etc) much better than the Suzuki Swift.

A.:D

The Dogfather
23rd July 2007, 10:19 PM
Agreed, if you're talking about Europe and especially Italy the 500 invokes as much if not more nostalgia as the MINI. In the UK won't be the same level of affection for the 500 however, there will be a demand for an alternative to the MINI which is now overpriced. As a result if the build quality is as good as some are saying then I would expect the resale to hold up.

The Alfa GT and Brera are good examples of stylish Italian cars with strong residuals, I'd expect the same of the 500. Personally I think its far more stylish than the R56. I would expect it to undercut or out equip the MINI.

AndyP & Lenore
23rd July 2007, 10:22 PM
..... I would expect it to undercut or out equip the MINI.

But will it out-perform (any) MINI?:confused:

A.

The Dogfather
23rd July 2007, 10:25 PM
Pound for Pound it might, the Abarth will probably fall between a Cooper and Cooper S for performance and price.

Scottie
23rd July 2007, 11:00 PM
not bothered about the car didn't even know they were bringing it back.:D If I was I wouldn't care if it held any value as when you buy any car all your doing is loosing money.;) Wonder when they will bring the bubble car back do you remember them.?

Scottie
23rd July 2007, 11:03 PM
seems to me manufacturers are running out of ideas on what to build.:D

AeroJonny
24th July 2007, 01:23 AM
yeah, it's becoming like fashion...going round in circles. At least 80s cars arent coming back in ;)

AndyP & Lenore
24th July 2007, 07:09 AM
yeah, it's becoming like fashion...going round in circles. At least 80s cars arent coming back in ;)

Oh I dunno..... This could make a comeback yet:

http://timesonline.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/04/11/life_on_mars_car.jpg

A.;)

ianking
24th July 2007, 08:51 AM
Andy im pretty sure thats a 70's car.

s15gma
24th July 2007, 09:33 AM
If there's 11k burning a hole in a bank balance, come and see me and get a brand new Corsa Sxi 1.4 for that with upgraded 17"s on it!!!

Or if the balance is closer to £15k, Corsa VXR territory - 190 bhp outta baby 1.6 turbo. Gorgeous wee buzz bomb. C'mon!!!!!:D

Big Gordy
24th July 2007, 09:45 AM
If there's 11k burning a hole in a bank balance, come and see me and get a brand new Corsa Sxi 1.4 for that with upgraded 17"s on it!!!

CORSA:eek: :eek:
There's never a moderator around when you need someone banned for offensive language on this site:mad: ;) :p :D

ianking
24th July 2007, 10:00 AM

Or if the balance is closer to £15k, Corsa VXR territory - 190 bhp outta baby 1.6 turbo. Gorgeous wee buzz bomb. C'mon!!!!!:D

I fancy the new 4 door vxr V8 monster. Dont think I could run that every day for my 80 mile round trip though.

vintageb3
24th July 2007, 10:14 AM
Just looks like a laughing Cavalier to me Ian...:eek:

I fancy this::D

http://www.forbesautos.com/gallery/2007/bentley/continental_gtc/

hmmmm....:cool:

or this:

http://car-reviews.automobile.com/Chrysler/picture/topless-chrysler-300c-wows-auto-show-goers-and-chrysler-execs-alike/1091/

hmmmmm mmmm mmmm:cool: :cool:

mark