PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear Polar Special

AndyP & Lenore
21st July 2007, 07:01 PM
Just saw an ad on telly for this. Had a look at the Top Gear web site (http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/) and sure enough, there's a Top Gear Polar Special on Wednesday 25th & Sunday 29th July at 8pm both days. BBC2 as usual.

Cool.:cool: :D :eek: ;)

No pun intended.

A.:D

Scottie
21st July 2007, 08:33 PM
is that July.?

AndyP & Lenore
21st July 2007, 08:43 PM
is that July.?

Aye;) :D :D :D

N12 JLK
24th July 2007, 09:03 PM
need to watch it on a portable as the plasmas all packed for the move on Friday, mind you i could get my binoculars:D

Scottie
25th July 2007, 11:33 PM
how good was that:cool:

Craig
26th July 2007, 08:26 AM
it was a good laugh, but hammond always gets the hardest jobs....;)

AndyP & Lenore
26th July 2007, 09:03 AM
It was good, but it had a kind of strange ending. Even though Clarkson and Captain slow beat him, I thought they'd show you Hammond arriving and them having a laugh etc. Shame really.:(

A.

MINI William
26th July 2007, 06:56 PM
was good some quite funnt bits as per.but yeah we should have seen hamster at the north pole

Scottie
27th July 2007, 06:42 PM
not surprised really.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/13538/Top-Gear-team-in-hot-water-over-Pole-race

stupid gits oh and I like their 4x4 owners comments.

Unfortunately, Top Gear presenters and their producers represent your typical 4x4 driver.

think our next run needs to be to the north pole then.

AndyP & Lenore
27th July 2007, 10:01 PM
Armistead said: “When you’re dealing with that sort of thing, I say leave them to it and let the world be their judge. But Clarkson is a problem because he has represented some climate-sceptic views and for someone to be on national television saying that is quite alarming.”

Why is this alarming. Because he doesn't agree with the climate-change bible bashers? Towards the end of the programme, he stated his opinion that climate change is NOT affecting the polar ice cap. Why is this alarming? He's merely stating his opinion. Is this any more alarming than the constant bombarding and scaremongering from the climate-change lobby?

Nuff said.:mad:

Fi, if you wanna organise a run to the north pole, I'm up for it.;)

A.:D

stoney
28th July 2007, 11:09 AM
i want 2 see this one not herd of this one till 2 day !!!!!

Top Gear shoot in Africa when the team drove across the fragile Makgadikgadi salt plains in Botswana

AndyP & Lenore
28th July 2007, 03:17 PM
i want 2 see this one not herd of this one till 2 day !!!!!

Top Gear shoot in Africa when the team drove across the fragile Makgadikgadi salt plains in Botswana

Rob, I'm hoping that will be another Top Gear Special sometime soon. Or it may just be a segment of the regular programme when it returns sometime soon, hopefully.

A.;)