PDA

View Full Version : Wipers

tee
20th July 2007, 12:52 PM
Seem to have a bit of a prob with them an wondering if anyone else on here has had this problem.

The drivers side wiper keeps lifting of the window an its driving me mad, it clears the window no prob goin up the way but when its on the way back down it dont clear all the window an it lifts of, as in it doesnt even have contact with the window. Sometimes it wont even go back into place an i need to stop an push it back down on the window. Its really frustrating especially with all the rain we have been getting. :(
I think its the wiper arm thats at fault as it sits at a bit of a diffrent angle than the passengers side but i dont know if this is normal :confused: Not had a chance to look at another Mini to look an i cant get the time of work to go in an ask them even tho there is a Mini garage not far from my work so thought i would ask on here first :)

Here is a pic of it, not the best but you can see how far up the window the wiper actually sits an i think this may be the prob but not sure.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/97GTI/Dscn10098.jpg

euan
20th July 2007, 01:31 PM
That's def not normal!

I'd get that looked at if I were you, it should sit at the same angle as the passenger one, I never had a lifting problem on mine.

Big Gordy
20th July 2007, 02:28 PM
Does it overswipe on the up stroke:confused: ie hit the 'A' pillar:(
If yes you may just have to take the arm off and move it a couple of splines(does the mini wiper attatchment have splines!!!! - I don't know)
If it doesn't it looks like the wiper isn't 'parking' correctly:cool: But like Euan says thats not normal:eek:

tee
20th July 2007, 03:21 PM
Yes it does hit the 'A' piller...is it easy to take the arm of it?

Craig
21st July 2007, 09:27 AM
yeah, just lift the cover on the base of the arm and you should find a nut. Use a spanner or socket set to take off the nut, move the wiper to the desired position and put the nut back on and tighten, MUCH cheaper than having a dealer do it for a few quid...;)

tee
21st July 2007, 01:44 PM
Cheers al give it a bash :)

Gismo
22nd July 2007, 05:50 AM
Once you've removed the nut, remember to raise the blade part off the screen or you won't be able to easily pull the wiper off the splines :)