PDA

View Full Version : Amazing detailing product!

vintageb3
19th July 2007, 09:06 PM
I've been buying a Porter Cable 7424 polisher...so had to order some polish.

When I was on Clean and Shiny's site ordering a Menzerna pack...I noticed that they had the new Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer. I had read the results of blind testing in the US some months ago...and thought I would get some when it arrived here in the UK.

Today had a chance to try some on my car. You simply mist it on...wipe dry and a wee buff with a MF.

I WAS BLOWN AWAY!!!

As soon as it was dry...It looked as though the paint was wet! It actually looked as though the paint had just been sprayed!

After 12 hours, the detailer is supposed to have amazing beading and sheeting properties...I don't know about that yet....but I have to say its the best finish I have seen on my car yet! I can't believe that this mist on vapour can do so much!

I asked my Dad to come and have a look at the car without telling him what to look for. He said right away "Jeez!...what wax have you bought now??? The car looks amazing!...the paint looks wet"

So...we did his Silver Jaguar. After it was done...it looked as though the clear coat had just been sprayed.

I also think that it hides minor flaws in the paint as well. I will have this product in my arsenal from now on!

Can't recommend this product enough!

GO BUY SOME NOW!!!!

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=10196

mark

sedgie
19th July 2007, 09:11 PM
I have been usin the meguires quik mist detailer for over a year now n that is good!:D ....will need to try the new one!:D

vintageb3
19th July 2007, 09:23 PM
Honestly Lesley!!...you won't believe what it does!!!

I liked the Quik Detailer too...but this new stuff is awesome!

They are onto a winner!

I didn't see any in Halfords today...Cleans and Shiny have it though!

mark

vintageb3
19th July 2007, 09:26 PM
Have to add...its like someone putting another coat of clearcoat on your car...and it stays wet!

mark

Gismo
20th July 2007, 05:23 AM
I got one of them sprayers in me garage, never used it yet :rolleyes: no intentions to either, especially if it makes my car look clean :eek:

illegalhunter
20th July 2007, 06:47 AM
Mark how much does a porter cable cost ?

Wul
20th July 2007, 07:32 AM
Finishing off my bottle of poorboys QD, then a bottle of NXT QD then i'll go try the ultimate stuff! :)

s12cot
20th July 2007, 12:30 PM
Do you put this stuff on after waxing/polishing - or is it a replacment type product??

Wul
20th July 2007, 01:26 PM
It's basically a "gloss enahncer" I use it after washing the car to give a just waxed look. :)

s12cot
20th July 2007, 02:33 PM
so does it give the same protection as a good polish e.g. Zymol? or would you just use it between polishes??

ianking
20th July 2007, 03:28 PM
Its just for sproosing up between polishes/waxes. It helps to shine up a well waxed car after washing it it. Means you dont want to take the time to wax it every time you wash it.

vintageb3
21st July 2007, 12:21 AM
I think the Ultimate Quik Detailer also has antistatic properties. So...use a good wax of your choice....then mist this stuff on the next day to increase gloss and repel dust. I wouldn't use it the same day as your waxing. Your wax should be given time to rest. The UQD removes any residue poilsh that may be left too.

I played a hose on my Dad's car today....and the UQD does sheet and bead very well...I would agree that it repels water as they claim.

Remember to stand back about 18" (600mm) and mist this product on. You don't need a lot of this product.

I love the stuff!

mark

AndyP & Lenore
21st July 2007, 12:24 AM
I love the stuff!

mark

You'd never guess.:rolleyes: Haven't seen you gush so much since the last time you gushed about something.:eek: :D ;)

A.:D

vintageb3
21st July 2007, 12:27 AM
You wanna have seen the loaf of bread i bought this morning!:eek:

:D

mark

Scottie
21st July 2007, 12:27 AM
I've been buying a Porter Cable 7424 polisher...

mark do you really need a PC.?? is your car paint work that bad.??

how often are you polishing your car with it.??

Scottie
21st July 2007, 12:39 AM
Mark here is some other polish for you to buy and try. They say it is very very good. better than that Mequairs rubbish.;) ;)

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb212polish.html

JEFFS Werkstatt

this one in particular is very very good. well that what I've heard from the Audi guys with their black motors

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb211polish.html

vintageb3
21st July 2007, 02:26 AM
Mark here is some other polish for you to buy and try. They say it is very very good. better than that Mequairs rubbish.;) ;)

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb212polish.html

JEFFS Werkstatt

this one in particular is very very good. well that what I've heard from the Audi guys with their black motors

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb211polish.html

Hi Fi...

These are both Acrylic sealants with added carnuba and I believe they will be very good and will outlast plain carnuba wax. However...I don't think they will beat a coat of carnuba for looks.;)

Acrylics have good filling capabilities...so its less likely to see micro scratches etc. Sometimes that's worth its weight!

I did my car with Klasse AIO then about 12 coats Meguiars #20 Acrylic sealant as you can build this product up. Probably didn't need the Klasse...but I like to know its on there. After that it looked great. But it wasn't until I used Meguiars #26 Yellow Tech Wax (carnuba) that the paint "popped"

Now with this Megs Ultimate Quik detailer...I'm happy with what I have....and meaning no disrespect...I'm going to use what I have now. I mean...where do you stop!!!???

I like my process. Wash 1-4 times a week. Wax every 4-6 weeks. Ultimate Quik Detailer when I feel like it. Wheels get a look at every month....and glass when it needs it.

I have actually been using that horrid Turtle Wax Colour Magic on my bonnet simply because it doesn't dry white in the stone chips....but i hope to get rid of the chips soon so will back to curnuba on the bonnet as well.

I like most of the Meguiars paint products that I have bought but the bumper care, tyre care, leather care and stuff for cleaning your dash suck big time.

I like their Hot Rims All wheel cleaner and the glass cleaner is great.

Autoglym Bumper care is the best I've used so far (after using Peanut oil) for the black bits. I'm going to use the Meguiars stuff and alternate until the Megs stuff has run out. I use a CraigD tip...and quick detail the black bits when I'm using Quik detailer...it helps protect the black stuff too.

I use ****pit shine on the dash...but hear that the Armoural stuff is good too.

I use Poorboys Wheel Wax on my wheels...haven't made my mind up about that yet. The finish is like silk after application...repels water like hell...but I only used one coat last time...they say two to three...and I didn't have time to apply three coats. Don't know if it lasts with one coat.

Oh well...it keeps me off the streets :D

mark

vintageb3
21st July 2007, 02:33 AM
do you really need a PC.?? is your car paint work that bad.??

how often are you polishing your car with it.??

I haven't polished it at all with the PC. My paint work is OK...but I wanted it to help me with sorting out a few scratches and stone chips...and to use on my van etc. We have a lot of tools...we love tools...its a hobby :)

I only plan to use it once a year if required on the car for polishing. It can be used for applying wax as well...but I like doing that by hand. Would have half the car waxed before I got the bloody thing out of the box:eek: :D

I don't drink Fi...got to get rid of my money somehow!:D

mark

Scottie
21st July 2007, 08:35 AM
WTBH Mark I think your daft.:D :D :p

you now need to spend some of you hard earn cash on this

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb180polish.html

:D :D :D

Scottie
21st July 2007, 08:46 AM
I like most of the Meguiars paint products that I have bought but the bumper care, tyre care, leather care and stuff for cleaning your dash suck big time.

True you should get poorboys natural look it's the best

:eek: :eek: big NO NO nothing more than just washing your wheels with car shampoo
Autoglym Bumper care is the best I've used so far (after using Peanut oil) for the black bits. I'm going to use the Meguiars stuff and alternate until the Megs stuff has run out. I use a CraigD tip...and quick detail the black bits when I'm using Quik detailer...it helps protect the black stuff too.

Craigs idea is good but raceglaze bumper care is excellent I'll post pics tonight of the result as our new motor has HUGE bumpers

Armoural is crap use poorboys natural look

I use Poorboys Wheel Wax on my wheels...haven't made my mind up about that yet. The finish is like silk after application...repels water like hell...but I only used one coat last time...they say two to three...and I didn't have time to apply three coats. Don't know if it lasts with one coat.

Used Poorboys wheel sealant love the colour but only after I have waxed the wheels several times.;)

HTH. If you can instruction form a girl.LOL

Thats the trouble sitting in front of a computer screen for the past 6 years with nothing to do you read to dam many sites.;) ;)

In fact before you buy any other products best asking me first to see if I have it and we could come to a deal.:D

vintageb3
21st July 2007, 11:51 AM
WTBH Mark I think your daft.:D :D :p

you now need to spend some of you hard earn cash on this

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb180polish.html

:D :D :D

:D Its not required....I'm not that daft:)

Fi...I didn't buy the PC to use the heaviest compound with a cutting pad on my car...I bought it to use the least invasive means in helping get rid of swirls and repair stone chips.

I use power tools in my trade to help with getting the job done easier, safer and better. The purchase of this handtool is no different. I would love a gauge but I think that's a tool best in the hands of someone that is working on other peoples cars and needs to do an invasive repair. That way they don't lose face...or money. I don't agree with too much polishing...and I will only be using the machine when I need to.

I have seen damage to paintwork inflicted by polish and hand. This damage could have been avoided by using the correct tools. I already have a rotary polisher...well...I have the machine...but don't have the backing plate. I could have just bought a backing plate for that and attacked the car...but since the PC is less invasive...I took that route. I read a lot about the PC before I bought it. I now agree with those who have written that you would have to do something very stupid to damage your paintwork. In truth the machine is SO damn slow at getting results...that you have to repeat steps to get results...and that's what builds in the safety factor. I use many power tools that you only get one shot at getting it right or the work-piece becomes waste. So this is a luxury:D !

I have two hands that have been pretty useful to me up to now...and I'm gonna try an use them to sort out some minor irritations.

At the end of the day...my bonnet has some stone chips I'm not happy with...I going to try and fix them myself...and stay off the inevitable and only real solution that eventually has to be considered...a bonnet respray.

We all face that..or we get rid of that car and buy a new one. I plan now to keep this motor cause I love it...so I'm looking at the long road ahead.

mark

vintageb3
21st July 2007, 12:01 PM

True you should get poorboys natural look it's the best

:eek: :eek: big NO NO nothing more than just washing your wheels with car shampoo

Craigs idea is good but raceglaze bumper care is excellent I'll post pics tonight of the result as our new motor has HUGE bumpers

Armoural is crap use poorboys natural look

Used Poorboys wheel sealant love the colour but only after I have waxed the wheels several times.;)

HTH. If you can instruction form a girl.LOL

Thats the trouble sitting in front of a computer screen for the past 6 years with nothing to do you read to dam many sites.;) ;)

In fact before you buy any other products best asking me first to see if I have it and we could come to a deal.:D

I will look into the stuff you have suggested for the dash Fi....Good call!

Your recommendations are good...and I thank you for them...

Does the poorboys wheel wax stand up Ok then?

I only use the All Wheel Cleaner once a month to "clean" the wheels...and only use car shampoo during washes. Its alloy wheels safe....but I prefer to use the least invasive means when purely washing.

mark

P.S. Will keep your shelf in mind when I intend buying my next product:D

AndyP & Lenore
21st July 2007, 03:11 PM
I will look into the stuff you have suggested for the dash Fi....Good call!

Your recommendations are good...and I thank you for them...

Does the poorboys wheel wax stand up Ok then?

I only use the All Wheel Cleaner once a month to "clean" the wheels...and only use car shampoo during washes. Its alloy wheels safe....but I prefer to use the least invasive means when purely washing.

mark

P.S. Will keep your shelf in mind when I intend buying my next product:D

Mark I used to use the All Wheel cleaner from Maguires too. That's the acid based stuff right? Anyway, I found it was taking some form of protective coating off my alloys and it was getting increasingly difficult to get tar splashes and stains off the wheels. Now I've bought myself a trolley jack, a torque wrench and some old carpet to kneel on. And I treat our wheels to a monthly (sometimes fortnightly) thorough wash and wax with our Diamondbrite conserver polish. Won't ever go back to the Maguires acid based stuff.

vintageb3
21st July 2007, 11:13 PM
Mark I used to use the All Wheel cleaner from Maguires too. That's the acid based stuff right? Anyway, I found it was taking some form of protective coating off my alloys and it was getting increasingly difficult to get tar splashes and stains off the wheels. Now I've bought myself a trolley jack, a torque wrench and some old carpet to kneel on. And I treat our wheels to a monthly (sometimes fortnightly) thorough wash and wax with our Diamondbrite conserver polish. Won't ever go back to the Maguires acid based stuff.

Hi Andy...I thought it said acid free on the bottle...I will have to check on that!

I certainly know not to put an acid based cleaner near my wheels...and I took long enough choosing a wheel cleaner...as I said...i assumed I was using a non acid based cleaner.

Thanks for the heads up!

mark

P.S. This is what it say on the Meguiars site "Safe for all factory, clear-coated and painted wheels."

AndyP & Lenore
22nd July 2007, 12:49 AM
Hi Andy...I thought it said acid free on the bottle...I will have to check on that!

I certainly know not to put an acid based cleaner near my wheels...and I took long enough choosing a wheel cleaner...as I said...i assumed I was using a non acid based cleaner.

Thanks for the heads up!

mark

P.S. This is what it say on the Meguiars site "Safe for all factory, clear-coated and painted wheels."

Mark, despite what they say about it being "safe for all factory...... etc", I'm still not going to use it again. Repeated use over a two year period (and I'm only talking once or twice a month) made it very difficult to remove the tar and stains from our alloys.

I don't have a bottle any more, but I am convinced it is acid based. I am sure the words "acid based" are used on the label somewhere, rather then "acid free". Always happy to be proved wrong though. if you still have a bottle on your shelf, go have a look. Might be on the inside label, the bit you have to peel back to read.

A.;)

AndyP & Lenore
22nd July 2007, 12:57 AM
Mark, here's a couple of threads on Meguires discussion forums that may help.

Meguires discussion forum thread (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/thread/14996.aspx)

Meguires Vs Gold Class thread. (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/thread/12333.aspx)

The first one pretty much confirms it's acid based.

A.;)

vintageb3
22nd July 2007, 12:16 PM
Bugger! I really thought I had sorted that out!...I do remember putting off buying any wheel cleaner because I couldn't find a non acid based cleaner. I looked at loads of wheel cleaners with the knowledge that I did not want an acid based cleaner.

I now can't fathom why I picked up this one.:mad:

OK....will have to find something else that is safe for "cleaning"...as for washing...I will stick to my car shampoo. Still think I need a wheel cleaner for that once a month job.

So...is there a wheel "cleaner" that is non acid based that does the job well?

I'm using Turtle Wax "Wash and Wax" for car and wheel 'wash'. But only because its what my Dad had always used. I'm happy enough with it....it removes all I need it to remove with a wash.

I also think its cheap in comparison to some others.

Please don't tell me its acid based!!!!:eek: :D

Any recommendations there?

mark

AndyP & Lenore
22nd July 2007, 01:21 PM
Mark I now only use the regular shampoo from Diamondbrite. In fact we're moving onto more and more of their products as we get more into detailing our new MINI.

Because we have the Jewelultra Diamondbrite paint protective coating on the car, we need to stick to their products for the likes of bug/tar removal etc. because they are all wax free. It just so happens that they are damn fine products. They're like Curpinol - does exactly what it says on the tin.

I know Diamondbrite is not very highly regarded in these circles, but we love the result and the work put in is minimal compared to the regular stages of wax, wax, wax, polish, wax, finish glaze, race glaze, wax some more then buff with a soft cloth.

Car's are for driving. Not polishing. [Bonnie Scotland will be along soon to nod approval of that one] But at the same time, we like to drive a shiny car. Diamondbrite offers us the best ability to do both.

Their windscreen rain-ex type stuff is excellent. Need to get hold of their Alloy Wheel cleaner and give that a try.

Don't get me wrong, if you don't have Diamondbrite on yer mowta, there's little point in buying the rest of their stuff.

Cheers,

Scottie
22nd July 2007, 04:17 PM
Mark

P21S use that.

or this

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=155&products_id=1300&osCsid=a0e4277315792a55d34c582d1746d187

vintageb3
22nd July 2007, 09:42 PM
Andy...

All what you say makes sense. I like spending time on my car and enjoy the waxing etc...you enjoy your process. End of the day we both have a process we enjoy....so we are both happy. However I don't want to be at it every night (That doesn't sound right before you say anything) I do want to get to the point where there is less maintenance with the car...but enough so that I'm enjoying what I am doing it.

Fi...these are great suggestions...but I won't be dealing with AB again...I still can't get an receipt out of them for my last order (AB Lance). I assume that the other main companies will sell the same Brite Wheels...as it looks to be packed by the same company that makes the Snow Foam...and they bottle it for all the detailing supply companies. I will look into that and report back.

Thanks for the heads up!

I was working on my van today...and forgot to check the ALL Wheel Cleaner I have...but even so...I won't use it again and thank the both of you for bringing this acid to my attention

mark

Gismo
23rd July 2007, 04:05 AM
Car's are for driving. Not polishing. [Bonnie Scotland will be along soon to nod approval of that one]
There ya go :rolleyes:

weefossy
23rd July 2007, 09:20 PM
One good reason for keeping your car clean, is it attracts the nice ladies:D :D

vintageb3
23rd July 2007, 09:33 PM
One good reason for keeping your car clean, is it attracts the nice ladies:D :D

You better start scrubbing now mate!...i saw what was hanging about your car at Crufts:eek: :eek: :D

mark

vintageb3
25th July 2007, 07:05 AM
I was browsing the Meguiars site and found this link to a video for the Ultimate Quik Detailer.

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=8098411589801024965

OK...I can't imagine the type of person that actually takes the time to film and edit a video on a spray detailer.:rolleyes:

OK...maybe the same sort of person that finds the video...and posts a link on it:eek:

I think the guy works for Meguiars actually...

You can't see what the product does for the finish of your car...but you can see how well the product sheets and beads.

Actually I have found a down side to the product. I used it on my car a few days and three washes ago. I did the plastic on the A pillers. It repels water that well that I now can't crack open my window when its raining to have a cigarette...the water pours in the window! :eek:

Yeah I know...I need to give it up.:(

So how much do you think I would get for the car?:D

mark

The Bull
9th October 2007, 10:19 AM
Another good video about this stuff.

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/index.shtml?vidID=128718

vintageb3
9th October 2007, 05:45 PM
Mr B...Good find!

This is exactly what the product does!

I think its amazing stuff!!!!

Seen it online for less than £10.00 now...

mark

Scottie
9th October 2007, 07:07 PM
I tried the product and don't rate it. sorry.:D

vintageb3
10th October 2007, 10:18 PM
Full results are evident after 12 hours....YOU HAVE NEVER KEPT A CAR THAT LONG!:D

Seriously...I can't believe you don't love this stuff!

mark

Scottie
10th October 2007, 10:29 PM
Full results are evident after 12 hours....YOU HAVE NEVER KEPT A CAR THAT LONG!:D

Seriously...I can't believe you don't love this stuff!

mark

nope don't rate it not on my cars anyway. My paintwork is old either 9 or 19 years old and the paint is not really good enough or new enough for this to be effective.

However I did use Chemical Guys 50/50 Concours Limited Edition at the weekend and to date it has got to be the easy to apply and take off that I have used and leaves a great wet look.

vintageb3
10th October 2007, 11:00 PM
Why not try the Ultimate over that?

That's what it is designed for

mark

Scottie
10th October 2007, 11:12 PM
Why not try the Ultimate over that?

That's what it is designed for

mark

Honestly after washing the car I'd rather just take an hour and use 50/50.

Unless you've been reading the directions on Ultimate where it tells you to use on the car between washing :eek: :eek: :eek: NO WAY who in their right mind would do that

see here

eguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer is a spray detailer plus a wax booster in one! The Hydrophobic Polymer Technology creates a high level of surface tension that results in a slicker, darker surface that repels water like never before! The slick coating holds up to several car washes and adds another layer of protection over the existing wax or sealant.

If your usual quick detail spray doesn’t last, you have to try Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer. It leaves a lasting coat of gloss that reinforces the existing paint protection and deepens the shine. Use it between washes to instantly remove light contamination and restore gloss.

Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer is a high lubricity formula that is safe on all types of paint, including clear coats, single stage paint, and ceramic clear coats. The lubricants wrap around dust and dirt particles to prevent scratching. Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer can be used every day to remove dust and fingerprints.

Make sure your vehicle is cool to the touch before applying Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer. Spray one section at a time. Spread the detailer over the section using a folded Cobra Super Plush Deluxe Microfiber Towel. Flip the towel to a dry side and buff the vehicle dry. Repeat these steps until you’ve detailed the entire vehicle.

After 12 hours of curing, the polymers in Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer will achieve their maximum level of protection.

Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer can also be applied after each wash to refresh the existing paint protection. You’ll be amazed at how the towel glides over the paint!

Maximize your paint protection and water beading with Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer with Hydrophobic Polymer Technology!

vintageb3
10th October 2007, 11:42 PM
I wouldn't use it between washes. Don't like the idea of that.

But what I meant was...you have spent time with the 50/50...why not now try the Ultimate on top of that....as I do think it does boost your wax or polymer finish.

I'm just interested to hear what your results are after your car now has the highly polished finish on it you like.

I tried it on my van before I PC's it and waxed it...and it didn't do anything for the gloss.

I do think that the finish has to be good before you start using Ultimate.

Fancy trying it and letting me know?

Only takes ten minutes do the car;)

mark

The Bull
11th October 2007, 12:16 AM
Yeah, it might be ok to use it between washes in the USA if it's only a light covering of dust but not over here.

I have seen me use it if I've washed and waxed on day1, it rains shortly after, and I use the UQD on day 2 just to shine up the car again without washing.

It definitely increases the beading qualities as per the videos.

sav112gla
13th October 2007, 02:20 PM
Just to add for anyone in Glasgow area…..

www.carwashnwax.com

some of the CG products are the best out there and David who runs the show is brilliant getting orders out quick…….

vintageb3
13th October 2007, 09:03 PM
Do they sell Ultimate Quik Detailer??:confused:

mark

Scottie
13th October 2007, 09:13 PM
Just to add for anyone in Glasgow area…..

www.carwashnwax.com (http://www.carwashnwax.com)

some of the CG products are the best out there and David who runs the show is brilliant getting orders out quick…….

is he not from the detailing world forum DavidF or something like that maybe he could sponsor the website.?