PDA

View Full Version : Fast and Modified Mag

Mini Martyn
11th February 2004, 04:25 PM
Has anybody bought it, or is it not worth it? I am trying to find it but no luck :(

Does anybody in the glasgow area have any sugestions??

Duncan Stewart
11th February 2004, 05:57 PM
I saw it on Saturday in Edinburgh Waverley station. Had a look through and seemed to be lots in it but did not buy as it's not really my interest. They had lots of copies.

minidriver#1
11th February 2004, 06:28 PM
i have it, its good like. cant talk, at work. lol. RS McColl sell em, WH Smith and apparently some supermarkets.

Julz
12th February 2004, 05:35 PM
I got a free copy when Fast and Modified came to take pictures of BabyB for the front cover of next months issue!!!;)
Apparently all supermarkets except Asda should sell it, but I get the feeling they sold out pretty quick, they put out 21,000 copies (I think) and were getting calls from newsagents that they'd none left!!:D:D:D

Fontal
12th February 2004, 06:15 PM
We had a club meeting last night and when we were talking and looking at the guy's chrome parts in the engine bay of his R34 skyline he mentioned Baby B was to be in next months issue, he was sutibly impressedwhen I was telling him about her. :D

minidriver#1
12th February 2004, 06:39 PM
^^ can i be in your club? mmmm R34.

i have a copy of FM in my hand right now about to call someone in one of the ads. its a good mag like, fit man ken aye pure teckle menstrual man.

Julz
12th February 2004, 08:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fontal

he was sutibly impressedwhen I was telling him about her. :D

:I:D

Mini Martyn
12th February 2004, 10:51 PM
Managed to get a hold of a copy and realy wish I didnt its just Scottish Max Power!!

Big Col
12th February 2004, 11:00 PM
lol. Julz drives a heavily modded (and phat) MINI! It's never really gonna appear in Evo or Top Gear is it? It's not that kinda car.

Gismo
13th February 2004, 12:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

Managed to get a hold of a copy and realy wish I didnt its just Scottish Max Power!!I was in my local WH Smiths and was browsing to buy a copy, same as you, it was the scottish version, pah, sorry Julz, missed it :mad:

Julz
13th February 2004, 12:51 AM
Aye, but what do you expect?? Slow and standard cars in a mag called Fast and Modified???;):D

Mini Martyn
13th February 2004, 06:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Aye, but what do you expect?? Slow and standard cars in a mag called Fast and Modified???;):D

I know what your saying Julz baby, but appart from your baby b, their all just ned wagons, need some more quality cars like yours, BS, some BMW's, lets face it their is not realy a shortage of nice modified cars in Scotland but they pick all the crappy ones for the first issue, "things can only get better" i suppose. Can wait for next months issue though!!!!!! :D

Julz
13th February 2004, 06:55 PM
Skyline??? Crappy?????? Ohhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooo ittttttttt isnnnnnnnnnnnnn't!!! (don't you dare reply with a panto pun!!):D
I know what you're saying, but the problem is that this mag is aimed purely at Scotland, and there ain't that many posh modded motas in El Scotia due to us all being tight fisted (exept Mr & Mrs M. of course!!;)).
They are reaching their market though, of peeps who go to cruises etc., so they're achieving their goal. I'm sure once their antics are broadcast throughout the land, maybe more of the big modded cars will want to be seen!! Only time will tell!!;):D

Willie M
13th February 2004, 09:34 PM

... there ain't that many posh modded motas in El Scotia due to us all being tight fisted (exept Mr & Mrs M. of course!!;))
Oi!!! :eek: How dare you accuse me of NOT being tight fisted. I'll have you know I'm as tight fisted as the next Scot (possibly not quite in Bonnie's league though ;)) :clown:

Fontal
13th February 2004, 09:45 PM
and there ain't that many posh modded motas in El Scotia

We have a few big ones up her, an Audi A4 that just about tuch 200mph (about 50k of mods, fishing boat owner you see)looks completly standard apart from 20" alloys (he also has an RS4 and his son has an Evo6), an R33 Skyline that is running around 650bhp and an R34 Skyline with around 500bhp.
Thats what I can remember of the top of my head :D:D

Wul
13th February 2004, 10:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fontal

and there ain't that many posh modded motas in El Scotia

We have a few big ones up her, an Audi A4 that just about tuch 200mph (about 50k of mods, fishing boat owner you see)looks completly standard apart from 20" alloys (he also has an RS4 and his son has an Evo6), an R33 Skyline that is running around 650bhp and an R34 Skyline with around 500bhp.
Thats what I can remember of the top of my head :D:D

Are they aware that they live on an island and the sea comes up on you really quickly!?;):p:evil:

Julz
14th February 2004, 12:19 AM
Maybe Rikki and Fraz from F&M would like a trip up to your wee isle to cover all these fab cars, I suppose, there's no much else to do up there though, is there???;):D