PDA

View Full Version : John Clarks grrr

s12cot
19th July 2007, 03:32 PM
Does anyone else find them annoying?? I bought my car from eastern in edinburgh, when we lived down there far better service. Anyhoo tried to book the car in for a service with JC's asked for a new cooper s while my car was getting serviced - NO

Asked for loan car - No - don't give them to MINI owners, got told either to wait round the garage or get a lift! Thing is i live in Arbroath and work from home..... got better things to do with myself than hang around a car garage for an hour or so....

so called eastern as i go to Edinburgh once a week for work and booked it in there....

AndyP & Lenore
19th July 2007, 04:40 PM
Good for you scot. Name and shame and Vote with your feet. unfortunately i cant bring myself to praise eastern. Ours has been in 3 times now and our sunroof blind is still loose. The front one is now fine, but the rear one wasn't changed. Despite the fact we told them it was loose also. Very frustrating. peter vardy starting to look enticing. :mad:

s12cot
19th July 2007, 04:45 PM
cheers! in my opinion, if you get bad service/crappy attitude why use them? Let people know about it. If you ate crap food in a restraunt then you would tell your friends it was rubbish, so why not the same with car dealers.

ianking
19th July 2007, 05:51 PM
So is that JC basically saying that Mini customers are lesser people than BMW customers.
I would be telling them where they can stick their garage. I certainly wouldnt be buying a car from them.

AndyP
Thats a bit of a pain for you having to have 3 trips to Eastern. I must admit I have always had good service from them. Menzies service dept on the other hand, well I dont think I can print the types of words that I want to use about them, particularly after they covered my car in alloy wheel paint.

Scottie
19th July 2007, 06:56 PM
Oh I don't know about the name and shame thing. You might get a threat from the Manager.:eek: :eek: be careful what you say on here.

What would make a dealer a good dealer.??

Comments please:

duncan
19th July 2007, 06:58 PM
Oh I don't know about the name and shame thing. You might get a threat from the Manager.:eek: :eek: be careful what you say on here.

Comments please:

Sounds like you're speaking from first hand experience, Fi!:eek:

Scottie
19th July 2007, 07:01 PM
Sounds like you're speaking from first hand experience, Fi!:eek:

Duncan I can't comment on that one.:mad: for obvious reasons.

Julz
19th July 2007, 08:00 PM
Don't get me started on JC's...... I had to pay £400 to rent a matiz for 3 weeks while they f'd about sorting a minor problem that took them 3 attempts to fix.......:mad: :mad: :mad:

AndyP & Lenore
19th July 2007, 08:04 PM
AndyP
Thats a bit of a pain for you having to have 3 trips to Eastern. I must admit I have always had good service from them.

Ian, it was two trips we made and then they came down and picked our car up on Wednesday, which is effectively the third trip, although we didn't drive it.

But it is just annoying that the car has gone in three times now and the fault is still not properly fixed. They've only done half the job. We're not sure what to do now, we're loosing faith in Eastern service, that's for sure.:mad:

Don't get me wrong, Norman (parts) is a top bloke. Really knows his stuff and helps out in any way he can. I just wish they'd put him in charge of the service department and then it might run as smoothly as the parts dept does.:o

A.:(

Neil and Lorna
19th July 2007, 08:33 PM
Even Lexus Edinburgh have let me down the last 2 times I've been there.

First time the car wasn't ready when requested, this was after I had phoned and they had said it was ready. We had to wait nearly another 1 1/2 hours. Which then put us out on to the bypass at 5pm.:mad: :mad: The courtesy car had only done 500 miles but looked like it was through a field.

2nd time was when the car was in for replacement wheels one of which was scratched badly.

So I'm not a happy chappie with them.:p

Neil.

P.S. Lexus Edinburgh is part of the Eastern Group.:eek: :eek:

sh@z
19th July 2007, 09:15 PM

Comments please:

If they threatened you with legal action, then take them to court I say, they wont have a leg to stand on.

As long as what you say is the truth and nothing slanderous, they cant sue you for anything.

john
19th July 2007, 10:45 PM
After the carry on with my GP I vowed never to buy from JCs again but of course I have done, three more minis later and another on order.

The trouble is I get along with most of the staff and they are local, and I always get offered a car from them with the exception of the GP senario.

s12cot
20th July 2007, 09:00 AM

Comments please:

Let them threaten me, i would PSML if they did! if they provided a good service then we would not complain!

Anyhoo they have lost me for sure, JC's are soooo snoty it's unreal.

euan
20th July 2007, 09:49 AM
I've had bad service and good from various dealers all over the place since living in Aberdeen, Edinburgh and now London.

I never had one problem with Eastern (sales, parts or service), my brother had huge issues with JC, Dunedin where fine for me as well but the other side of town so didn't need to use them.

Down here, there are a number of dealers I've dealt with for BMW and MINI, and I'm quite honest with them - when things are not what they should be I tell them - they always phone for a satisfaction survey afterwards, but I don't say anything I wouldn't (and haven't) told the service/sales guys.

At the end of the day, if you complain and it's not dealt with to your satisfaction and you are factual and fair (not always easy!) then I cannot see why anyone can complain. I agree with Fi to an extent, don't just flame someone, but if it's all factual then why shouldn't you state it? Especially if you have already told the dealer your issues?

korky
27th July 2007, 05:42 PM
Does anyone else find them annoying?? I bought my car from eastern in edinburgh, when we lived down there far better service. Anyhoo tried to book the car in for a service with JC's asked for a new cooper s while my car was getting serviced - NO

Asked for loan car - No - don't give them to MINI owners, got told either to wait round the garage or get a lift! Thing is i live in Arbroath and work from home..... got better things to do with myself than hang around a car garage for an hour or so....

so called eastern as i go to Edinburgh once a week for work and booked it in there....

I had my first cooper (02, red and white) from JC's but was unhappy with them for a number of reasons. Got my new one (07, white and black) from Grassicks instead hoping they will be better. Fingers crossed.

T100L
28th July 2007, 10:44 AM
im in JC next week, finally broke sumin on my gp:rolleyes: / reckon its the front manifold:eek:
asked them for a loan car, so they said friday.

could be the start.....

had enuf grief with my m3 from them, scared to use them now:mad:

The Bull
30th July 2007, 09:46 PM
I always used to get a loan car from JCs, just had to book it in advance and pay for the insurance myself but got one. This must be a new thing.

john
30th July 2007, 10:56 PM
I had the X5 in for an oil service last week and got a new cooper's' :)

Thankyou Toni:)