PDA

View Full Version : Wheel repair

sh@z
19th July 2007, 02:08 PM
Hey guys, need a bit of help. Trying to find someone to repair my mums nice kerbing of my new wheels :( ... tried getting through to Rimtek but keep leavign messages on the answerphone but nobody gotten back to me as yet.

The local Chips away guy does it but I'm not sure about the standard of work.

Can anyone recommend anybody around the Edinburgh area, or nearby, i'd be willing to travel. I don't want the wheel completely refurbed, just the small bit of kerbing repaired.

Cheers

FergusM
19th July 2007, 02:12 PM
http://www.wickedwheels.co.uk/ are excellent. Mate got one of his wheels sorted after kerbing and I could not pick out where the work had been done at all.

sh@z
19th July 2007, 03:01 PM
I contacted them, and they told me that they don't have anybody operating in the area :(

Craig
19th July 2007, 03:18 PM
Try Wheel Wizard - it's a glasgow number, but they may have someone in your area... they have done a good job for a few people I know in the past..

0141 420 3776

FergusM
19th July 2007, 03:57 PM
I contacted them, and they told me that they don't have anybody operating in the area :(

Did my mates car in Hamilton, Glasgow... maybe if you were prepared to travel here ?.... though must be someone in your area.

ianking
19th July 2007, 05:55 PM
Rim Tech are still on the go anyway as I passed them on my way home tonight on the A68. I think they are based near Melrose.

AndyP & Lenore
19th July 2007, 07:57 PM
Ian's right. Rimtek are still very much in business. Unfortunately, I have first hand experience of their excellent work.:o :o :o

Sh@z, what number are you dialling? They took a couple of days to get back to me. To be honest, I'm not sure if they travel up to Edinburgh or not.

A.:D

sh@z
19th July 2007, 09:17 PM
I'm trying both 01835823603 and 07801952406. On both voicemails I get a message saying rim tecs name, but not heard anything from them yet.

ianking
19th July 2007, 09:25 PM
I think most of rimtechs work is in Edinburgh as I see them driving up and down the A68 almost every day.

monsta mo mini admin
19th July 2007, 09:31 PM
Trying to find someone to repair my mums nice kerbing of my new wheels

Poor mums are always getting the blame for things like that ;) :D

sh@z
19th July 2007, 09:50 PM
No actually she did lol... I know its the textbook excuse heh.

She moved it in the morning cos some guy was coming to clean the gutters at the house, so she didnt want any debris landing on the car, parks it across the road... to her credit she could have mangled it a LOT MORE. lol

Anyone have any other way of contacting rimtec?

AndyP & Lenore
19th July 2007, 10:33 PM
Anyone have any other way of contacting rimtec?

I checked the numbers you've posted above and they match the number I have for their mobile.

Soz I can't help further.

A.:(

illegalhunter
20th July 2007, 07:24 PM
Powdertec in glasgow are the muts

sh@z
21st July 2007, 12:11 AM
The guy from Rimtec called me back today so we're on for Thursday :D

sh@z
21st July 2007, 12:13 AM
Powdertec in glasgow are the muts

Yeah heard of them, though i don't want the whole wheel refurbed, just the wee bit thats been kerbed to be repaired.

AndyP & Lenore
21st July 2007, 12:17 AM
The guy from Rimtec called me back today so we're on for Thursday :D

Cool.:D ;)

They do an amazing job.;)

A.:D