PDA

View Full Version : Count Down Over : R56 MCS Arrives

T6 KFR
17th July 2007, 08:54 PM
well it does 2morrow afternoon.

I have to pick it up and swap my old cooper which will be a sad moment.

Pictures will definatley follow 2morrow night lets hope its good weather for it!!

Post up pics of any Dark Silver Owners - think there is just 2 of us???:cool: so far........

Craig
17th July 2007, 09:13 PM
Good Stuff Kev- best of luck with it... :D :D

only done about 50 miles in it, however Mrs D has done about 200 in it as her new car doesn't arrive til friday.. :D

a couple of photos to keep you going til tomorrow.. Got to get some more photos done now that my graphics are on and my big wheels...

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/KN3.jpg

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/KN4.jpg

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/KN6.jpg

T6 KFR
17th July 2007, 09:31 PM
Craig - maybe Ive missed a big part of the story......

where is your Laser Blue MCS?:eek:

Big Gordy
18th July 2007, 08:07 AM
Boy you havn't half missed a big part of the story:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Craig
18th July 2007, 09:11 AM
where the feck have you been Kev ! :eek:

yeah, after 5 months of battling with dealer and MINI UK, finally on 5th June they agreed to replace it. Ordered and delivered in 24 days...:eek: :D

Had the car since the 29th June, only done 300 miles in it since and touch wood all seems well at the moment.. ;)

T6 KFR
18th July 2007, 11:57 AM
So not only have you now a better working car...but a very nice colour too:cool:

Got a call, all is ready, bodykit fitted, spots etc.... just need to swap over after work at 5pm.

Oh I hope its worth the wait

ianking
18th July 2007, 12:03 PM
Good news. Roll on 5 pm. I think thats 3 of us now in the dark silver R56 Club.

john
18th July 2007, 12:54 PM
So not only have you now a better working car...but a very nice colour too:cool:

Got a call, all is ready, bodykit fitted, spots etc.... just need to swap over after work at 5pm.

Oh I hope its worth the wait

Just seen it!! looking good:)

japper
18th July 2007, 02:26 PM
You lucky s*d Kev, enjoy:)

Might have a nosy on my way to Waverleys:D

Only 6 more long weeks for mine:(

T6 KFR
18th July 2007, 02:40 PM
you bu##er John, get to see my car before I do:p

Just need to get my 18" wheels fitted asap and the mini will be sorted, fingers crossed.

Pictures will be up tonight I hope:D

T6 KFR
18th July 2007, 06:41 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/KEVRET/Picture004.jpg

My new mini I just picked up.

Cant seem to post many pictures of the car...just one???

Scottie
18th July 2007, 06:46 PM
Looks good the colour really suits the kit better than Laser Blue and Mellow Yellow IMHO :cool:

FergusM
18th July 2007, 06:48 PM
Just now have to try and behave for the 1,200 mile run in.... ;)

T6 KFR
18th July 2007, 07:07 PM
well I asked about running in the engine.....

I was told just to take it easy for the first week, and so on......

So thats what I'll do. Feels rapid though and alot smoother than my cooper that now sits at the garage:(

First impressions - love the new car..interior pic below:cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/KEVRET/Picture001.jpg

ajamesj
18th July 2007, 07:14 PM
Thats lookin smart cant wait to get mine now. I opted for Red seats and colourline in my Cooper Diesel roll on September.

AndyP & Lenore
18th July 2007, 07:35 PM
Cracking looking car Kevin. Love that body kit - obviously. And really like the look of Dark Silver with black.;)

Not sure about the red interior. Not convinced it goes with the darker exterior. But difficult to tell in pics on a small screen. Need to see it up close and personal.

We did the same on running in. 1,200 miles???? Errrr. DONT THINK SO! We did take it easy for a while and after 1,500 miles still haven't red-lined (much), but we certainly didn't keep under the 4,000 revs for 1200 miles. Lots of confab on MINI2 about this issue.

Have fun in your MINI.:D

A.:D

Craig
18th July 2007, 08:28 PM
Nice one Kev, I'm with Andy re the interior, but I will reserve judgement til I see it in the flesh. Hope you enjoy it and your right, it is much smoother than the cooper and feels VERY quick compared to it.. :D :D

I have about 350 miles on mine now and am itchin to wring it's neck, but unlike the Pooles, I have some self control.. :eek: :rolleyes: :D

AndyP & Lenore
18th July 2007, 08:30 PM
, but unlike the Pooles, I have some self control.. :eek: :rolleyes: :D

So he says....:eek: ;) :D

Scottie
18th July 2007, 08:44 PM
Nice one Kev, I'm with Andy re the interior, but I will reserve judgement til I see it in the flesh. :D

Not sure about the red interior. Not convinced it goes with the darker exterior. But difficult to tell in pics on a small screen. Need to see it up close and personal.

Hi,

don't listen to those two what do they know about colour cordinating they are both colour blind.;) :p

for what it's worth I think the red works well with your dark silver and will lift the interior just a treat. :cool: :cool:

AndyP & Lenore
18th July 2007, 08:54 PM
Hi,

don't listen to those two what do they know about colour cordinating they are both colour blind.;) :p

for what it's worth I think the red works well with your dark silver and will lift the interior just a treat. :cool: :cool:

:eek: :eek: Fi, whatever happened to that lovely silver-flake electric-blue Cooper S you had? You know, the one with the over-the-top zeemax kit and the bespoke electric blue coloured furry seat covers? Loved that car. Miss it.:rolleyes:

A.;) :D :D

rpn
18th July 2007, 09:19 PM
One very good looking car you got there, Mr Kev. Very nice, I like. :)

Scottie
18th July 2007, 09:23 PM
:eek: :eek: Fi, whatever happened to that lovely silver-flake electric-blue Cooper S you had? You know, the one with the over-the-top zeemax kit and the bespoke electric blue coloured furry seat covers? Loved that car. Miss it.:rolleyes:

A.;) :D :D

hey at least it was all a matching colour well sort off

anyway that was Allan not me.:rolleyes: ;) ;)

AeroJonny
18th July 2007, 10:40 PM
You couldn't possibly mean this one could you Andy?? ;):p:eek:

The new car looks brilliant Kev, what size of front plate is that? I need a new one and our registrations will be about the same size (J6 JJM)

Scottie
18th July 2007, 10:41 PM
You couldn't possibly mean this one could you Andy?? ;):p:eek:

(J6 JJM) hey what a cool car;)

illegalhunter
18th July 2007, 10:43 PM
Great Looking Car Enjoy The Driving

AeroJonny
18th July 2007, 10:47 PM
hey what a cool car;)

The guy that's got it went to the same uni as me, the people that had it before him lived next to Dalziel Park in Motherwell:)

AndyP & Lenore
18th July 2007, 11:17 PM
Don't think that is it AeroJonny. But it looks like that one. Scottiecoop's had a bespoke silvery flake in the paintwork and I'm sure it had fluffy blue seat covers and a fluffy blue dash.:o :(

By Fiona's own admission in another thread some time ago she "doesn't know what in the world [she] was thinking about at the time".:D

AeroJonny
18th July 2007, 11:29 PM
...so you mean there might be two!!!!!!!! *chokes*

RyanK
19th July 2007, 01:21 AM
Very Nice Car!!! Love the interior

Will need to keep my eyes pealed for you cruising around the toon :p, thought i saw you at asda tonight but now know it wasn't

T6 KFR
19th July 2007, 05:58 PM
thanks all for the comments..

as for you folk not liking my red interior:confused: WHY!!!!!!!

I think it ties into the red in the Cooper S badge, red fogs on back bumper and red rear lights.. each to their own though I Like It:cool:

Now to get my 18" wheels fitted...

sedgie
19th July 2007, 08:33 PM
Looks good Kev...good choice o colour;) ....u dinnae notice the dirt on it sooooo much!:o ....red interior....not my choice!...but hey each to their own!...be p*sh if every one like the same thing!;) :D

Duncan Stewart
21st July 2007, 07:51 PM
Your new Mini looks Great :cool: Well done and enjoy :D

S7JGW
22nd July 2007, 09:47 AM
Spyed yer car goin up wellington road earlier on this week. It looks great.
Jim

T6 KFR
23rd July 2007, 12:54 PM
thanks for all the kind comments...i smile each time i get into the new car...awesome beast!

Almost 1 week since I picked it up and touch wood ist running great and driving even better.

Still want to give it a good wax , and still havent swapped over my wheels yet.

sleepyrascal
23rd July 2007, 09:16 PM
Kev if I rock up to Calterdon to order a new cooper S next month im holding you fully responsible.

euan
23rd July 2007, 10:14 PM
I like the red interior, looks great as a contrast.

Really good looking motor, enjoy!

T6 KFR
24th July 2007, 12:36 PM
Yesterday 09:16 PMsleepyrascalKev if I rock up to Calterdon to order a new cooper S next month im holding you fully responsible.

Mate you would not be dissapointed - they are great cars, regardless of other unfortunate folks problems.

Cant rave about the car any more....BUY ONE!

japper
30th July 2007, 01:38 PM
Kev,

Spied your car in JC's, anything gone wrong already ?.