PDA

View Full Version : Those of you that tow

Scottie
14th July 2007, 08:49 PM
What are you like at reversing.????

I will tell you now that I am rubbish:(

Allan is trying to teach me but OMG it's not good.

AndyP & Lenore
14th July 2007, 08:56 PM
What are you like at reversing.????

I will tell you now that I am rubbish:(

Allan is trying to teach me but OMG it's not good.

I'm perfect.;)

But Lenore would disagree.:D

A.:confused:

Craig
14th July 2007, 09:05 PM
Easy peasy lemon squeezy... :D :D It's much easier with a larger object like a caravan than a small trailer as it doesn't react to movement so quickly.. it also helps if the person directing you has a clue... ;)

Twin axle caravans are quite difficult to move, especially by hand.... ;)

Scottie
14th July 2007, 09:10 PM
I'm perfect.;)
:D

A.:confused:

Now see I just cannae believe that.:eek: ;)

Scottie
14th July 2007, 09:13 PM
Easy peasy lemon squeezy... :D :D It's much easier with a larger object like a caravan than a small trailer as it doesn't react to movement so quickly.. it also helps if the person directing you has a clue... ;)

Twin axle caravans are quite difficult to move, especially by hand.... ;)

perhaps but they are easier to reverse as they turn slower well that's what Allan tells me.:rolleyes:

I have no problem towing the van :D sometimes it is really funny when some guys looking and they see a woman towing they are shocked:confused:

Craig
14th July 2007, 09:22 PM
perhaps but they are easier to reverse as they turn slower well that's what Allan tells me.:rolleyes:

I have no problem towing the van :D sometimes it is really funny when some guys looking and they see a woman towing they are shocked:confused:

yeah he is right...! they do move slower as the axles are normally fighting against each other... :D

AndyP & Lenore
14th July 2007, 09:34 PM
Now see I just cannae believe that.:eek: ;)

And you'd be right not to believe me. I'm a bit rubbish TBH. Even with Lenore standing behind the outfit screaming at me "NO! THATS WRONG!":eek: :eek: :eek: :D

A.:D

bigcoyote
14th July 2007, 11:11 PM
Just go find a nice empty parking lot and practice, practice, practice!

I tow alot of trailers / caravans and all it takes is practice.

One simple rule - If you turn the wheel right - the trailer turns left
You turn the wheel left and the trailer goes right.

Take it slow and easy and no one gets hurt - just like your first time in b** ---oh well you get the idea:D :D