PDA

View Full Version : Bike Rack Advice

GAJ
13th July 2007, 10:09 AM
Anyone got any recommendations? Looking for something to mount one, maybe two, mountain bikes on. Don't want to spend silly money!!

BetaRyder
13th July 2007, 11:33 AM
I recently bought a trials bike rack from www.davecooper.co.uk but they also do cycle racks. Good quality and prices and you can have them zinc plated for an extra £8. HTH
Lee

GAJ
13th July 2007, 12:07 PM
Looks like they are just tow hook fitting though - I don't have one!

weefossy
13th July 2007, 05:58 PM
Gaj, I've got a cuople that sit on the back bumper with straps that work fine for me. Ok for one or two bikes. You are more than welcome to try / borrow to see how they go. Only downside is what they can do to painwork. I've only used them on the Beamer so I wasn't over concerned. Let me know what you think.

GAJ
13th July 2007, 06:11 PM
Very kind of you Malcolm, I may well take you up on that. You obviously haven't seen the state of my paintwork lately!

weefossy
16th July 2007, 10:16 PM
Gaj just e mail me when you want to try. I can stick em in the boot and drop off at Easter road on my way past.

GAJ
16th July 2007, 11:58 PM
Thanks Malcolm. Actually got one on Sunday - Edinburgh Bicycles Revolution. Fits perfectly! Off to Glentress on Saturday to christen it.

Thanks again for the offer!

weefossy
17th July 2007, 09:54 PM
Enjoy Glentress, I love it.:D Mind and take plenty plasters and germoline:eek: :eek:

euan
18th July 2007, 08:58 AM
Edinburgh Bike is one of my favourite bike shops. They make decent gear that's not too expensive.

Bought a bike from them for my missus two years ago and I bought a Specialized Hard Rock at the same time (from a different shop) - the Edinburgh bike is just as good as my Specialized and it was about 100 quid cheaper.