PDA

View Full Version : Induction Kits

mgemie
11th February 2004, 01:56 AM
I'm considering fitting an induction kit onto my MO but a mate o'mine mentioned that it might invalidate my warranty. Since my MO is only 2 weeks old this is a major concern of mine.

mgemie
11th February 2004, 01:59 AM
If it makes any difference the kit i'm looking at is the Pipercross induction Kit (One & Cooper - PK222)

GAJ
11th February 2004, 02:29 AM
It's all down to your dealer. However it will never invalidate you warranty per se. For example if a wheel fell off the dealer could not blame the induction kit.

Monsta Mo Mini
11th February 2004, 02:29 AM
Depends on the dealer...but I'll tell you a wee secret...just take it off when you take the car to the dealer. There are plenty of folks here who have induction kits fitted and have yet to hear of anyone having any problems.

macblob
11th February 2004, 02:30 AM
Seems to depend on your dealer with things like induction kits. Some are ok about them and some arent. Ypu can always replace the standard air box when the car needs to go to your dealers :D

mgemie
11th February 2004, 02:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

For example if a wheel fell off the dealer could not blame the induction kit.

You never know :D:) ;) Imagine the scene...lol!

macblob
11th February 2004, 02:31 AM
Doh!!! everyone posting nearly the same reply at once lol

mgemie
11th February 2004, 02:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by mgemie

If it makes any difference the kit i'm looking at is the Pipercross induction Kit (One & Cooper - PK222)

Is this kit a good choice to go for? Anyone know a good, cheap place to order it from? CoolNew have good price i think but postage is a bit steap. Just call me Mr Fussy!

macblob
11th February 2004, 02:35 AM
There are a few kits about, PIpercross, K&N, RamAir, all down to personal choice.

I believe the Pipercross induction kit sits quite high up and can damage the sound proofing material on the under side of the bonnet, just something to take into consideration

mgemie
11th February 2004, 02:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by macblob

There are a few kits about, PIpercross, K&N, RamAir, all down to personal choice.

I believe the Pipercross induction kit sits quite high up and can damage the sound proofing material on the under side of the bonnet, just something to take into consideration

Do you have one fitted? Can you recommend a particular? I'm not really bothered about the name, just want one that is top quality and doesn't interfere with any aspect of engine bay etc.

mgemie
11th February 2004, 02:40 AM
not bad, not bad. 8 replies in the space of 5min....granted 2 were from me but it looks like everyone has just finished work...lol

mgemie
11th February 2004, 02:43 AM
K&N 57i Induction Kit or Pipercross PK222?

Wul
11th February 2004, 03:09 AM
mgemie - be careful to check out which suits best - some people are reporting the induction kits create a nice noise but don't notice any performance improvements - in fact some say they can make the car feel worse! :eek:

mgemie
11th February 2004, 03:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

mgemie - be careful to check out which suits best - some people are reporting the induction kits create a nice noise but don't notice any performance improvements - in fact some say they can make the car feel worse! :eek:

I'm kinda looking for throttle noise boost since i like the sound of the MINI engine, however, a +6 bhp boost is good as well. If they degrade the engine performance then i probably won't get a kit fitted....mmm not sure...help?

KenL
11th February 2004, 06:35 AM
I'm kinda looking for throttle noise boost since i like the sound of the MINI engine, however, a +6 bhp boost is good as well. If they degrade the engine performance then i probably won't get a kit fitted....mmm not sure...help?

If it ain't broke don't fix it ;)

mgemie
11th February 2004, 06:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

Yeah dude, i've changed my mind (for the time being) on fitting an induction kit. Good advice as well.;)

duncan
11th February 2004, 07:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

Here, i'm wanting royalty payments for my sig!

macblob
11th February 2004, 07:15 AM
thought that looked familiar dunc

duncan
11th February 2004, 07:46 AM
If your not going to get the Induction kit, how about a nice K&N panel filter.

There might be one still for sale, not too far from here.
(Do i get commission Wul?)
http://www.newminiscotland.com/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1222&whichpage=1

mgemie
11th February 2004, 07:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

If your not going to get the Induction kit, how about a nice K&N panel filter.

There might be one still for sale, not too far from here.
(Do i get commission Wul?)
http://www.newminiscotland.com/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1222&whichpage=1

lol, yeah duncan i've been talking to willie about the panel filter. In the end i decided not to buy, since, as you so often quote "If it ain't broke don't fix it!". :D;):cool:

l8r dudes:evil:

ELFMAN
13th February 2004, 05:35 AM
I fitted the Pipercross Kit (PK 222) to my 2001 COOPER, and took it back off as it LOST power. Don't know if the ECU is different on later cars, but it certainly didn't work on my early one.

Now have an 'S', so the kit's in the garage. Anyone interested in giving it a go, let me know and I'll bring it along to St. Andrews run. If it works on your car, make me an offer!