PDA

View Full Version : Specy

Sheilz
10th July 2007, 11:21 PM
Is coming up for his first MOT and seriously overdue a major service (embarrassed to say how many miles its done since the last one). The timelapse since the last service probably invalidates whats left of the warranty - all three weeks of it - and since he isnt far from clocking 98,000 dont intend paying JC prices - can anyone recommend someone in Aberdeen to give it a good going over before the 4th August when he'll be three.

Had squint at some other threads. Specy is still on all his original parts and touch wood going as good as ever. I have been contemplating a new one just to get away from the hassle of MOTs etc but not sure about a cooper of cooper D. Looked at the techs for the D and get the feeling it might be a bit slow in the off, relatively speaking of course!

AeroJonny
10th July 2007, 11:44 PM
98,000 miles...holy cow!

Burple
11th July 2007, 04:32 PM
Goooooooooooooooooo Specy!!
And still looking as shiny as ever! :cool::cool:
(sorry, dunno anything about the Aberdeen area :o)

Crombers
11th July 2007, 05:34 PM
Respect Sheilz, 98K in under 3 years :cool: , thought mine was a tad heavy at 43K in just over 3. When exactly was it last serviced & have you used up all your TLC?

Sheilz
11th July 2007, 10:44 PM
Last serviced 18,000miles ago (you wouldnt know running as smoothly as ever - and if I do hear a noise i just blame the stereo and turn it up so - case of out of hearing out of mind:o). His birthday is on 4th August. Got a bit of a dent on the front splitter thingy. My own fault entirely but otherwise in reasonable shape for the mileage. Think I need to replace the windscreen though, even when its clean its a devil in sunlight.

weefossy
12th July 2007, 10:29 PM
Is it the only Mini taxi in Aberdeen? :D
I thought I had done a lot in my Beamer, 63000 in 28 months, but 98,000 that's a lot....go Specy

X30YES
13th July 2007, 10:04 AM
Go for it Sheilz .... 100k is a must girl :cool: :D

Sheilz
2nd August 2007, 12:51 AM
100,000 clocked at 10.36pm 1st Aug. Will be all grown up on Friday when he gets his first MOT. Apart from brakes, tyres and the occasional wheel repair, all original components. Did have a squeak but found it was just some rubbish stored in the cubbyhole. LOL makes the other minis sound like wooses! :D:D:D

X30YES
2nd August 2007, 02:28 PM
100K spot on Sheilz ,go girl go !!:D

Sheilz
3rd August 2007, 05:04 PM
Specy passed his MOT with flying colours. Mechanic pretty impressed. Said underneath was spotless, remarkable given the mileage and the er! 40,000 since the last service - I really didnt think it was that long, didnt feel long, but then, what is long in specy! Told me that specy is mechanically a quality little car. After fluffing around like a proud mum, have decided to keep the wee man in pole position for a while longer. Esp given the probs people appear to be having with their new cars.
SPECY RULES!
:cool::p:D:D:D