PDA

View Full Version : Hello

lorbobo
9th July 2007, 02:14 PM
Hello to you all, Im in the Loch Lomond area and I have just bought a `98 Cooper.I will be getting some work done on it, is there anywhere decent in West Central Scotland?

X30YES
9th July 2007, 03:42 PM
Hi and welcome to NMS ,I hope you enjoy the site and banter ..." some work done on it " ?

lorbobo
9th July 2007, 05:01 PM
Hi and welcome to NMS ,I hope you enjoy the site and banter ..." some work done on it " ?

I made a wee profit selling my motorbike and want to put it into the mini, the 'work' i was looking at is, fancy exhaust, stage 1 engine mods and a right good tidy up of the bodywork and any other non essential tarting up I can think of.:D
I will just waste the money I made on the bike if I do n't put it into the Cooper, so any ideas for some extras for a 98 cooper would be appreciated.

AndyP & Lenore
9th July 2007, 05:42 PM
Howdy, welcome to the site.

Don't know of any modding places in the Loch Lomond area, but for engine work I would recommend Dastek in Dalgetty Bay. Always had first class service from them.;)

A.:D

monkimagic
9th July 2007, 09:01 PM
helloo to you 2

Monki

vintageb3
9th July 2007, 09:04 PM

Don't know of any modding places in the Loch Lomond area, but for engine work I would recommend Dastek in Dalgetty Bay. Always had first class service from them.;)

I'm still waiting on a call back from DASTEK Andy....don't think they are hot on customer services.

and do they work on mini's?

mark huffy bum

AndyP & Lenore
9th July 2007, 09:07 PM
I'm still waiting on a call back from DASTEK Andy....don't think they are hot on customer services.

and do they work on mini's?

mark huffy bum

Fair comment Mark. They do seem to have let you down. Perhaps it's all gone south for the winter now Paul has left.:confused:

A.:o

rpn
9th July 2007, 09:35 PM
I have just bought a `98 Cooper.

Hello and welcome. '98 Cooper!!!! is it a classic Mini? :confused:

Gismo
10th July 2007, 06:52 AM
Hi and welcome to the site, for all things mini, go to Minimaster in Penrith, excellent folks :D

sedgie
10th July 2007, 05:09 PM
Hiya n Welcome:D

niknax
10th July 2007, 05:19 PM
hi and welcome to nms :)

Colin
10th July 2007, 11:11 PM
Welcome to the site. :D

Smurf
11th July 2007, 12:35 PM
Welcome! :D

I recognise your login from The Mini Clan too... ;)

lorbobo
11th July 2007, 04:36 PM
Welcome! :D

I recognise your login from The Mini Clan too... ;)

I`m on the prowl for advice to get my Cooper fancied up a wee bit so I`m signing up for many forums, i am absolutely hopless with a spanner so I`m surfing for tips.:D

Crombers
11th July 2007, 05:30 PM
Welcome to NMSland , from just down the road in Dumbarton :cool:

lorbobo
12th July 2007, 05:21 PM
I have just returned from harry fairnbairn bmw giffnock where my wife has just ordered a white mini one with pepper pack for september pick up.
We have went from no minis to 2 minis in 10 days. :D
I still prefer the Rover Cooper but i suppose the bmw wont rot as much. :D

Mini Ecosse
12th July 2007, 05:37 PM
Hi and welcome.
Passed Loch Lomond side today.
Bl**dy golf match on:( :(
Traffic jams everywhere:( :(

PACMAN
12th July 2007, 05:51 PM
Welcome to the mad hoose:D

Duncan Stewart
12th July 2007, 09:39 PM
:D Hi and Welcome :D

illegalhunter
13th July 2007, 09:13 PM
you have joined the loony bin for mini owners

Burple
13th July 2007, 11:22 PM
Welcome aboard.. that reminds me.. I should really join the Clan again :D

as for mods.. you can't go wrong with a Playmini exhaust :D or a stainless stell RC40. That and a cheeky wee K&N sould be a fine start! :cool:

...and what BS says... Minimaster :D

Bumble
14th July 2007, 12:09 PM
Hello and welcome I'm a new face here too!

Ivano
14th July 2007, 06:50 PM

I am going to contact Dastek to see if they would adjust the ride height of my KW Coilover suspension. I see they are agents for KW on their website.
I am not sure if they would do this given that the suspension wasn't supplied by them originally. I will mention NMS to see if that helps. I could do with getting it raised up to around 30mm

AndyP & Lenore
14th July 2007, 06:55 PM
I am going to contact Dastek to see if they would adjust the ride height of my KW Coilover suspension. I see they are agents for KW on their website.
I am not sure if they would do this given that the suspension wasn't supplied by them originally. I will mention NMS to see if that helps. I could do with getting it raised up to around 30mm

Ivano,

I doubt mentioning NMS will make any difference as they are not a sponsor of the site, but any sensible business owner is always interested in looking after customers from potential future groups.

As for them not being the supplying franchise of your KW suspension, again, I don't see that that should make any difference. At the end of the day, business is business. It's all chargeable labour.;)

Best of luck.;)

Ivano
14th July 2007, 07:58 PM
Ivano,

I doubt mentioning NMS will make any difference as they are not a sponsor of the site, but any sensible business owner is always interested in looking after customers from potential future groups.

As for them not being the supplying franchise of your KW suspension, again, I don't see that that should make any difference. At the end of the day, business is business. It's all chargeable labour.;)

Best of luck.;)

It is worth a try i suppose. i have dropped them a little enquiry email on their website. So i await the response.
They are only about an hour away from me, and to think i drove all the way down to Lohen and back on the same day to get the KW Coilovers. But hey i was just supporting a sponsor.....