PDA

View Full Version : Tyre pressures

vintageb3
8th July 2007, 08:05 PM
OK...I have 205 45 18"'s on Runkacks (Like that you runflat haters?:D )

I thought I better check tyre pressures before Stone's run today....and I took them all to 2.3bar. I can't rememeber what I had in before:rolleyes: May have been 2.5bar

The handling felt too soft...and i had a fair bit of wiggle on corners....and I'm not used to that!...It was like taking off the strut braces.

Got some advice from guys on the run...but wonder if anyone else with the same set of tyre could advise.

mark

sedgie
8th July 2007, 08:20 PM
As i said to you mark....mine 35psi.....n they 205 40 18's

vintageb3
8th July 2007, 08:31 PM
As i said to you mark....mine 35psi.....n they 205 40 18's

Lesley...I think that is spot on!...and I think that's what I had in before.

Mine are no as posh as yours though...mines are 45's.:)

Don't know if there would be much difference though

Thanks!

mark

Ivano
9th July 2007, 08:28 AM
I have the same set up and i checked my tyre pressures recently and set it at 2.3 Bar and like you say it felt too soft and didn't like the feeling so i checked the recommended pressures on the door sill and reset it at 2.6 Bar (which is what it recommends for 4 People + Luggage. Its a bone shaking ride but feels more solid than the softer 2.3 Bar.

OK...I have 205 45 18"'s on Runkacks (Like that you runflat haters?:D )

I thought I better check tyre pressures before Stone's run today....and I took them all to 2.3bar. I can't rememeber what I had in before:rolleyes: May have been 2.5bar

The handling felt too soft...and i had a fair bit of wiggle on corners....and I'm not used to that!...It was like taking off the strut braces.

Got some advice from guys on the run...but wonder if anyone else with the same set of tyre could advise.

mark