PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE FROM ABERDEEN??

jenny
10th February 2004, 08:34 PM
Hi just wondering if there is mini owners from aberdeen on this site.:):question:

Monsta Mo Mini
10th February 2004, 08:55 PM
Lots! They'll make themselves known ....

Scheckter MC
10th February 2004, 10:10 PM
Me!!
:D

Am sure the others will catch up shortly......

zimbo
11th February 2004, 12:46 AM
Tha Aberdeen crowd is getting almost as big as the Dundee crowd.... :p

minidriver#1
11th February 2004, 12:48 AM
i recon a dual in the squared circle is in order. Or a game of hopskotch to decide who is the best.

monkimagic
11th February 2004, 03:27 AM
Thought I would say Hi again to Jenny but also to all Aberdeen NMS members, look forward to hearing from you all and flashin on Anderson Drive, maybe an Aberdeen informal meet at the beach for coffee some sunday morning ????????

Gismo
11th February 2004, 04:45 PM
I was driving down Anderson Drive around @ 20.45, that's 8.45pm for the Dundee lot :p as i got home unexpectedly :D due away again Friday :(

Julz
11th February 2004, 05:17 PM
Passing visit then???;):D (will you be back again for the St. Andys run?:eek:)

Krusty
11th February 2004, 05:50 PM
I'm from Aberdeen too - in fact - there's heaps of us!

My other half John (Zippy), he's got a Pepper White MC and I've got an all Black MCS. We live out in Westhill but are always in Aberdeen. Mini drivers in Aberdeen dont tend to flash and wave much though - Zippy gets upset with them and gives them the finger wave instead!!!!:D

zimbo
12th February 2004, 01:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by Krusty

Mini drivers in Aberdeen dont tend to flash and wave much though - Zippy gets upset with them and gives them the finger wave instead!!!!:D

You see... now you dont get this sort of behaviour from the Dundee squad, we are all very nice very friendly people :D

monkimagic
12th February 2004, 11:02 AM
Well krusty, if you see a silver MC with black bonnet strips and a bee sting , I will flash you back, I am often out and about in westhill as my inlaws stay out there, but sadly you are right, Aberdonians tend not to flash but if we keep up the good work they will catch on.

Are you going on the Madmarch run with the Aberdeen mini club, it starts at the shepards rest in march sometime, I am not a member so dont know yet if they will let me tag along http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/sydenham/134/monkey.gif

cpmac
12th February 2004, 12:07 PM
Hi Jenny.
I stay in Collieston.Always driving through Aberdeen in my BRG MCS.There are quite a few of us from the area.:D:D:cool:.What model you got???

Krusty
12th February 2004, 05:57 PM
Not sure about the march run - I'll definitely be going down for a lookie at all the cars though:D

You should see if they have a website and ask about joining in - and let us all know. Might be a good afternoon out:cool:

monkimagic
13th February 2004, 03:53 AM
will do

DNV122
13th February 2004, 07:58 AM
me me me

i've seen so many over the last few days, i've decided that my hands need to stay on the steering wheel

it must be time for a mini meet in aberdeen area

what about a joint dundee/aberdeen meet at the top of teh cairn o mount (half way ?) ????

Sunday...............

jenny
13th February 2004, 06:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by cpmac

Hi Jenny.
I stay in Collieston.Always driving through Aberdeen in my BRG MCS.There are quite a few of us from the area.:D:D:cool:.What model you got???

Hi, well im from out the alford direction so im often in and around westhill. Im in aberdeen most days aswell. Iv got a red MCS with white roof and mirrors and short plates.:D

Burple
13th February 2004, 07:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by DNV122

me me me
i've seen so many over the last few days, i've decided that my hands need to stay on the steering wheel
it must be time for a mini meet in aberdeen area
what about a joint dundee/aberdeen meet at the top of teh cairn o mount (half way ?) ????
Sunday...............

Hey... why the hell not!! :D

minidriver#1
13th February 2004, 07:13 PM
aye sounds good. what this sunday?

DNV122
17th February 2004, 06:20 AM
Have to be this Sunday now (22nd ?)

Drive up/down A90, meet @ Fourdoun, head through Auchenblae, Drumtochty Glen, up to Cairn o' Mount, head for Banchory, then ????

Ideas please

garywatt
18th February 2004, 05:34 AM
Hi all

In live in Bridge of Don and commute to Westhill in the mornings so some folks might see me. Usually starting up the Drive after the horrendous parkway traffic for Provost Fraser Drive at about 7.35am (ish) then along towards the top end of Lang Stracht then on to Westhill.

A pic of my current can be viewed on http://www.pbase.com/garywatt
Also lets you see what else I am into.......and no, not the sheep!

Cheers

Gary Watt

Krusty
18th February 2004, 05:46 PM
Gary,

Did you know that it's quicker if you cut up through Bucksburn then to Kingswells and on to Westhill? My mate lives in BOD and used to commute that way - no traffic lights and roundabouts to get held up at!!

garywatt
18th February 2004, 08:36 PM
Krusty

Don't you think I have tried that :p
Seems like every way I try, it's worse than the way I tried before :(
I will maybe try it again sometime, once I get the new car so I can show it off!

Cheers

Gary Watt

bpirie1000
19th February 2004, 05:05 PM
Mad March Freeze will be a right Laugh ..

Details Here.. www.amoc.8k.com

Sorry But I had to Mini club secretary.. Well I would be if went to the meetings... OOOPS...

And EVERY ONE IS WELCOME....

How about an Aberdeen Run then???

Lets start a List then....

NMS seams to be getting quite quiet from aberdeen lets get that fixed...

1.Brian
2.Krusty
3.zippy

Julz
19th February 2004, 05:17 PM
Does it really start at 12am????????:eek:

Krusty
19th February 2004, 05:50 PM
Brizee - mini run at lunchtime to Costco;):D

Tony
19th February 2004, 09:06 PM
Well we are almost miniless,......so Im afriad that our mini adventures are almost stopped before they got started.........:(

Not to worry, maybe someday soon, when everything else is back in place we can affors to buy another one!.....do you think i can still be an honourer member of NMS, even if i dont have a MINI? - What if i just stick my NMS window sticker on my new car......

Krusty
19th February 2004, 11:16 PM
Hi Tony,

Sorry to hear that you're selling. You need to tell Morag that while she's still driving a mini it's only right that she waves to other mini drivers!!!!

Spotted her last night when we were in the PW Mini and she didn't wave:disapprove:

What you getting instead?

Tony
19th February 2004, 11:21 PM
morag has difficulty driving,....let alone taking one hand off the wheel to wave (and im not kidding!!)
she tells me she sees minis, and she gives them a wee smile,....but who sees a smile at xxmph??

we are going spend about 6k,...so who knows. maybe a saxo vtr (ergh!!),..no seriously, we need to jump off the mini band wagon to make some money,..and i still want a 1600cc,...something that is at least reasonable fun, cheap to insure, etc, etc,...and evo did give it 4 stars, so it cant be all that bad!

its a shame, but ill still be around.

hows zippys car sale going? - any interest,...there should be!
ill still be around for runs, guys, if im welcome.

see ya

garywatt
20th February 2004, 08:01 AM
Hi all

Mini run to Costco.......If it's the Westhill one, count me in. I work next door(ish)
I can sometimes see a red Mini from one of the works windows.

Cheers

Gary Watt

Krusty
20th February 2004, 07:48 PM
Where do you work Gary??

I work just round the corner from Costco too - well, ish - on Enterprise Drive.

So yes - it was the Costco at Westhill that we meant!

Tony
21st February 2004, 12:37 AM
westhill has always appeared to be the epicentre of minilife.....

monkimagic
21st February 2004, 03:02 AM
Hi folks, see this thread, I was hoping to put something together for this run, but would like to hook up with you guys..

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1285

bpirie1000
22nd February 2004, 07:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000
Lets start a List then....

NMS seams to be getting quite quiet from aberdeen lets get that fixed...

1.Brian
2.Krusty
3.zippy

anymore??? looks like everyone is ashamed to admit there from Aberdeen. he he

never mind ..

Brizee

monkimagic
23rd February 2004, 04:11 AM
Maybe start a list or new thread in the Mini meets section, either way, Count me in.

Monki

http://www.zooish.com/_borders/FunFind_trailer_camping_camper_bear_sm_wht.gif

garywatt
23rd February 2004, 05:51 PM
Hi Krusty

Working on Discovery Drive......only one building there........Invsat!

Cheers

Gary Watt

bpirie1000
27th February 2004, 05:36 PM
gary is your the dk silver cooper s.......

I saw you today (FROM THE BUS) couldn't get ma car out ma drive cause of the 6" of snow. and gave up Back in the garage for my little baby.... Not worth risking another bump... since john clark did the first one.....

c_me_swim
29th February 2004, 03:54 AM
I'm from Aberdeen and drive an all Pepper White MCS.

I've also found not many other Mini drivers in Aberdeen Flash back when you flash to say hi.

monkimagic
29th February 2004, 11:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by c_me_swim

I'm from Aberdeen and drive an all Pepper White MCS.

I've also found not many other Mini drivers in Aberdeen Flash back when you flash to say hi.

Keep flashing your lights, someday we will meet and I will say hi, welcome to NMS :D:D:D

Gismo
29th February 2004, 12:05 PM
Welcome to NMS, as more and more mini's appear in Aberdeen the waving and flashing has diminished (pun intended)
Don't give up though as there are plenty people to be educated :evil:

bpirie1000
2nd March 2004, 05:47 AM
Think I hit the record today in aberdeen

I got a total of 5 today........... yipeeee

sorry far to excited by that ..
think i need to go for a lie down!!!! or a thrash in the back roads...

brizee

garywatt
2nd March 2004, 10:10 PM
Hi all

Brian, sorry for coming in late with the reply.

Nope, wasn't me. I'm driving an Indie Blue with white roof and stipes.soon to be changed for silver, black roof and stripes :o)

Cheers

Gary Watt

bpirie1000
8th March 2004, 04:46 PM
Alright Westhillers Keep your eyes Peeled for teh New Pepper white mini 1 with the Zeemax kit.... Rather nice if I say so myself...

WE stopped him yesterday and told hima about nms and mini2 so expect to see him on a forum near you soon ......

Cheers Brizeee

DNV122
10th March 2004, 08:14 AM
I normally see a DS MSC on St Swithin's St in the morning (S?03CZH?), just after passing a park Cooper with reg starting with MIJ, and pass a few other when coming home.

Anyone out there see me - IB/IB MCS - no stripes, no nuttin' ?

monkimagic
10th March 2004, 08:49 AM
Sorry DNV122. Havnae seen you yet, Where are you driving mostly, I am around the southside (sounds cooler than it is ) Bridge of dee, holburn, ect.....

Scheckter MC
10th March 2004, 11:10 PM
I'm a 'southsider' too - stay on Riverside Drive near Bridge of Dee.
Will keep an eye out for you Monki - what you drivin?

DNV122 - occasionally up St Swithin St way in the morning on the way to work. I sometimes see a red 'n' white Cooper on Ashley Rd, and am sure I've seen one starting MIJ (unless that is the red one?!).
Will keep eyes peeled for IB/IB MCS when up that way next..........

Saw Pepper White Zeemax on Union St on Saturday or Sunday afternoon!
Nice, and definitely stands out, but not my cup of tea.

I'm still to be spotted in my new motah..........

:cool:

Scheckter MC
10th March 2004, 11:12 PM

DNV122 - occasionally up St Swithin St way in the morning on the way to work. I sometimes see a red 'n' white Cooper on Ashley Rd, and am sure I've seen one starting MIJ (unless that is the red one?!).

Scheckter MC
10th March 2004, 11:14 PM

monkimagic
11th March 2004, 02:15 AM
Hi Scheckter MCS

I drive a Silver cooper, Black roof ( sunroof ) black stripes, chrome bee-sting ariel and Shark gill side repeaters. wwwnewminiscotland.co.uk window sticker on back window.

What about you what should I look out for, its a MCS, colour ? ect......

Monki

Southsiders :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

monkimagic
11th March 2004, 02:18 AM
There was a MCS parked at the railway arches lastnight pfter riverside. who was that ??

I also saw that pepper white cooper on george street on Mon afternoon 5pmish

Monki;)

monkimagic
11th March 2004, 02:21 AM
Scheckter MCS

Have you seen the thread about the 04 cooper challenge meet

Monki

Scheckter MC
11th March 2004, 09:15 PM
Have seen thread re 16th May Knockhill. Think (hope) I should be free for that, but will have to confirm nearer the time.

Saw Pepper White Zeemax again last night.
Hehehe

As for me - all Black MCS, Aero Kit, Chrome Mirrors, 17" S-spokes, SV04..........

monkimagic
11th March 2004, 09:52 PM
Oh My sounds like a very cool choice of colour ect... I will look out for you.

Monki

DNV122
12th March 2004, 07:23 AM
What about a gallety of front and back views (with reg plates partially blanked), so i can put them on my dash and wave/toot/flash, when I pass you !!!

This me 10 days ago (oh b*gger - how do you insert photos ?)

Scheckter MC
12th March 2004, 08:07 PM
I intent to borrow someone's digicam, as I don't have, so I can stick some pictures of the new motor on here somewhere. Better late than never I guess?!

Out of curiosity, could someone please tell me how you do actually insert pictures / photos to a reply?!?!!!

Burple
12th March 2004, 08:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by Scheckter MC

I intent to borrow someone's digicam, as I don't have, so I can stick some pictures of the new motor on here somewhere. Better late than never I guess?!
Out of curiosity, could someone please tell me how you do actually insert pictures / photos to a reply?!?!!!

Y soitenly...
You have to have them hosted somewhere else on the web first.
Your nice shiny Mini2 gallery is the ideal place.
If you're new to all this.... have a wee look Here (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/faq.asp) first.... but if that makes no sense....

(Simple version)
Upload your pictures to your mini2 gallery, and view the picture. at the top of the picture there's a line of text, wich starts with
"Use this picture in the MINI2 forums:"
Highlight the whole line below this, right click and copy
Now come back to the light (NMS ;)) and start your thread (or open the one you want to put the pics in). On the screen where you type in your new thread, where the line format mode is, change that to Prompt, then click on the 4th button from the right (Insert Image). when the box pops up, right click on the white text line and paste the text you copied into the line, then hit OK.
Now try it out to see if it works,
click on the preview button below and gaze in awe at your spiffy handiwork.. :D
It should appear like this:
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/low_n_loud1/24587_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/low_n_loud1/24587.jpg)
and you can even click on it to se the full size pic! :D:D

All Major brands of beer accepted ;):D:D

AberdeenMini
12th March 2004, 09:37 PM
Hiya im new and im from Aberdeen

Gismo
13th March 2004, 04:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by AberdeenMini
Hiya im new and im from AberdeenWelcome to the end of boring days, get yourself along to some of the many events we have :)

monkimagic
13th March 2004, 05:00 AM
Hi Aberdeen mini.

Check out the mini meets section for up and coming meets in Aberdeen

Monki

DNV122
14th March 2004, 06:52 AM
Hopefully this is going to work

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/DNV122/28919_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/DNV122/28919.jpg)

DNV122
14th March 2004, 06:52 AM
ah hah

monkimagic
14th March 2004, 08:16 PM
you,ve done it

:phttp://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/images/400/rabcnesbitt_2.jpg

garywatt
16th March 2004, 07:51 PM
Hi all

Driving to work this morning (Tuesday) someone waved to me in a black Mini but I didn't wave back. Have to apologise as I was half asleep and didn't really notice till he/she was past :o(

Cheers

Gary Watt
Indie Blue with white stripes

bpirie1000
18th March 2004, 04:48 PM
GARY WHERE WERE YOU ??

THINK IT WAS ME.

IF IT WAS ON WAY IN FROM WESTHILL.. IT WAS..

I have my std wheels back on for a bit though. Through a shoe on Monday night... NOT GOOD UNLESS YOUR MA BANK MANAGER....

anyway Glad you Know your mistakes.. you going on sunday?? MAD MARCH MINI FREEZE??

It'll be a laugh

Cheers Brian (BMP)

garywatt
18th March 2004, 06:17 PM
Brian

Yep, it probably was you as I work in Westhill. Cannot remember where it was not but I go along Lang Stracht then on to the dual carriagway.

Won't manage this Sunday but hopefully will be ready for the next meet. Should be getting the new car mid April so looking forward to that.

Cheers

Gary Watt

M4XNS
19th March 2004, 04:18 AM
Have been on this site a couple of times but alas have been without internet access for what seems like an age. Aargh.

Glad to see more people from Aberdeen are saying hello. Not long moved to area and have been commuting in and out last two/three weeks.

Anyway got my second wave in that time today from a lovely gent in a black either cooper or cooper s(not sure as he was stuck in traffic and i was going the opposite way) with white bonnet stripes.

Bear with me here (I am kinda of a tourist) while i try to explain where. It was on the back road from Kingswells to Dyce which takes you out at Marshall trailers.

It should also be noted that i did wave back but he might not have seen as I had black gloves on. Anyway before I passed him I passed at least three mini's with not so much as a smile. How ignorant can people be.

I was so pleased that someone maid the effort it made the long journey home bearable.

Read about the mad march freeze in the P&J but bit shy of coming on my own. Is there a lot going

M4XNS
19th March 2004, 04:34 AM
Forgot to mention that the guy with the white pepper and zeemax bodykit works same place as i do.

monkimagic
19th March 2004, 09:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by M4XNS

Forgot to mention that the guy with the white pepper and zeemax bodykit works same place as i do.

There is a small gathering at the beach 10 am to drive out there, see the mini meets section

Monki

miniFEF
20th March 2004, 10:40 PM
hey just been told about the site! noticed some of you have noticed my car in and around aberdeen(pep white zeemax)! cheers

minidriver#1
20th March 2004, 11:01 PM
do you have any pics miniFEF?! :)

miniFEF
20th March 2004, 11:04 PM
need to get my scanner up and runnin first but got few pics!

garywatt
30th March 2004, 07:27 PM
Brian

Was that you on the Lang Stracht this morning.....flashing and waving?

If so, that's the last time you'll see my Indie Blue........I pick up the silver Cooper this afternoon :o)

Cheers

Gary Watt

miniac
4th April 2004, 06:10 AM
I'm in Aberdeen!!!

If you are too you should come to a cruise at the Aberdeen Exibition Center on SUNDAY It starts at 8pm.

I'm trying to make it as big as it can be.

There are People coming from dundee and from al over aberdeenshire... you should all come if you can and come and say Hi!

I drive a Blue classic fiberglass mini on a Q plate with white arches - COME AND SAY HI!!!!!!!

cheers
sean

Gismo
4th April 2004, 09:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by miniac
I'm in Aberdeen!!!
If you are too you should come to a cruise at the Aberdeen Exibition Center on SUNDAY It starts at 8pm. I replied to your other post, i'll be there, should i get there before 8pm????

bpirie1000
5th April 2004, 03:57 PM
sorry Alittle late to meet you Sean..glad to see you got another Engine sorted Out.. bet you can change them quicker than ever now...

anyway.. How was the Event??

Was to busy being force fed Booze. but never mind someone had to do it.. Wish I hadn't this morning now...

Ho humn...

Gismo
5th April 2004, 04:29 PM
Having seen Sean's mini close up it was an amazing sight, he mentioned he can change engines in 3 hours :eek:
All in all a good night, pity i had to leave early

Burple
5th April 2004, 10:02 PM
Hey Sean...

Just saw the Pic of your car...

Didn't we sort of Ambush you at the Dundee cruise?? :D:D