PDA

View Full Version : Legitimate headlight upgrade?

RyanK
5th July 2007, 11:42 PM
Hi folks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-MINI-CHROME-ANGEL-EYE-HEADLIGHTS-COOPER-S-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ300126747076QQihZ020QQcategoryZ10374Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does anone have an idea if these headlights featured in the link above would be legit?

Just from looking at the page in which the lights are selling on, I can sense something dodgey ... or is that just me? Just by the way its layed out etc not that im fussy:p

Reason being anyway is that I have wanted a set of facelift headlights for a while now but didn't want to buy a set due to the high costs + the involved costs due to the hard job in fitting them. So these are kind of a steal at £170

Cheers folks, Ryan:)

Gismo
6th July 2007, 03:15 AM
Hmm, not sure, don't know the legal issues here at all, however, i see they have the headlamp washer bit, so, they are a replacement for the Xenon headlamps, so, you must retain the Xenon feature and i'm guessing that you swap over all internals except the Halo part???

I would be asking the question to him

GAJ
6th July 2007, 09:09 AM
I wouldn't botherasking as the seller has already answered your question in his description - Road Legal & E-marked - Your car Will pass an MOT with these lights on.

RyanK
6th July 2007, 01:34 PM
I wouldn't botherasking as the seller has already answered your question in his description - Road Legal & E-marked - Your car Will pass an MOT with these lights on.

Yes but just the fact that the page in which he is selling them from looks dodge.

There are alot of dodge sellers as you will know

Hmm, not sure, don't know the legal issues here at all, however, i see they have the headlamp washer bit, so, they are a replacement for the Xenon headlamps, so, you must retain the Xenon feature and i'm guessing that you swap over all internals except the Halo part???

I would be asking the question to him

Thats what i was thinking but i am a tad confused:confused:

I will get onto it and ask him if Halogen lights can operate through these headlights, or whether you have to have factory fit xenons.

Hopefully time will tell + it will be really good news to me if they are 100% legit and can run on halogen bulbs.

Ryan

Sweeney
6th July 2007, 02:05 PM
Be wary, They don't look like standard bmw/mini parts ;) looks like replicas, plus offering them in black rather than chrome, most certainly not a bmw/mini option ;)

GAJ
6th July 2007, 02:13 PM
The page doesn't look dodgy to me. The boy's no graphic designer, granted, but he has been selling headlight upgrades on eBay for almost 5 years and his feedback is excellent. He states that the lights are e-marked.

It looks like a pretty professional outfit IMO, he lists a physical address and a land line number, and he has published a privacy policy which complies with the DPA.

If you still have any doubt search on the address and telephone number, but I think you are worrying unnecessarily. (Probably because his page looks like a teenagers homepage from 1998!!)

RyanK
6th July 2007, 02:27 PM
The page doesn't look dodgy to me. The boy's no graphic designer, granted, but he has been selling headlight upgrades on eBay for almost 5 years and his feedback is excellent. He states that the lights are e-marked.

It looks like a pretty professional outfit IMO, he lists a physical address and a land line number, and he has published a privacy policy which complies with the DPA.

If you still have any doubt search on the address and telephone number, but I think you are worrying unnecessarily. (Probably because his page looks like a teenagers homepage from 1998!!)

Yes its just that reason, that his page looks like a teenagers homepage from 1998

However i have to agree with you, i based my opinion on the decor of the page. Not with the facts that you have stated i.e privacy policy etc.

Cheers for the advice

Be wary, They don't look like standard bmw/mini parts ;) looks like replicas, plus offering them in black rather than chrome, most certainly not a bmw/mini option ;)

Yeh they are probably made from the company who make the Halo lights "ultra led".

I will have a look around on other websites in which offer ultra led's products then make a decision

They are not exactly mindblowingly cheap

Thanks for the advice

Big Gordy
6th July 2007, 02:54 PM
Reading through his feedback your main concern should be the quality of the equipment he is auctioning:eek: Most of the negatives seem to be quality related.......you only get what you pay for in this case I think.....there cheaper for a reason:rolleyes:

X30YES
6th July 2007, 04:20 PM
2d worth now :rolleyes:

1st .I'd say the page is ok and straight to the point ,with telephone and contact details easy to find !! .
2nd , He has a good feed back and 99.3%, and 33606 is not bad at all is it .
3rd ,The only thing is ...is it a replacement lense/base and lamp holders ...what about all the Xenon Gas bits that are on the back for the conversion ,and is it not about 12-1300 from the dealers to change upgrade ...might be more I'm not sure ,so I'd ask if it included everything .
4th , Black option ,I'm not aware of that from the stealers as "the boy says".

G19RNT
8th July 2007, 09:25 PM
hi there i have a set facelift xenon lights the 2004 onwards style if you are interested they have bulbs and starters and washer jets no washer pump bottle or piping tho am looking for £250

fireman01
10th July 2007, 10:53 PM
the lights look ok,fitted a similar set to a golf for a friend,the mini lights are just facelift style they are not xenons,you use your original bulbs

GCA3N
10th July 2007, 11:00 PM
i have checked them out i dont see a problem , as long as they are not a different colour of light. if you think back it wasnt that long ago you used to see cars with the yellow lights, and now there are the ultra bright lamps that shine a blue colour, hope this was a help