PDA

View Full Version : a bit of fun wich is the worst on the road ?

stoney
4th July 2007, 02:41 PM
ok so here i go

just a wee bit of fun but what one of the follwing most gets on your nervs on the road ???????? for me it prob most of them but can only pick one :mad:

ok i messed up on the granny one it should say doing 35 in a 60 not 40 !!!

Burple
4th July 2007, 03:01 PM
Without a doubt. Taxi Drivers. Well the ones round here are. Shower of ignorant morons that shouldn't be allowed behind the handles of a shopping trolley.

AeroJonny
4th July 2007, 03:13 PM
definitely sunday drivers...driving too slow can be just as bad as speeding. Theyre more unpredictable than the rest too.

FergusM
4th July 2007, 03:45 PM
For me HGV's... back road I take to work is full of massive trucks going to a quarry, they always struggle to do more than 15mph going up the hill towards it and invariably take up more than their own side of the road !

Certainly keeps me on my toes in the morning.

john
4th July 2007, 06:49 PM
Taxis are bad but BUSES are worse;)

KenL
4th July 2007, 07:56 PM
I say motorbikes :rolleyes: Not all of them of course :)

They don't slow you down but they really get me when they take BIG risks blasting up in between lanes on the motorway/Edi bypass. Even though the traffic can be doing 40 or so, they will over/undertake cars up the white line in between. Crazy:confused:

Also, why do they think it is OK to blast through town at ridiculous speeds? I had one guy the other day overtake about 5 cars along a road that is 30mph speed limit for a reason. He must have hit 60, in broad daylight.

I don't mind Sunday drivers, probably be one myself one day :o

duncan
4th July 2007, 08:04 PM
Boy racers, and infact Girl Racers, in their chaved up superminis with stupidly loud exhausts that are just Industrial Heinz Beans tins welded on, with the silencer removed.

AndyP & Lenore
4th July 2007, 09:01 PM
Voted for tractors, 'cos I agree with someone in Rob's other thread; they pull out in front with complete disregard for what's coming towards them.:mad:

But, the only one you missed for me is the a$$holes who do 40 mph in a 60 limit area and drive you nuts because they are driving well below the road conditions allow. Only to keep doing 40mph when they get into the 30mph limit area and risk killing a child/dog/cat/little-old-lady etc.

IMHO, these drivers are probably one of the most dangerous of all as they are clearly driving along in little a world of their own. Not necessarily on their mobile, just dreaming about life/holidays/gettin' laid etc. and not caring a jot about how dangerous their inattention is.

A.:mad: :mad:

Colin
4th July 2007, 10:40 PM
Yeh the one that gets me is the "constant speed driver" 40mph everywhere:mad:

RyanK
5th July 2007, 12:25 AM
Almost everything in the list haha...

Nah seriously though how annoying are buses & taxis. Both proceed a routine of cutting people up all of the time.

X30YES
5th July 2007, 08:41 AM
I'd be with John on this one ...Bus and Taxi drivers :(

ELFMAN
5th July 2007, 02:22 PM
I'm with Andy & Colin on this one - folks doing 45mph on the 'open road', and then, you've guessed it, doing exactly the same speed through wee villages & towns. They hold you up when the road's good (there's ALWAYS something coming when you get an overtaking chance), then they pull away from you when you slow for the 30/20mph limit. 'Dawdlers' in general. A 20mm Cannon would do the trick....

Reps who sit up your chuff in big Audis/Beemers etc, especially when you're not in the mood to “Unleash the Beast”! Tedious. OH! When you're up North on Single Track roads - folk who WON'T pull over to let you past, despite all the signs telling them to, plus flashing Xenons and spots.... this ALWAYS happens when you have a ferry to catch! When you finally get past, they look at you as if you're the spawn of the devil......(if only they knew....whhoooohooohooohahahahahahaha!!!!!).

Cyclists who totally ignore all road regulations - like Red Lights, Lanes etc, and wonder why motorists get p*ssed off at them. Most serious (Motor)BIKERS are very good, especially if you give them a bit of room to get past etc - I've usually found mutual respect between fast bikes and fast cars, but you do get the odd ones who're just mental, or “Organ Donors” as a medical chum of mine refers to them.

Apart from that, I love EVERYBODY. But love is a fickle thing......... (If anybody finds that they have developed 'Fickle Thing', there's an ointment you can get from the chemist.....or so I've been told).

Gaz B
5th July 2007, 02:25 PM
tipper drivers..............not hgv,just tippers:mad:

bsimage
5th July 2007, 05:43 PM
Without a doubt, TAXi DRIVERS..
Think they own the road, Ignorant, Arrogant, Greedy for Money Bassas.
And they drive up your Exhaust, no matter what speed you do (the ONLY way they can do that to me if I've got an old Granny in front), ummm, Should I change my Vote? :rolleyes:

monkimagic
5th July 2007, 08:19 PM
Essex tractors are missing, waste of bloody time having such wide,big, smelly 4X4's for everyday use.

I vote for them and Kenl for dissing bikes.:D

KenL
5th July 2007, 09:04 PM
Essex tractors are missing, waste of bloody time having such wide,big, smelly 4X4's for everyday use.

I vote for them and Kenl for dissing bikes.:D

Right enough, if they were on the list I would have defo voted for them.

I've nothing against bikes, just some bikers;)

Scottie
7th July 2007, 08:18 PM
well anyone who does something wrong gets on my nerves.

Mostly though I hate those guys that can see round corners how do they manage that coming up to a corner on an A road and there they go out for an overtake.:mad: and normally it's the poor sod coming in the other directions that ends up dead.

People not sitting in the right lane on a roundabout is another one.

People not taking care when the road is either covered in snow or ice.

Male drivers bug me because they all think they are better drivers than what they are.:eek: ;)

oh I could go on and on

niknax
7th July 2007, 08:26 PM
yep blue rinse brigade do my head in specially on the main dual carraigeways......when they just decide to move into the outside lane and your doing a pretty high speed ....................:mad:

The Dogfather
8th July 2007, 05:30 PM
All of the above but Bikes are top of the list. Most riders are fine but there seems to be a hardcore of idiots near us who are determined to end their lives in a ditch.

KenL
8th July 2007, 08:15 PM
All of the above but Bikes are top of the list. Most riders are fine but there seems to be a hardcore of idiots near us who are determined to end their lives in a ditch.

Hurray :) , someone agrees with me ;)

Gordons_cooper_wrks
8th July 2007, 09:50 PM
Bloody old slow folk on the clyde valley road every day of the week!!!!!

monkimagic
9th July 2007, 01:21 AM
I have just added Paul to my list :D

S7JGW
16th July 2007, 09:51 PM
Old grannies and Micra drivers annoy me lol
50cc scooter idiots anoy me aswell
Jim

J Cee
21st July 2007, 02:06 AM
HGV drivers and people who sit in the overtaking lane on a dual carriageway or motorway and don’t go above 65-70 mph.
And then give you a hard time when you undertake them especially when I am on a bike that does a 170mph.

S7JGW
22nd July 2007, 09:43 AM
HGV drivers and people who sit in the overtaking lane on a dual carriageway or motorway and don’t go above 65-70 mph.
And then give you a hard time when you undertake them especially when I am on a bike that does a 170mph.

Ooo yea forgot about them in the overtaking lane. That really bugs me too

GP 1536
23rd July 2007, 07:31 PM
You missed out white vans.White vans do my nut in.They cut others up more than any other type of driver.4x4's are a pain as well,especially when they're trying to parallel park and take up the whole road,and take forever trying to manoever cos their 4x4s are just to big.Don't care to much for Porsche drivers either.

The Dogfather
23rd July 2007, 07:42 PM
My biggest hate is anyone who speeds in a residential area. Like the pricks I saw tonight one in a WRX the other one on a bike, racing! Both must have been doing over 70.

KenL
23rd July 2007, 09:09 PM
I moaned about bikes also. Yesterday there was someone ripping it along the main street in my town in the middle of the afternoon. I don't know why the police don't give them more heat.

Also, why are they allowed to have letters on their number plates that are about 1" high?

The Dogfather
23rd July 2007, 10:23 PM
I think bikes should be fitted with tachographs ;)

AndyP & Lenore
23rd July 2007, 10:29 PM

lol. That would spoil their fun. And make the roads safer for everyone including them.

A.;)

Big Gordy
24th July 2007, 08:16 AM
Where's that wee smilie with the flame thrower when you need it:rolleyes: ;) :D
Yes they shouldn't have tiny numberplates and yes they shouldn't act like pillocks through built up areas (or anywhere else for that matter:rolleyes: ) but its not just bikers:mad: What about cars with overly tinted windows, 6" bore exhausts, foglights that are on all the time, drivers that sit soooooooo low they can hardly see out, etc,etc...the list is endless:eek: :rolleyes: Rant over:D

Hunni1066
25th July 2007, 08:50 PM
Has to be the old grannies going about 10mph everywhere and you just can't get passed. What is the point if the speed limit is 30 or whatever. Argh!!! :mad:

PACMAN
25th July 2007, 08:55 PM
Aberdeen harbor is it not :D

Hunni1066
26th July 2007, 07:31 PM
Aberdeen harbor is it not :D

It is! I thought it was quite pretty! Some parts can be anyway.. lol

J Cee
29th July 2007, 12:53 PM
Idiots on mobile phones. I have only one question what’s so important it can’t wait until they get home or pull over?

Coop
2nd August 2007, 08:48 PM
I voted for tractors, but by that I mean farm plant in general. You ready for a wee moan? Here goes...

Machinery that takes up 3/4 of the width of the road so that you canna get past

Tractors that don't pull over to let rows of traffic past

Vehicles that are not road legal being moved between farms / fields ie fork lifts, spreaders etc

Anything that leaves cow s**t on the road!

Also, moving on slightly, tailgaters and those who undertake get on my nerves :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ok, Im done now. This is like therapy! :)

KenL
2nd August 2007, 10:05 PM
Poor farmers are only doing their job and trying to put food on your table!

monkimagic
3rd August 2007, 12:12 AM
Where's that wee smilie with the flame thrower when you need it:rolleyes: ;) :D
Yes they shouldn't have tiny numberplates and yes they shouldn't act like pillocks through built up areas (or anywhere else for that matter:rolleyes: ) but its not just bikers:mad: What about cars with overly tinted windows, 6" bore exhausts, foglights that are on all the time, drivers that sit soooooooo low they can hardly see out, etc,etc...the list is endless:eek: :rolleyes: Rant over:D

here he is

http://www.suzukiownersclub.co.uk/forum/smileys/fire.gif

AndyP & Lenore
3rd August 2007, 12:13 AM
Poor farmers are only doing their job and trying to put food on your table!

Yeah, but they could do it with a hell of a lot more consideration for other road users.:rolleyes:

A.;)

monkimagic
3rd August 2007, 12:14 AM
lol. That would spoil their fun. And make the roads safer for everyone including them.

A.;)

http://www.suzukiownersclub.co.uk/forum/smileys/fire.gif And here he is again http://www.suzukiownersclub.co.uk/forum/smileys/fire.gif

AndyP & Lenore
3rd August 2007, 12:20 AM

http://www.suzukiownersclub.co.uk/forum/smileys/fire.gif And here he is again http://www.suzukiownersclub.co.uk/forum/smileys/fire.gif

Hey.... how come Vidal Buffoon gets 1 shooter and I get 3?:eek: ;) :D

A.:D