PDA

View Full Version : Apple's iPhone

AndyP & Lenore
30th June 2007, 08:23 PM
Demonstrated by a BBC reporter in Apple's store (I think) in New York.

Probably one of the worst product demonstrations I've ver seen.

Loads in a BBC news viewer.

BBC news video (http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_6250000/newsid_6256600/6256602.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm)

A.

duncan
30th June 2007, 09:32 PM
Awful review!

So much hype for a phone with dated and limited features, and no real killer app. And its not even here yet!

When was the last time proper phone manufacturers got so much free airtime from the BBC?

vintageb3
30th June 2007, 09:35 PM
No one is forcing you two to buy one...

mark

duncan
30th June 2007, 09:38 PM
Ahh, wondered how long it would take the Apple Mafia to appear.

Should have run a sweepie ;)

AndyP & Lenore
30th June 2007, 09:40 PM
No one is forcing you two to buy one...

mark

Didn't say they were.:confused: But we're still entitled to our opinion.:cool:

I know the Apple iPhone was of topical discussion here on NMS in the past, I happened along the news clip which I posted, and I thought I'd contribute to that conversation.:o

You got a problem with that big fella? Eh? Eh? Right then, you and me outside, NOW!;)

A.:D

AeroJonny
30th June 2007, 09:58 PM
I think it looks a bit of a brute!! Just taken delivery of an LG/Prada phone and really quite like it, perhaps even more than my Nokia 8800 Sirocco. It'll be even better when my 2GB micro SD card arrives:P

vintageb3
30th June 2007, 10:03 PM
Ahh, wondered how long it would take the Apple Mafia to appear.

Should have run a sweepie ;)

He shoots!!!...He scores!!!:D ....Who fell into whose trap here???

Must of been all of ten minutes before you replied to my post.

Let you see mine when I get it

mark

vintageb3
30th June 2007, 10:07 PM
Didn't say they were.:confused: But we're still entitled to our opinion.:cool:

I know the Apple iPhone was of topical discussion here on NMS in the past, I happened along the news clip which I posted, and I thought I'd contribute to that conversation.:o

You got a problem with that big fella? Eh? Eh? Right then, you and me outside, NOW!;)

OH PULLLLEEELEAAAASE!!!

You and whose brother???:eek: :D

Go on...have a good go Apple bashers....:D :D

Its gonna be ahuge sucess...and you know why?

Because it will "just work"

:D

mark

AndyP & Lenore
30th June 2007, 10:44 PM
OH PULLLLEEELEAAAASE!!!

You and whose brother???:eek: :D

Go on...have a good go Apple bashers....:D :D

Its gonna be ahuge sucess...and you know why?

Because it will "just work"

:D

mark

ROFLMAO.:D :D :D

Me and MY brother. LOL. Although, I don't think Neil is much of a fighter.

Seriously though, my post wasn't about how sh!te the Apple iPhone is, it was much more about how sh!te the presenter was at showing off it's features. He couldn't get it to do anything. And when he did, his fat fingers made an arse of typing in digits.

Being honest, it's not the phone for me - I'll be giving it a wide side step. Nothing to do with it being an Apple product. <thinks>don't think I have any Apple products in the house anyway</thinks>. For me the side-step is purely because it is a touch screen phone. I had a bad experience with an Orange SPV touch screen phone. No use at all. How are you supposed to text someone and drive at the same time when you have to hold a wee wandy thingy. Nonsense.:eek:

A.;)

Neil and Lorna
30th June 2007, 11:07 PM

A.;)

Speak for yourself.:p

At least I would be able to get out of a wet paper bag.

And i'm not scared of wasps.:D

Neil.

vintageb3
30th June 2007, 11:11 PM
ROFLMAO.:D :D :D

Seriously though, my post wasn't about how sh!te the Apple iPhone is, it was much more about how sh!te the presenter was at showing off it's features. He couldn't get it to do anything. And when he did, his fat fingers made an arse of typing in digits.

Being honest, it's not the phone for me - I'll be giving it a wide side step. Nothing to do with it being an Apple product. <thinks>don't think I have any Apple products in the house anyway</thinks>. For me the side-step is purely because it is a touch screen phone. I had a bad experience with an Orange SPV touch screen phone. No use at all. How are you supposed to text someone and drive at the same time when you have to hold a wee wandy thingy. Nonsense.:eek:

A.;)

Mr P...

I was having laff...life's too short for fighting...and to be honest...its not Neil I was worrying about...its Lenore and Lorna!!!:eek: :D

I have touch screen SE P990i...I hate it...I liked my P910i though.

There isn't a stylus (that's the technical name for a...and I quote "wee wandy thing ;) ) with the iphone....and even so...texting while driving???

Its exactly what I'm looking for in a communication device...and i'm not at all bothered that it is an ipod...although I suppose that will be handy.

I know that it will drop onto Wifi networks without any problems...and it will work seamlessly with my address book and my email program.

No other phone I have owned has done this on XP or OS X. They were supposed to...but didn't. That's all I'm really looking for.

At the end of the day..if you are happy using what you use...use it.

mark

vintageb3
30th June 2007, 11:11 PM
Speak for yourself.:p

At least I would be able to get out of a wet paper bag.

Neil.

Pray tell us more Mr Tyson?

:)

mark

minidriver#1
30th June 2007, 11:16 PM
I noticed that they changed the size of the hand holding the iPhone in a lot of their promotional material to a bigger hand to make the phone look smaller.

AndyP & Lenore
30th June 2007, 11:41 PM

Neil.

Hey! I resemble that comment.:eek: :D

vintageb3
30th June 2007, 11:59 PM
I noticed that they changed the size of the hand holding the iPhone in a lot of their promotional material to a bigger hand to make the phone look smaller.

OH come on!!!:D

mark