PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow airport attack!!!

macblob
30th June 2007, 06:03 PM
Pretty mental stuff going on at glasgow airport.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6257194.stm

Wonder what the world is coming too :eek:

stoney
30th June 2007, 06:24 PM
shoking should have just left them 2 burn is what i say it makes it all feal a bit more real when its that colse 2 home !!!!!!!!!!

s15gma
30th June 2007, 06:50 PM
Too much speculation for me - but eye witnesses on beeb news are saying they were trying to fling petrol bombs in!! Nutzzz. Glad I don't holiday abroad - Greg and I hate planes with a passion - and boats - anything we cant drive basically!!!

zimbo
30th June 2007, 08:08 PM
Mmmm theres going to be trouble in the UK now... Just you wait and see.

s15gma
30th June 2007, 08:10 PM
Mmmm theres going to be trouble in the UK now... Just you wait and see.

Take it you think it's going to get worse?? More frequently??

:(

monkimagic
30th June 2007, 08:11 PM
What happened, was it an accident or did these guys attack it?

zimbo
30th June 2007, 08:14 PM
They attacked it, they tried to reverse and try going through again... Then tried to run away but were caught.

zimbo
30th June 2007, 08:20 PM
Take it you think it's going to get worse?? More frequently??

Yup, but mostly about the racism side of it, retaliation kind of things. And I dont condone any of that sort of behaviour.

s15gma
30th June 2007, 08:33 PM
Me neither. Paranoid state we live in already. The average 8 year old does not leave the back garden now apparently - I was climbing trees and spending whole days out with my pals at that age. So sad.

macblob
30th June 2007, 08:43 PM
Im just glad no one apart from the idiots that carried out the attack got hurt.
Remeber today is the first day of the Scottish school summer holidays so there was no doubt a lot of kids and families about in the airport

vintageb3
30th June 2007, 09:59 PM
Oh here we go again...blind panic by the general public.:(

I don't know who's hands it plays into more...the terrorists...or our beloved government.:confused:

So...who do we need to invade this time???

Wonder if we will invade Poland?..Nope!..they don't have oil...but wait a minute...do we need a oil pipeline to run through Poland?...Oh well maybe we will then:eek:

I for one wouldn't cancel any of my travel plans because of this "incident". That would just play into the hands of the perpetrators.

I hope we can keep this "attack" in proportion and not listen to the media.

After all...its was a vehicle with maybe two to three individuals...hitting a building and the vehicle was on fire.

If it was your local Coop building ...you would have driven past and forgotten about it within 24rs. OK...its an airport...so SKY news are playing the same 3 minute video over and over. Looks like the car burned for hours watching that channel's news.

Wonder if they will actually give us a timeline?...the whole blaze was probably put out within the hour.

The security bollards did their job very well...praise should go out to the guys that concreted them in!;)

Let's keep in mind that its hardly on the scale of previous incidents...ie. 911 and the July bombings.

But even so...and I'm not taking anything away from the pain, suffering and loss endured by those involved in these incidents...but our government and the US government have done far worse with larger numbers of casualties.

I know the UK government are going to get so much millage out of this!

mark

duncan
30th June 2007, 10:27 PM
Don't think there was any blind panic by the public at the Airport - several of them helped the police "apprehend" these nutters, and fair play to them.

Rolling News channels like stories like this. Its a summer weekend, so no football, all Brits out of the tennis, little news about. Plus its the first "terrorist" attack in Scotland for many a year, so a new angle for them to look at.

No-one is making you read about it or watch it, mind :p;)

vintageb3
30th June 2007, 10:32 PM
No-one is making you read about it or watch it, mind :p;)

I believe a very wise man said that very recently...

You are of course quite correct...

See!...always a first time for everything:eek: :D

mark

vintageb3
30th June 2007, 10:50 PM
Don't think there was any blind panic by the public at the Airport - several of them helped the police "apprehend" these nutters, and fair play to them.

I heard one gentleman and his good lady wife from a place called Dundee say that outside it was most calm...but inside...mothers were grabbing their children and running. The Dundee couple said they witnessed extreme panic inside the terminal building.

I did state in my previous post "general public"...which I used to discern between those involved at the airport and those at home "pitting on the tea".

I think this may have affected those at home to a greater degree than our hardened "have a go" Scottish holiday maker.

News just in...guy wasn't trying to "have a go"...he was trying to kick the **** out of the driver...cause the explosion made him drop his bottle of Duty Free Buckie:D :eek:

mark

AeroJonny
1st July 2007, 05:30 AM
I'm just glad all my friends that work in the airport are ok and that no innocent bystanders were injured. :)

X30YES
1st July 2007, 03:41 PM
What happened, was it an accident or did these guys attack it?
No Telly up there ...ffs :eek: ......Rammed the front door in a Jeep

s15gma
1st July 2007, 08:26 PM
Aye - much respect to the emergency services - very proud of promptness of attendance and handling of situation. Beeb news - get a grip. The more we change society the more this s*** will happen. They need to stop scare-mongering as far as I'm concerned. Two or three guys, all arrested. Prob handled. Lets get on wi things!!!

C'moan the Scots!!

s15gma
1st July 2007, 08:28 PM
And no Mini's were hurt or involved in incident - keeping it mini related as per requested!!:D :D

Burple
1st July 2007, 10:00 PM
It certainly doesn't look like an accident any more.. :(:(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6259354.stm

Big Col
2nd July 2007, 06:44 AM
It certainly doesn't look like an accident any more.. :(:(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6259354.stm

Ok how the hell could it ever have been an accident?!?! A burning jeep runs into the main terminal building?!?! I mean it's no like the guy just clipped a bollard is it?!?!!?

GAJ
2nd July 2007, 07:33 PM
http://johnsmeaton.com/

Absolute class! "This is Glasgow; we'll set aboot ya!"
"Me and another few boys were getting the boot in and this other boy banjoed him!"

duncan
2nd July 2007, 09:39 PM
http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/39872/1183407085/smeats.gif

:D

Burple
3rd July 2007, 01:52 PM
If this had happened in a US airport, compared to Glasgow

Eyewitness accounts.
America:"Oh my God! There was a man on fire, he was running about, i
just ran for my life. I thought i was gonna die, he got so close to me"
Glasgow "C*nt wis running aboot on fire, so a ran up n gave him a good
boot, then decked him"

America:" I just wanna get home, away from here. I just wanna get home,
I thought i was gonna die"
Glasgow:" here shug, am no leaving here till am oan a f*ckin' plane!"

America:" there was pandemonium, people were running in all directions,
we didn't know what was happening thought i was gonna die"
Glasgow:"F***** this fir a kerry oan, moan we ll get a pint in"

America:" We thought he was gonna blow us all up he had a gas canister,
and was trying to get into his trunk, I thought we were gonna die, I
just ran for my life"
Glasgow:"a swaggered by the motor that wis on fire, and the dafty
couldnae even open his boot, he wis in fire annaw so a ran up n gave him
a good boot to the baws"

America: there was this huge explosion, it sounded like war, I thought i
was gonna die"
Glasgow:" There wis a bang, yi know when yi throw BO basher intae a fire
itwis like that"

[John Stenhouse] America:" I'm too traumatized even to speak, I thought
i was gonna die"
Glasgow "here mate, gies 2 minutes till a phone ma auld dear, if am
gonna be oan the telly a want her tae tape it"

& finally, two quotes from an eye-witness.........john smeaton (these
are real)

John just surpassed himself on the National ITV new. The interviewer
asked "What message do you have for the bombers" - he replied "This is
Glasgow we'll just set about you"
John done an interview on cnn and they asked how he restrained the guy
and he said "me and other folk were just tryin 2 get the boot in and
some other guy banjoed him" !

AeroJonny
3rd July 2007, 02:15 PM
John Smeaton's clearly a legend:D Check out the big man's website!! http://www.johnsmeaton.com (http://www.johnsmeaton.com/)

Coop
3rd July 2007, 07:08 PM
My mum and Dad were in the departure lounge when this happened! Awfy scary!

X30YES
3rd July 2007, 07:10 PM
My mum and Dad were in the departure lounge when this happened! Awfy scary!

I bet it was ...:eek:

bigcoyote
3rd July 2007, 08:29 PM
I just got back in town and heard about the attack in Scotland....Scary stuff - glad no one was hurt.

We spent the weekend at my families cabin in the mountains....don't watch much TV up there:D

Hope everyone over there is doing well!!

monkimagic
3rd July 2007, 11:49 PM
top stuff LnL :D

GP 1536
4th July 2007, 12:13 AM
Don't want to piss on everyones parade but I'm not sure if this is a good thing.He did say to the terrorists 'this is Glasgow and we'll set about you',which is fair enough as it just happened and he would be full of adrenaline.But I think it was irresponsible for ITV news to show him saying that as it could provoke the Jihadist in to another attack.But this time making sure the job is done correctly.It think that why the BBC were originally going with the line the 'we were very lucky',but they have now unfortunately jumped on the band wagon.

I would be a bit nervous if I was Smeaton as well.His face is all over the internet,and again,some Jihadist may want to target him.:eek:

The good thing for him is that I'm sure he'll find it no problem getting his hole now.Females will be throwing themselves at him.:cool:

Big Gordy
4th July 2007, 08:33 AM
If he drinks all 600 pints that are waiting for him at the Holiday Inn he'll be incapable of biting his own finger never mind finding a *hole* as you put it :D :D :D

minidriver#1
6th July 2007, 09:48 PM
That's not funny, but borderline bigoted, and I take offense to that. But going by your language and the inability to construct proper sentences, I wouldn't really expect any better. It's ****ing people like you that can't distinguish the difference between a religion and extremist groups that try to associate with a religion. But what is worse is site admin see fit to let it stand.

sh@z
6th July 2007, 10:09 PM
Being a Muslim i can't bloody stand this sorta stuff. Since when do the actions of a few represent the whole. I am looked down upon wherever I go in the world (which i travel a lot cos of work) and I dont need to come on to a forum and read these sorts of retarded comments, its ****ing unacceptable. And I can't believe no mod saw it fit to delete the post seeing as most of them know myself.

I was born here, work hard, got a good degree, pay my taxes (probably more than most due to the family businesses), but due to the fact that I'm a muslim I'm treated like I don't belong by narrow minded, biggotted, ****ers everywhere I go and it seems its no bloody different here. :mad:

The Dogfather
6th July 2007, 11:02 PM
Shaz

You've got a number of extremist Muslim groups that have taken it upon themselves to kill as many innocent people as they can in the name of Islam. The general public are bound to be wary of Muslims just in the same way people were wary of the Irish during the IRA terror campaigns. It's not right but it is understandable.

I do agree that some of the 'jokes' on here are out of order though and should be removed.

vintageb3
6th July 2007, 11:04 PM
See!!!! Muslim...Catholic...Protestant...we all can't get past the swear police!:eek: :D

Just goes to prove we are all the same...or equal!

Sh@z...I too was shocked when I read those "funnies"

At least its not the kind of thing that I would write on a public forum in case it offended someone.

However...I don't think anyone on here meant to offend your religion.

If you are Scottish as you suggest...you should know how your fellow Scots deal with matter such as these...with a bit of banter and humour.

My mate works in a garage in Glasgow. He actually told me these same 'funnies". I looked at him with a look of distaste and he retorted that were told to him by two Muslim guys that work in the garage.

With humour...what's actually out of bounds?

Most humour offends someone...

mark

AndyP & Lenore
6th July 2007, 11:06 PM
Being a Muslim i can't bloody stand this sorta stuff. Since when do the actions of a few represent the whole. .............. I'm treated like I don't belong by narrow minded, biggotted, ****ers everywhere I go and it seems its no bloody different here. :mad:

Shaz, can I just say, I fully understand your annoyance and frustration at the tasteless "joke" from GP1536 (which now looks like it's been deleted), but your own post refers to the "few represent[ing] the whole". To suggest GP1536 represents the "whole" on NMS would be just as wrong.

I'm pretty sure the majority of NMS'er are capable of differentiating between the assholes on Friday and Saturday and law-abiding, upstanding citizens.

Don't tarnish all of us with GP1536's brush.

A.;)

minidriver#1
6th July 2007, 11:12 PM
Shaz

You've got a number of extremist Muslim groups that have taken it upon themselves to kill as many innocent people as they can in the name of Islam. The general public are bound to be wary of Muslims just in the same way people were wary of the Irish during the IRA terror campaigns. It's not right but it is understandable.

I do agree that some of the 'jokes' on here are out of order though and should be removed.

Shaz was speaking as a Muslim, I however was not. I'm not a Muslim but at the same time have no reason to be wary of Muslim people and a large part of that is because I'm educated. The KKK and the BNP are largely made up of white Christians, but that doesn't mean I'm weary of all white Christians in case they might want to tie me to the back of a truck and drive through town. That would just be stupid. What you are implying is that people think that all Muslims are terrorists and that it is acceptable to think that. How can that be acceptable?

sh@z
6th July 2007, 11:28 PM
Shaz

They are not Muslim, nothing they do is doing anything for Muslim. The whole Jihad thing is something riled up by the media. Jihas is ONLY done when your home is attacked and you defend it, only then can you claim Jihad. Now all these monkeys claiming to be Muslim claim to do Jihad which shows just how much they know about the religion.

The way I look at it, they are not Muslim, nor doing anything for any higher cause, they are a small group of people hell bent on causing as much harm as they can, classing them as Muslim is doing injustice to anybody who IS a Muslim. Again, the media has a hand to play in this.

Being wary is one thing, but being guilty until proven innocent is another. I'm a Muslim yes, but why should I have to pay the price of the acts of a few, and as said before in this post, those few arent doing ANYTHING that the Quran states.

During the IRA campaigns, people were wary of the Irish yes, but were they wary of Protestants, or Catholics, there have been MORE terrorist activity/killings under the banner of Christianity than there has been from Islam, why wasn't that treated the same? I wonder...

Shaz, can I just say, I fully understand your annoyance and frustration at the tasteless "joke" from GP1536 (which now looks like it's been deleted), but your own post refers to the "few represent[ing] the whole". To suggest GP1536 represents the "whole" on NMS would be just as wrong.

I'm pretty sure the majority of NMS'er are capable of differentiating between the assholes on Friday and Saturday and law-abiding, upstanding citizens.

Don't tarnish all of us with GP1536's brush.

A.;)

I didn't mean to tarnish all of the members on the forum with the same brush, but thats how I felt like I was being treated and in reaction I went with emotions I guess. I know a fair few people from NMS in real life, mostly the older lot, so then know how laid back I normally am but I couldn't let this fly. I was just surprised nobody had said anything with response to the post earlier, as the thread had carried on for another page.

But yeah, I was just angry I guess.

See!!!! Muslim...Catholic...Protestant...we all can't get past the swear police!:eek: :D

Just goes to prove we are all the same...or equal!

Sh@z...I too was shocked when I read those "funnies"

At least its not the kind of thing that I would write on a public forum in case it offended someone.

However...I don't think anyone on here meant to offend your religion.

If you are Scottish as you suggest...you should know how your fellow Scots deal with matter such as these...with a bit of banter and humour.

My mate works in a garage in Glasgow. He actually told me these same 'funnies". I looked at him with a look of distaste and he retorted that were told to him by two Muslim guys that work in the garage.

With humour...what's actually out of bounds?

Most humour offends someone...

mark

Yeah I am 100% Scottish, born and raised here, studied here and work here. This is my home, not somewhere else in the world.

But yeah, banter is fine, I enjoy banter just as much as the next guy, within reason. But stuff like GP's post I couldn't just let pass, as ever since 9/11 I have had to pay the price for being a Muslim and being targeted/alienated from every direction and quite frankly I've had enough. Me being Muslim is no different from someone being Christian or another person being Jewish, why should I be judged from my religion, or even the colour of my skin (as is mostly the case as its assumed I am Muslim due to the shade of my skin)

But anyway, the point has been made.

vintageb3
6th July 2007, 11:38 PM
The KKK and the BNP are largely made up of white Christians

To quote my Dad...who was ripped off by a minster of a church in a business deal..."I'm a better Christian than you...and I don't even go to church!"

Well...I don't think you could call anyone that belongs to either organsation a real Christian.

Really the same thing with these Islamic extremists...can they be called real Muslims?

Christianity?...Islam?..isn't all religion there to show its followers the difference between good and bad?

Isn't the God...the same God?

I know a lot of good people that know the difference between good and bad...and are not practising any religion.

mark

minidriver#1
6th July 2007, 11:54 PM
To quote my Dad...who was ripped off by a minster of a church in a business deal..."I'm a better Christian than you...and I don't even go to church!"

Well...I don't think you could call anyone that belongs to either organsation a real Christian.

Really the same thing with these Islamic extremists...can they be called real Muslims?

Christianity?...Islam?..isn't all religion there to show its followers the difference between good and bad?

Isn't the God...the same God?

I know a lot of good people that know the difference between good and bad...and are not practising any religion.

mark

There is a difference between being good or bad and being a believer in a particular religion. Being good or bad is irrelevant in some religions as long as you are a believer in the existence of God... but of course you could argue that being good or bad is dependent on which religion you follow, in which case the other religions you don't follow are perceived to be the bad. But that is getting away from the argument. The point you make about KKK and BNP members not being real Christians is EXACTLY the point myself and Shaz are making about these extremists and the publics apparently lack of ability in differentiating between the two, law abiding religious people and terrorists.

Gismo
7th July 2007, 05:03 AM
Hmm, my comments, take them any way you like, i'm a mod on this site and the site generally runs itself with the very odd post here and there.
I am free to post like the next guy and can be censored equally too.

What i took from GB's post (not the one that was deleted cause i didn't see it) was that i found it extremely funny, i took it as it was meant to be, i take it the same way i take any other socialised joke, if it's funny, near to the bone and i think it's funny, i'll laugh at it.
If i'm thought to be a lover of Bernard Manning's class, race, role, crass offensive humour then, i'm that guy.

Just exactly how many remarks have been made about my height and lack of hair, publicly, on this forum from many members, have i sulked and recited the passages from any religious books, hell no, i get on with it.

From what started out as a harmless joke (in my eyes and most probably most of others but i can't confirm) has ended up dragging up the whole racist tripe once again where some reckon it's directed at them, or whatever.

Why has the entire thread been turned over to Jihad (or Jihas) just what on earth can allow that to happen from a hysterical reaction to a funny joke.

Shaz, mate, you made a reference to other people as monkeys, a bit against the grain don't ya think and something that i take exception to, blah blah.

I for one am fed up of the whole racist slant thing, if the minority can see past the hysterical reaction of a well delivered joke then we can all get along with our lives.

I will not be drawn into thinking that associating a particular race with a saying is worthy of a huge debate or argument, because if i find that any race associated with any saying is funny then i will laugh.

Am i racist, i don't think so, but it depends on whose eyes are looking at me.
I think it's fair to say that there are only 2 members who replied to the posts in a negative manner to the jokes who have the biggest axe to grind, but come on guys, this was not any more racist than bringing racism into the conversation in the first place.

If anyone on the site sees an offensive post, it should be reported immediately and the appropriate action will be taken, posting on a thread later wondering why it hasn't been removed is way too late, i for one don't see and read every post, especially when i'm away working

X30YES
7th July 2007, 09:50 AM
My comment and joke was sent to me by a very good friend of mine Surinder Singh !!! and on sending it he must have saw the light hearted side of it to pass it on .Under the present climate here in the UK and the rest of the world ,I'd say its a good thing that we can make light of what is a terrible fact of modern day society .I'm Scottish and Protestant, live in a Christian country and have accepted many a joke about that ..I treat it as a joke and give as good as I get ...others should do the same I'd say !!.If my post offended anyone I'm sorry ...as said before a "harmless joke" .

stoney
7th July 2007, 09:54 AM
i did not see the deleted post bur come on it was a joke that gp posted

vintageb3
7th July 2007, 10:10 AM
In a attempt to diffuse this topic, i posted last night. I'm not sure if that was a good thing or not.

I would hate to think anyone on here felt victimised because of thier height, colour, creed, or lack of hair.

I'd like to think that if we were all at that incident at Glasgow airport, we would have stood together and "banjoed in" regardless of creed, height, colour, or lack of hair.

These guys were most definitely not "good people" and intent of maming and death. They were doing nothing in the name of God.

Mind you...I know that two of our members here would have certainly had an advantage over us in the "banjoing" Being more streamlined...they would have reached the incident quicker...and been well under these terrorists centre of gravity.:eek: :D

And I will say it before anyone else does...yeah...I would have still been in Costa...eating all the pies!:D

See!...wee jokes about ourselves...

I can take a joke...and I can differentiate between someone that is having a laugh...and a bigot.

I can't condone any of the attacks on the Muslim community over this incident. It shows that these people are ignorant! Why didn't they attack Chinese take aways??? Don't they know that there more Muslims in China...than any place else in the world?? Muslims simply can't tar us all with the same brush.

I know that catholics in this country went through hell when the IRA was in full swing, even though they had no connection to the IRA.

I always said that the terrorists from both sides of the divide should be put against a wall and shot.

I could never figure out what the whole Ireland thing was about anyway.

The Irish Republican Army was formed by four Protestants...but was a catholic organisation???...err...no it wasn't. It was a Republican movement.

They fought the English...but also fought amongst themselves???

I'm glad that for the most part...that "struggle" seems to be over.

But it seems that Muslims now have to go through what Catholics had to indure. Makes me wonder if our Muslims here were telling Catholic/Protestant jokes during the troubles in Ireland. I think that would have been a bit of banter really...and not meant to offend.

I have my own idea of what is behind these current attacks.

It all started hundreds of years ago...and it started over the greed for power and money and it too was under the banner of a religion...Christianity. I don't think any of that was in the name of God either.

Most of these countries that are breeding terrorists were divided up in the past by two superpowers. These superpowers have had far too much involvement in that area and I can only imagine what their policies have done to harm and offend the people in those countries. I think its time for some payback

I think if we had been subjected to the same kind of thing by foreign powers....as Scots...we may be hitting back too.

I don't think any of this will be over for hundreds of years...and it certainly won't be over until we stop and ask these people why they want to attack us.

I hope we can all get on together in here though...cause life is way too short. (but not as short as Bonnie Scotland):eek: :eek: :D :D

mark

Gismo
7th July 2007, 10:26 AM
I'd like to think that if we were all at that incident at Glasgow airport, we would have stood together and "banjoed in" regardless of creed, height, colour, or lack of hair
But that's just it, of course everyone against any kind of terror would, but, not to get away from what was being argued about on this thread, a joke was typed up and then all hell breaks loose from the politically insane society, that's what i'm fed up with

minidriver#1
7th July 2007, 11:35 AM
Fed up eh? Well, at least you know how it feels then. As for your previous, largely irrelevant rant personally I couldn't give a toss about what you've been through on the forum, especially if you don't give a toss about what others feel.

As for 'racist tripe, you are the first person to mention the word 'racist' on this thread... suggesting to me that you don't know the difference between bigotry and racism. You're the first person to bring the topic of racism to this thread...

Gismo
7th July 2007, 11:46 AM
Fed up eh? Well, at least you know how it feels then. As for your previous, largely irrelevant rant personally I couldn't give a toss about what you've been through on the forum, especially if you don't give a toss about what others feel.

As for 'racist tripe, you are the first person to mention the word 'racist' on this thread... suggesting to me that you don't know the difference between bigotry and racism. You're the first person to bring the topic of racism to this thread...
Sheesh, exactly what i expected, the first mention of racism was on post 8, though not in any form of context at all.
I'm glad i can see the funny side of this and i'm also happy to report that the references to me in any way on NMS is taken as it was meant and i can laugh at it and myself.
But you carry on KJ, the floor's all yours, as far as i can see there is nowt wrong with any posts on this thread, except you think something was directed at you

minidriver#1
7th July 2007, 11:50 AM
You're an idiot. When did I suggest there was something directed at me? The floors not all mine mate, you pretentious ******.

Gismo
7th July 2007, 11:57 AM
You're an idiot. When did I suggest there was something directed at me? The floors not all mine mate, you pretentious ******.
Cheers mate, don't feel obliged to cover up your words, i can smile and get on with it, i guess if an argument/discussion is not quite going your way you result to personal insults, maybe that's why you can't see the humour in the original post,, must be a big chip to carry round :)

minidriver#1
7th July 2007, 11:59 AM
Don't worry man... you've already said you can laugh it off. Besides I'm fairly confident that the argument is going my way :D

Also, check out my new thread, I'm sure it'll be to your liking.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go jump start my car.

Gismo
7th July 2007, 12:10 PM
Don't worry man... you've already said you can laugh it off. Besides I'm fairly confident that the argument is going my way :D

Also, check out my new thread, I'm sure it'll be to your liking.
Am wondering if you behave like this on your own site KJ, if someone disagrees with you, you then resort to swear words contained within an obviously intimidating post on a family orientated forum.
I have of course closed it until the mighty mods can have a look to decide if my actions were appropriate.

Now, for me, you jump starting your car is also very funny.

So, we'll agree to disagree

minidriver#1
7th July 2007, 12:17 PM
I don't behave like this on my own forum because my admin do a great job of keeping topics with racial undertones well moderated. They also don't have double standards man. You can't close my thread when this one remains open. Both threads contained similar, potentially offensive, material. And you said it yourself, this is a family orientated forum.

Anyway, I apologise for the name calling there was no excuse for that.

vintageb3
7th July 2007, 12:21 PM
Well...I give up!

If the both of you can't agree on this point...I think the both of you should refrain from posting any further on this topic.

I have a feeling that neither of you are racist...bigoted...or even bad guys.

The both of you are going to fall out...and look like A-holes in the process.

Isn't this the sort of thing these terror attacks are intended to do...put us at odds with each other.

Grow up! (And that wasn't a short joke):eek:

Terrorists 1 : You Two 0

mark

minidriver#1
7th July 2007, 12:36 PM
I'll give you a hug at Arbroath, both of you.

vintageb3
7th July 2007, 12:42 PM
I'll give you a hug at Arbroath, both of you.

That's more like it!:)

You will need long arms when you get to me mate!:D

mark

vintageb3
7th July 2007, 01:38 PM
OK...to kinda give an example of the point some are trying to make here...If i had answered:

"YOU BIG POOF!"...you may have cracked a wee smile....as you would probably guess I was joking. Right?...Wrong?

So let's examine that:

You are a male...you want to hug another male.

How can you make a joke out of that?...well you go for the most obvious thing...homosexuality.

Someone that may be gay on here may have taken offense but I think you would see...there was NO intention of offending them.

I've seen Glaswegian/Asian comedians doing stand-up...covering the whole wide topic of racism...and most people in the room were on the floor laughing. These guys really poke fun at the whole thing.

If a white guy then stood up and did the same set of jokes...he would be deemed to be racist. Right?...Wrong??? I would admit it wouldn't be funny though.

I really do hope that that my use of "Asian" here is correct...as I really don't want to offend anyone.

I've seen a disabled Asian comedian hobble on a stage using a stick. He had a really bad speech impediment as well. He stood the stick up...then let it fall over. He said "See! Useless without me!"

I was horrer...and I didn't start laughing at any of his jokes until I realised that he was having a go at himself...and THAT was the funny bit. Just the same as Billy Connelly really!

He also told a joke about getting stopped in one of those blue three wheel cars that the goverment gave out to disabled people. He said "You remember those cars???...These things went like "Fcuk"...but had no brakes!!!. It was Margaret Thatcher's idea on how to keep the disabled population down!?. He told of being stopped by the police after having done 60mph in a 30mph limit and the policeman asked him his name. He said "Mr WWAGHAGAHHAYYYAYYYA" The Policeman let him go. He knew that he didn't want to stand up in court and have to say that" (I don't know if my use of "disabled" is correct here...don't know if that's PC these days...apologies if I'm wrong)

I've seen an American Chinese comedian who started his set off by saying "I'm really down today...my girlfriend dumped me for another Chinese guy...It hurts!...he looked exactly like me!"

Both these guys i was shocked at...until I realised that they were not offending anyone...they were having a poke at themselves

See...most humour can offend someone. That was the point I was trying to make.

Although saying that...I still wouldn't have posted these "funnies"...even though it seems like the Asian/Muslim community at least in Glasgow are telling these jokes as well.

Have to admit...these made up names would sound better with an Glasgow/Asian accent.

Most of the guys that I'm in awe with in the music business are black. I agree with Clapton on this point "If a black guy walks on stage...opens his case and pulls out a guitar...its time for the white guy to put his away"

I have worked with many black artists and have always felt that the race thing has never got in the way. There always seems to be mutal respect and I can't think of any reason why there shouldn't be. I do admit being jealous of their musical gift though! We are not equal on that point!:D

I hope you guys see what i'm saying here...or shouild I stop digging

We are all "brother's from a different Mother"

mark

monsta mo mini admin
7th July 2007, 07:17 PM
I've been offline for a few days so wasn't around when this kicked off so apologies.

I've deleted the offending posts as they seem to have already caused offence so lets's not cause any more eh! A public facing site like NMS has to tow the line on any subject matter that might cause offence to any of its members. Subject closed and look forward to seeing pics of BS and KJ's reconciliation ;)